How did you meet your OH?

M

Mrs Mayhem

I'm feeling nosey, and I like a good romance story!! So how did you meet your OH?

I met mine online. He randomly sent me a message one day saying he liked my picture, I would usually ignore messages like that when I don't know the person, but was drunk and messaged him a thank you. Before we knew it we were messaging all the time, talking on msn, texting... He was in the Royal Navy and based in Scotland. I was over 300 miles away. Plus there's an 8 year age difference.... with me being the older one! I had never dated anyone younger than me before!

Eventually, after a lot of messaging etc we decided to meet. That was the best decision I ever made! We started to see each other properly from there,It was hard work with him being a submariner and away all the time, but got much easier when he left the navy and came home!!! We got engaged 5 months later then married last february and now of course have our beautiful little lady! :cloud9:

So now tell me your story!

I knew my hubby for a good while before we got together, we drank in the same club with the same people! But never really looked at him romanticly. Then we went to a mutual friends wedding, and I saw a different side to him that night! He is usually very shy and wouldnt have much to say, but that night he had a few drinks and he never left the dance floor. We had a right giggle dancing together, then at the end of the night he asked for my number!... 10 years and 3 kids later, the rest is history! :happydance:

Even after all that time, he still gives me butterflies in my tummy and makes me smile! Love him to bits!

I met my hubby online too. We messaged and talked for about 2 weeks and then met and have been together since.

met my OH at work when i started 5 years ago...never really spoke until a group of us went clubbing, we got quite drunk and flirty, finally exchanged numbers a week later and went out on a proper date lol. been together 2 and a half years now :)

I was set up on a blind date with my OH,He brought his friend along for moral support(there were loads of us out) I got rat arsed and ended up going home with his friend :blush:
Me and Dean stayed friends and finally got together a few months later :)

Been together 4 years in April.xx

we met through a mutual friend who had a BBQ, i was with my ex at the time and a few months down the line we split and our mutual friend put us in touch :)

Myspace lol, me and my gay friend were looking for fit guys at like 5am after a night out once and we both added him, he accepted me but not him :haha: we got talking but i was about to move 300 miles away but we still spoke all the time, i came back up we met and fell in love i moved back and he said he didnt want a relationship i was gutted spent all summer breaking my heart then started talkin again in the september i got pregnant in november and the rest is history! x

We met at work....I worked as a temp and was going to leave a week after starting there as I hated it.......until he turned up! lol....fate eh?!

Been in the same "friendship circles" for years, like knew each other since we were about 14 ...tbh i didn't pay him much attention i was loud and outgoing and he was one of the quieter ones! i was more interested in the knobheads(typical lol) he reckons he always had a "crush" on me lol! but finally year nd a half ago!(22 now) we got together! x

We met on a blind date. A work friend set it up who had known him for years so I knew he wasn't a murderer or anything lol.

It was just the 2 of us - I was crapping myself:haha:

We got on great, met up the next night and he stayed at mine:blush:

Moved in with him 2 months later, married after 2 years and lo born after 6 years:cloud9:

i met my oh at work. we were on nights together. He did have a gf but at the end of night he had split up with her. He sent me an email on myspace. I had tried to speak to him at wokr but was shy. I couldnt relpy so had to ask his friend for his number. Then from there we constantly text each other.
We went out properly after a week and nearly 3 1/2 yrs later we have a mortgage together, had caleb and now looking to try and sell the flat , get a house and then maybe ttc again xx

my flat mate held a surprise bday party for me and my oh was one of her friends who came

He worked at my town's grocery store. :haha: His aunt also owned a restaurant in my town and I had seen him a few months previously when he was working in the restaurant and kept staring at him because I thought he was so hot. :shy: But than he got a job at the grocery store in town and all my friends just loved him. Several gave him their numbers and everything. But he only had eyes for me. :cloud9: I was so shy I wouldn't even talk to him. I was just one of the girls in the background IYKWIM. It took months before I even got up the courage to say hi but he'd constantly try to get me to talk and I'd just smile and look away real fast. Ahh to be 15 again..:haha: We started dating and have been with eachother ever since! A little over 9 years now!! It's amazing how fast time flies. :D

My friends put me on a dating website as a joke without me knowing, Peter added me and asked to chat. Decided what the heck and replied to him :haha: to friend lol That was in march 2009, we continued to chat, we was both bored April 24th so I made me promise to meet me the next day for a date lol which he did. It was both of our first ever date, had a fantastic day, had our first kiss. Next day we were talking online, me being upset as my dog had gone missing while on a walk was hoping she will find her way home. He asked me to be his girlfriend to cheer me up lol, I said yes and dog actually appeared in my garden a few hours later lol. The next day he came round and met my family lol. Been together since april 26th lol and not long had our baby boy :cloud9:

Met at uni in May 2009. After talking now we realised we both noticed each other on the same night even though we'd been going to the same clubs and bars all year! He took me on an amazing first date, we went to a rave after and then locked ourselves in a room together for like a week. We have actually pretty much lived together since our first date and then in December 2009 I found out I was 2 months pregnant! HUGE shock but I never doubted that he was the person I wanted to have a baby with. Awwwwwwww now i feel bad for arguing with him before he went out tonight, must go send him a romantic text :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->