How could i change hospital??

Mumof42009

Mum Of 4 Preemie's
Reaction score
I really have bad feeling about the hospital im booked in at, the doctor was very rude to me yesterday and made me feel like i shouldnt be there. I didnt want to go to that hospital in 1st place but my stupid gp didnt send my referral letter to the right hospital so just went along with it. How can i go about getting changed to another hospital? x

I really have bad feeling about the hospital im booked in at, the doctor was very rude to me yesterday and made me feel like i shouldnt be there. I didnt want to go to that hospital in 1st place but my stupid gp didnt send my referral letter to the right hospital so just went along with it. How can i go about getting changed to another hospital? x

Hi Bump, for a start your GP legally should not have referred you without asking you where you wanted to go.

Are you also seeing a community midwife at your surgery or home? If so, just tell him/her you would like to go to another hospital instead, and he/she has to follow your wishes. It really is as simple as that. If you're not seeing a community midwife, then make an appointment with your GP and tell him/her that you want to change; again, legally your GP has to follow your wishes.

You do NOT have to give any explanation for wanting to change hospitals. Legally (actually, I say legally - this is all assuming you live in England, because I don't know the rules for Scotland or Wales) you could go to AND hospital with an antenatal department anywhere in England. I know of somebody who, quite honestly, was planning to give birth in a hospital more than 100 miles away from her home. (That's a true story.) So, in theory, you could live in Cornwall but request to be seen at a hospital in Carlisle or Newcastle.

Good luck, and try not to worry about it - your GP probably has better things to do than wonder WHY. His/her job will be made all the easier if you end up being somewhere you're happy to be.

xx

Ive heard so many bad things about were im supposed to go and just not happy after yesterday i dont mind if i have to travel just expect to be treated with a bit of respect i felt like he treated me like a stupid little girl! x

Its was midwife who booked me where i didnt wana go so im so annoyed as clearly said to her i didnt want to go there. My gp is trying to get me transferred over which is good so will hopefully be under my old consultant who was brill so fingers crossed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->