How did you feel when you became pregnant with your rainbow baby?

angel4eva

Reaction score
How did you feel when you became pregnant with your rainbow baby?

I've recently just got my bfp, and whilst we're very happy, I feel tinged with sadness about the baby we lost. I've just been looking through my boys memory box and it made me want to cry.

It's a little bit like this should be him I'm carrying, can't explain the feeling really.

I'm pregnant again after 7 losses, this time we saw the little flicker of a heartbeat which we have never got to this point before. I can't always help but feel a little sadness when each pregnancy brings me something that one of the others hadn't but with that I feel great excitement about what this time will bring. It's okay to be sad and it's okay to cry we all deal with things at a length of time that is right for ourselves and upon reflection I think it only normal to feel sad. Thinking of you.

It can be overwhelming but you need to remember that every pregnancy is different. With my rainbow I promised myself I wouldn't fall in love until he was born but I still had such a strong connection. I was very aware that things could (and sometimes do) go wrong but took everything one day at a time. He is now almost 10 months old and such a joy. It makes every sleepless night worth it.
Good luck!!!

I am 16 weeks today after 6 early first tri losses. I am very happy but I also mourn my other babies I lost. I'm sad for them but I try to love and enjoy this pregnant. I also accept its ok for me to feel this way. I don't let it make me feel guilty

It's totally ok to feel sad sometimes. After my son we had 15 losses before 14 weeks and then a 19 week loss of my daughter. When I found out I was having a girl last pregnancy I was so sad, not because I was disappointed, I was overjoyed, but it made me miss my daughter I lost so badly. Even now sometimes I look at my daughter and wonder what Tabitha would look like now and end up in tears. I miss all my angels everyday. It's hard but your rainbow will provide you with more comfort than anyone else can. Enjoy your rainbow but remember it's still ok to grieve, they were babies after all no matter how small they were.

Thanks everyone! I know, and I'm sure as this pregnancy continues and all is well I shall start to bond with my rainbow baby, just all feels very surreal. I know I will love them.

I think it also seems strange because there's a bigger age gap between my eldest and what will become her rainbow brother or sister, and it's a bit daunting doing all the baby stuff again. My daughter will nearly be 5.

Don't be too worried about the age gap, there's 10 years between my son and my rainbow. I was terrified but it was lovely as my son was old enough to really get involved and understand what was going on. He's such a good little helper too and adores his sister. There's only going to be 14 months between my dd and this baby and dd has absolutely no idea what's going on. I Defo prefer the big age gap!

Don't be too worried about the age gap, there's 10 years between my son and my rainbow. I was terrified but it was lovely as my son was old enough to really get involved and understand what was going on. He's such a good little helper too and adores his sister. There's only going to be 14 months between my dd and this baby and dd has absolutely no idea what's going on. I Defo prefer the big age gap!

Thanks, it's lovely to hear positive things about the bigger age gap. I hear things all the time about how a small age gap is best because they'll be closer and have similar things in common, which may well be true, but if plans don't go to plan you can't always help that.

I have to try and focus on the positives, baby will get full attention whilst my daughter is at school, when she's home she can play a big part and be really involved like you say.

I lost my little guy 11 years ago this month, when i had my rainbow baby Alexander, i was terrified the whole time, and still to this day i worry that it will happen again xxx Congratulations on your little bubby xxx sorry you lost your little one xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->