How did you feel weeks/days before labour?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by CMarie, Jun 3, 2011.

1. CMarie

CMarie Guest

Hey Ladies :flower:

I know some of you are second/third/fourth time around pregnant so you've already been through labour or some of you have just had your babies (congrats!). I was wondering what you guys felt like a few weeks before labour hit or even just a few days?

This is my first little one and I'm sure all the other first time moms out there would love to hear stories too!

2. CMarie

CMarie Guest

3. Sydneymum2b

Sydneymum2b Well-Known Member

I would love to know too... C'mon mums! I'm so interested to know if you felt different or had a hint that something (even slightly) was happening or on its way to happening!

4. babyH

babyH Well-Known Member

Me too :) xx

5. Mummy~L

Mummy~L Mummy to 2

I had quite bad back ache for the few days leading up to labour! Other then that I felt completely normal, no signs for me at all xxx

6. Bebe1

Bebe1 Well-Known Member

Was it upper or lower back? Period pains at all? I'm wondering if anyone had lack of appetite :)

7. MummyinJune

MummyinJune Well-Known Member

Sorry i cant help im a first timer.. but im really interested to know what everyone says :)xx

8. lizzies29

lizzies29 Well-Known Member

Lots of backache and tiredness but thats about it xx

9. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

you may get more answers in baby club!but my waters broke 1st. I just felt bit strange bout 30 minutes before they went

10. Louise1985

Louise1985 Well-Known Member

nothing for me :( just started with the period pains on and off xxx

11. lilly100

lilly100 Well-Known Member

hi, popping over from 2nd tri but this is my third pregnancy so thought i'd be able to have a go at answering your post.
    To be perfectly honest i didnt feel that much different to normal, but when i say nomal i mean - tired, fed up (5 days overdue), very large. But both times the day before i had quite a few braxton hicks and quite regular which kind of give me a hint that things were going to 'start moving' sometime soon. I had had braxton hicks for a few weeks before but this time it was slightly different as like i say, they were happening more often.
    Other than that i didnt really feel any different - just very hopeful that labour would start soon lol.
    Hope this helps

12. CMarie

CMarie Guest

Thanks for all your responses ladies!! It's a bit early for me to worry about labour signs, but I'm just so friggin excited for my little guy to get here!! I know there's the typical signs...water breaking, contractions, etc...but I wanted to see if anyone had any unusual signs too. I was talking with my mom and she said that with both my brother and I she just felt "off" a couple days before going to into labour. She was really tired and she just knew something was going on.

I hope you guys get there soon!! :happydance:

13. gatormom2tots

gatormom2tots Well-Known Member

Baby started hitting nerves in the ;last few weeks...meaning I would be walking and suddenly a shooting/electric pain down my leg. I guess it was due to the baby dropping, its happening again right now.

Also, just a real unsettled and restless feeling.

14. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

with my son, i felt a bit restless (but not enough for me to notice at the time, i only clapped on AFTER i had him..LOL) and i had this very overwhelming urge to make his moses basket look perfect, like id sort out each frill and make sure the blankt in it was perfect etc, i woke up 4am the next morning (it was around 9pm when i got like this) i was having noticable but none painful contractions, which turned into proper labour by 8am, by 4pm i was at hospital being assessed and told i was 5cms, and by 1.15am i had him :)x