How did the 4 month sleep regression effect your LO?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by purapura, Nov 16, 2011.

1. purapura

purapura Well-Known Member

Hi all, just want to preper my self for the worse :)

Could you tell me how did 4 month sleep regration effected your LO? How did your LO sleep before and was he/she self settling?

Thanks

2. MajorBee

MajorBee Well-Known Member

She self-settled most of the time for naps (4 x 1hrs) and nightime sleep, but woke about 3 times a night to feed. I was really worried about the sleep regression, but it ended up being about 3 nights of waking every 2 hours then back to normal! She's now 5 months and still wakes twice a night :)

3. CLH_X3

CLH_X3 Love my two babies!

my lo used to wake once a night then it slowly got to 2/3 times ... and at the moment shes waking every 30-90 minutes starting from 1.30!!! .. i am tired!!

4. purapura

That is what I expect from my boy :) I think I need to preper my self physically and mentally... Lol

5. My_First

My_First Well-Known Member

He always self settled fine, but woke every hour for his dummy. Until we ditched it!

6. XJessicaX

XJessicaX mum to two girls!

Wasn't very good at self settling and went from waking every 4-5 hours to waking every 3. Unsure exactly why she woke up, but because she wasn't really asking for anything it makes me believe that it is in fact the brain maturing to an adult sleep cycle. Lasted about 2-3 weeks ish but the minute it stopped, it dramatically improved so almost made it worth it!

7. HellBunny

HellBunny Guest

Ours lasted until 13 months! Even now he doesn't sleep great but waking a few times is a damn sight better than 30-40x to be picked up, and starting the day at 2am :dohh: :brat:

8. MrsPoodle

MrsPoodle Mummy of a Princess

From a self settling angel who slept 13 hours to a non self settling devil waking up twice or three times and it taking 1 hour to get her back to sleep. It stopped abruptly and she is now back to self settling and sleeping again with no wake ups.

9. Lilly12

Lilly12 Mommy & #2 on board

She was sttn, until the 4 month sleep regression.
    When that finished ww26 came n messed everything up even more.
    Result: now she wakes every hour during the night!!!

10. purapura

When did the sleep regression hit you?

11. mummy2lola

mummy2lola Mum to 2 trying for 3

:cry: stupid bloody sleep regression lol Lola sttn from 7wks and then at 14.5wks she started waking once and now from 12.30-5am she's waking every 30 mins xx

12. Gbobs

Gbobs Well-Known Member

I hadn't even heard of a 4 month sleep regression till LO was 4 & a half months! He's 5 months tomorrow and we haven't really had any changes to his sleep pattern (he STTN from 7:30pm - 7:30am). The only thing we have had recently is the very odd night he has woken up crying a bit around 10pm but although we do hear him stirring in the night occasionally he puts himself back to sleep pretty easily.

13. DaniMoose

DaniMoose Well-Known Member

Ours started week 13 and i think it has just finished.
    Before he only woke up from 2am-4am for a feed to 3/4 times during the regression...including having to settle him within half an hour after bedtime.
    Was also much grumpier before his daytime naps...would get easily overtired or get to the point of falling asleep and once you stuck him in the cot he'd go nuts!