How did she feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ein_85

Just Me & the Missus
Reaction score
Alright I have a question for all you mom's out there. How do you think Mary felt? I mean I always think about Mary during Christmas and Easter. Do you think she was scared? Do you think she was confident in her ability to raise her son? I mean most new parents are filled with a certain fear that we will mess up our kids, do you think it was doubled for her knowing what she knew? Seriously, I am interested in hearing what you guys have to say on the subject matter. Please let me know.

im not sure if i was her i would have been crapping my pants.....

I am not sure if this is serious or not. I suspect she wasn't a virgin so she probably just thought she was giving birth to a baby and how it was an uber pain in the arse to have to travel all that way for the censes.

I am not sure if this is serious or not. I suspect she wasn't a virgin so she probably just thought she was giving birth to a baby and how it was an uber pain in the arse to have to travel all that way for the censes.

:rofl: agreed, i couldnt have travelled anywhere :shock:

x

the worst part trying to find somewhere to give birth....she got turned away how many times poor woman she must have been terrified lol x

Yeh, I agree with lexx :\ I think the whole immaculate conception thing is a load of tosh to put it nicely and I think she got pregnant like any other woman did.. she had sex ;o

Besides, jesus wasn't even born in December lol He was born in March or April (can't remember which).
The idea about Christmas (other than jesus) is based on a pagan holiday celebrated by the Romans which was just really a big feast that ran from december through to january.
The Yule Log that we know today comes from Viking celebrations, where they used to burn huge logs on a fire to honor the sun. Christmas trees were fertility symbols alongside mistletoe and holly.

:rofl: history lesson over!

I would have been majorly peeved at being made to travel whilst about to give birth!!

It was a serious question. I enjoy hearing people's thoughts on the matter.

Along with Christmas, Easter is also based on a fertility holiday Ostara, as is the All Saints Night a cover for Sahmain. It's interesting to look at how the different holidays coincide around or near eachother.

I think one of the things that got me is the fact that she rode there on a donkey, that would just kill me. I mean about to give birth and riding all the way off to a capital on a donkey, and the animal can't even go fast cause Joseph is walking it! lol, poor Mary.

Lets face it if it happened today she'd be a millionarire with a 10 page spread in OK! :lol:

No disrespect at all intended either :D

i think her faith in God helped her through everything. she knew he would protect them and help them but she must have felt worried due to the circumstances

I dont know how she did it, when i was in labour i felt like i had a traffic cone up my arse i couldnt sit on the bed never mind a donkey! x

i think her faith in God helped her through everything. she knew he would protect them and help them but she must have felt worried due to the circumstances

She this is one of my many misunderstandings of the bible. Did she know she was apprently giving birth to the son of god? With out Jesus how was there a christian faith? How did the messages get sent on to the people? Why don't jews reconise the birth of christ when he was a jew himself?

On a lighter note why did people belive she was a virgin, if soeone said that today they'd be straight on jezza kyle with every one laughing at them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"