How did you do it?

Clovercandy

Reaction score
So I'm just around 4 weeks which is nothing really but how did you guys go thru your symptoms.

Right now I have extreme exhaustion and extreme emotional crankiness. Upset stomach sometimes and anything I eat is bland.

What did you have? And how did you deal with it?

I quit my studies so I could spend time at home sleeping and vomiting.

Along the way I learnt a few techniques which just about saw me through.

For MS I always made sure I ate as soon as I woke up, normally cereal with full fat milk. I also snacked throughout the day and only ate what I thought I could stomach, never forced myself to eat anything I didn't fancy. Some food is better than no food. Everything was bland. Fries, crisps, bread...it's all I could eat and I told myself that was fine.

For exhaustion, I slept. And slept. Whenever and wherever I could. I even packed a blanket and pillow in my car and many times ended up pulling into a car park and crashing out on the back seat for an hour or more. Oh, and I always went to bed before 10pm.

I suffered with depression, for which I did online CBT and mindfulness meditation, continued taking meds and confided in my sister. I also had anxiety which I remedied much the same way as well as avoiding trigger topics like MC threads for a while.

I wish I had a nicer tale for you but for me, first tri was bad. Still, I'm pretty sure mine was quite a severe case and most ladies seem to do much better than I did...and by 9 weeks I began to feel it lifting...Now my symptoms are a million times better. I have my life and my time back again! No more car naps!

Focusing on the baby is great for getting you through too. It's hard when it's so tiny and it's so early, but it did keep me determined to get through each day. An early scan really helped with that.

Most of all, allow yourself to be how you are without getting too upset about it...I would burst into tears at totally random things like if my partner wasn't hungry when I was or if he went out to the shops. I felt silly, but eventually just started to laugh it off. It meant the most magical thing in our lives was happening after all.

I have no choice but to get through it all. I work 10-12 hour days, and have had very bad morn ing sickness from 6 weeks on. I have a job where I can get up and take a break whenever, take my lunch whenever. My supervisor knows I am pregnant and is accommodating to the fact that I have to run to the bathroom a lot, either to pee or throw up.
Now on my days off all I do is sleep. I sleep about 2-3 hours in the afternoon, wake up, and have no problems going back to sleep in the evening. My husband has helped me a lot, as well, in regards to the cooking and laundry.
The struggle is real, but I don't want to slow down until I absolutely have to.

When I was pg with my daughter, first tri was horrible. Absolutely horrible. From 6-15 weeks I threw up 4-8x a day. I couldn't stomach anything including water. I ended up in the ER twice, once for dehydration and another for severe constipation caused by severe dehydration. My job was amazing, though, and never questioned when I called off from my morning sickness. Ladies at work felt horrible for me. I was tired all the time, and had to sleep at least 15 hours a day including naps bc of my hypothyroidism.

My ms finally went away around 15 weeks, and literally woke up one morning and felt phenomenal. Like a light had switched on.

I'm starting to feel the early nausea I felt last time so am totally looking forward to MS starting next week! (Not lol)

I felt great weeks 4 and 5, but once week 6 hit it was all downhill from there. My morning sickness has greatly decreased, but is still there. I try to avoid anything that triggers the MS, which is namely my cat's wet food at this point. Hubby is in charge of making sure our furbaby doesn't starve. :p
The frequent urination has done terrible number on my sleeping, as well. :(

I am not even 6 weeks yet but I have had horrible nausea and exhaustion already. My morning sickness is so much worse than when I was pregnant with my son, I am genuinely in shock about it. With my son I had a mild, general all day nausea, but it didn't start until after 6 weeks. I found that keeping my tummy slightly full would help with the sick feeling, so i ate a lot. :lol: Try eating a small amount often and see if that helps you.

This time I have had horrible, horrible nausea, basically all day and night except for about 5 hours from 3pm. It's been so bad I've been waking up in the middle of the night wanting to vomit and not being able to sleep because of it. I have food aversions and no cravings. Everything tastes gross. I am dizzy and sooooooo tired... Eating makes it worse. I haven't vomited yet, but have come close numerous times. The fact that I haven't vomited yet is inconsequential, I once went ten years without vomiting so I consider myself to have a strong stomach, I just feel sicker than having bad food poisoning for most of the day.

I am also wondering how to get through this as I have a two year to run after all day, so I can't just rest when I need to.

my first tri wasnt that bad but i still suffered. i never threw up from morning sickness but i did once from acid reflux which i already threw up from way before getting pregnant. my acid reflux wasnt any worse due to pregnancy though! its been same old! as for actual symptoms, i sneezed every day and had swollen breasts every day since conception, and i am still suffering exhaustion at exactly 2 pm every single day ever since 1st tri. its alright though, that turns my 8 hours of sleep into 10-12 hours of sleep total! my morning sickness started at 4 weeks, and was just on and off mild from there. as long as i ate something, it was mild to gone. otherwise, it was horrific if i did not eat anything throughout the day. my morning sickness did come back with vengeance in week 10, and i almost threw up everywhere i went, whether its shopping in walmart with my boyfriend or at work or school. it didnt go away completely until 12 and a half weeks.

oh, and if i dont eat before doing chores for the day, i black out/pass out or at least get extremely dizzy until all i see is black spots covering my vision. when that happens i have to sit down immediately or lay down or ill collapse. happens while im cooking breakfast. i remember i had to run to my bedroom because i knew i wasnt gonna make it until the eggs were done frying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"