How close are dating scans?

sophie22

Reaction score
I had mine today and I am very thorough with tracking me cycle. I was supposed to be 12 plus 1 but am back to 11 plus 3. I know it is only 4 days but I was really pushing it with how much later I thought ovulation was already. could baby just be a bit smaller than usual but still be 12 plus 1?

Baby could be smaller or your dates could just be a little bit off. I know sometimes my body will have all of the signs of ovulation and gear up for it and then it doesn't release the egg immediately. This happened in my last pregnancy, I was SO sure of the day I conceived and I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and baby was off by an entire 8 days. They changed my due date and even when baby was almost 2 weeks late he was just SUPER TINY.

I hope that helped a little bit... Try not to stress about it <3

Thank you! I guess I'm just a bit upset because I really wanted a 12 plus scan picture to try out this nub theory. but with 11 weeks it's meant to be not very reliable so am a bit gutted after all that wait for a scan for it to be earlier than I would have liked

Yeah, two of my babies measured 4 days behind at first, but they caught up and were only off by a day or two a couple of weeks early and are very healthy children now!

Sorry you couldn't get your nub photo. :( Do you go back in for another scan soon??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->