'How did a baby get in your tummy?'

Nicola83

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I have my scan on Tuesday and all being well will be telling my DD who is 4 about the baby. She already suspects i have a baby in my tummy given I've started to show already but doesn't know for sure!

Anyway I know this question will come up given she's an inquisitive little thing and I have no idea what to tell her!!

What have you told your little ones who are too young to understand the real way?!

X

When i had my DD (shes two now) my boys asked me how, i told them the truth, they know how babies are made, but they know you need to be an adult and in love, my youngest boy was 3 when he asked and i told him, i couldn't think of another way to tell them and then un tell them later, and their dad (my ex) had told them the baby comes out of the woman's belly button which had confused the hell out of the hem but i told them no they come out of the woman's vagina (they know the correct terms) however when i was pregnant with my DD my son who was 3 went baby clothes shopping with me and he wanted to buy her a pink pair of boots so i gave him the £20 and held him up to the counter to pay for them himself, the lady at the till asked 'are these for your baby sister?' So he said 'yes shes not here yet but shes coming out of mummy's vagina soon' LOL the woman looked discusted and just said 'charming' it made me laugh haha!! Good luck deciding how to explain to you DD hun

Just remembered my sis in law told her LO 'mummy and daddy had a magic cuddle' x

My parents brought me a book called mummy laid an egg on the sofa. Its a real child friendly way of explaining the birds and the bees without going over the top.

When i had my DD (shes two now) my boys asked me how, i told them the truth, they know how babies are made, but they know you need to be an adult and in love, my youngest boy was 3 when he asked and i told him, i couldn't think of another way to tell them and then un tell them later, and their dad (my ex) had told them the baby comes out of the woman's belly button which had confused the hell out of the hem but i told them no they come out of the woman's vagina (they know the correct terms) however when i was pregnant with my DD my son who was 3 went baby clothes shopping with me and he wanted to buy her a pink pair of boots so i gave him the £20 and held him up to the counter to pay for them himself, the lady at the till asked 'are these for your baby sister?' So he said 'yes shes not here yet but shes coming out of mummy's vagina soon' LOL the woman looked discusted and just said 'charming' it made me laugh haha!! Good luck deciding how to explain to you DD hun

:rofl: Love this! Bless him

It was hilarious, shame the shop assistant didnt find it so funny loool

We've always just told ours that mommy has a baby in her tummy and they are having a baby brother or sister. My oldest are 13 months apart so the news isn't a new thing to here... they understand. As they've gotten older we've changed it, it's age appropriate but they know. You could buy books or do activities... if she watches any shows or movies and they have baby siblings or pregnant mamas you can point it out and have small talks about it with her. I want to share something my three year old daughter said this summer, it was the cutest thing!! Your thread name made me think of it instantly :)

"Once upon a time, mommy and daddy were happy and I came to your tummy. The doctors then took me out and took me to the house to you guys."
Justyce, how did you get into my tummy?
"Elijah showed me the way. I took an airplane down from Heaven to in your tummy"

Elijah is our son that we lost in August 2013
<3

Alex and I do a lot of gardening so he knows about planting seeds etc. He thinks that's what happens: daddy gives mummy a seed and the baby grows. But now he wants to know how daddy put the seed in my tummy and also where daddy got it from. He thinks daddy buys the seeds from Wilkinsons for £1 and that daddy puts the seed through my belly button. xx

My oh told my son 4 that there was a baby in mummies tummy the day we found out. He thinks you have to run my belly and kiss it and wish for a brother or sister to get one! He has since told my mum and dad whilst we were in the middle of burger king though so I don't recommend telling until you're ready for anyone else to know lol!

My son is 4 and we just told him last weekend that I'm pregnant. He asked a little bit about how the babies got there and I told him the truth. He seemed satisfied with a small amount of detail and didn't want too much explanation.

DS who is 3.5 asked me how the baby got in my tummy. I told him that mummies have lots of little teeny tiny seeds in thir tummies and God makes them grow into babies. We are christians so he was happy with that answer :thumbup: I thought he'd want more info (he usually does) but that seemed to satisfy him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->