How did you meet your OH?

im not exactly sure of the year lol, its was either 1993 or 1994 at a dance club but it was the june weekend. been together since, had a few blow outs at the start, had my son in 1998, got married in 2006.

on faceparty if any1 rembers it in 2007

I used to be on that too.

We worked together, in fact he was the boss. He fancied me the moment he saw me, I on the other hand hated him for over two years. Then I got to know him when we had to go on a first aid course together, about 10 months after that we got together.

on faceparty if any1 rembers it in 2007

I used to be on that too.

We worked together, in fact he was the boss. He fancied me the moment he saw me, I on the other hand hated him for over two years. Then I got to know him when we had to go on a first aid course together, about 10 months after that we got together.

haha i got in after a longgg night on the town it was about 8am an sat on chattin to him ha

I used to spend far too much time on that place lol, and drink was normally involved.

i met my DH on adultfriendfinder and wasnt really looking for a relationship at the time at least not with him because i had my eye on someone else that didnt want a relationship. But DH and kept seeing each other every once in a while and he came to me one day and told me he liked me and then we started dating. 2 months later i found out i was pregnant and a week later he proposed to me in his dorm room lol. and we were married august 31 2008.

We met in college in 2002 :D I was getting his mate's number at the time lol! x

I am 39 in April!! I sat next to my husband on my first day at infants school!we went to the same infants and juniors and then we went to different secondary schools and were no longer in contact. I got married at 22....had our baby at 24, then he left me within the year our baby was born for another women! ......anyway I was single and had dated a few men but they seemed to want just one thing, so I went away for a weekend to stay with a friend and finally agreed with myself to stay single for a while and spend quality time just me and my little un.....I hardly had a chance to go out anyway as I had trouble getting babysitters. Then one day I was walking past a shop and my little un who was 3 at the time dropped his iced bun on the floor as we were going past, I bent down to pick it up and as I stood up my eyes met with my now husband....I said 'I know you from infants school'....he didnt remember at first but he can now!!! anyway we started talking and he had just left his girlfriend the week before and he asked me out for a drink!!!....it turns out that he had moved away from our hometown of Essex at 17 to live in Cornwall where his family are, anyway I discovered that when I was on honeymoon in Cornwall, I was staying about 2 miles away from where he lived!!!!!! so I believe it was fate....we got engaged about 2 months after meeting and he moved in with me a further 3 months down the line, got married 2 years later and I found out I was pregnant on our 1st wedding anniversary....we are now expecting our 2nd together (we have 3 children) and we moved back to Cornwall and now live in Devon....I always feel my husband moved back to Essex for me! I have photographs of us together aged 5 and in our angels costumes in the school nativity play of 1977!

awww! these are lovely to read! and some are funny :haha:
:)
I met my OH at McDonalds, we were both working there while going to college.
I hated that job but I'm very thankful for it! :D

Office romance! We used to sneak out at lunch times for a bit of :sex: and then carry on as normal that afternoon. He was a very senior manager at the time but it was pretty obvious to everyone that something was going on! We went through a phase of sneaking off to a local woodland, and I would sit at my desk that afternoon and pick twigs out of my hair!!! Naughty but good times!

Now we are more the 'cup of tea and crossword in bed, before sleep' couple!!!!

I was living with the mother of his son and he turned up for his usual access visit :blush: Not very conventional but I moved in with him 3 months after seeing him for the first time, as friends, then a couple of months later we got together. MOB knew and encouraged it as she was no saint and wanted OH off her back about her bad behaviour to do with her parenting and other things, thought it would get him off wanting access to his son as well, lol what a joke, and here we are 4 years later.
Once MOB realized her plan backfired and worked a little too well she screamed about it, and accused me of stealing him, but too little too late love, you cheated on him how many times... well that's a whole nother story lol. OH & I are very happy though and I could never treat him how she did :nope: She doesn't even know we have a child and it would be hell if she did so we're keeping that under our hats :wacko:

I love these stories, I'm a sucker for true love lol.

My mum cooked at a village pub many years ago and I covered for her when she went on holiday over Christmas.
I remember seeing OH when I was having a drink after finishing the pensioners lunches but he was with a woman :cry:
Got chatted up by another guy who sent me flowers and chocolates but nothing ever came of it and when mum came back and I told her about it she thought I was talking about my OH (turns out it was his brother!)
I was going to the Mayors Ball that year and needed a date and mum said she would find one for me. Guess who she chose?! Turns out the other woman with OH was his sister lol.
So glad nothing happened with his brother though - that would have been a bit awkward lol.

Saw him walking down the street and said to my friend that he was fit, and my friend just happened to have his number, I sent the good old "I know you but you dont know me" text, we had out first date a week later, he moved in with me 2 months later, and now 4 years later we are married with a beautiful daughter. :thumbup:

My DH and my brother were friends initially, so DH kind of broke the man code with me :hehe:

They had met at a college and careers thing they both went to just once, and they became fast friends. My DH was new to the area and didn't have many friends besides my brother, so they hung out all the time. As I didn't live at home, I hadn't met him before, except once in a video store when I had to drop something off for my brother who was working there. I didn't really give DH a second glance at the time though cause I just assumed he was my brother's age (who is 4 years younger than me), but it turns out DH just looks young for a 6'4" giant lol.

Officially met DH 5 years ago this week when my brother and father were moving to Australia and he and I were at my parent's house saying goodbye. We hung out a couple of times and were officially dating a week later. Knew from day one that we were meant to be together, and in two weeks were discussing being married by the end of the year. However, we went to Australia 4 months later as I had to be in the country to get my permanent residency and he came along cause he didn't know how he'd manage with a long distance relationship. The trip was supposed to be for 2 months, but we stayed for a year. He lived in my parents garage, which was a nice way to be together a lot without living together, as we both wanted (and did) abstain til we were married.

We got engaged after dating just under two years, on Christmas day (he put my ring in a Christmas cracker, as his mom makes them herself rather than buying them) at his family's house, and were married 6 months after that. Thats our story in a nutshell. Been trying to have a baby since we got married.

Uhhhmmm.... Haha. Please don't anyone think badly of me butttt...

My 2nd yr of college I switched schools and moved to a new town, a friend of mine was also going to that school so we rented a house together but it was a 3 bdrm so we needed someone else as well. A girl neither of us knew messaged me and asked if it was still available, which it was, so she ended up moving in with us. Her best friend was also going to school with all of us so she hung out at our place a lot... with her bf of 5+ yrs. My friend said she knew there was something between me & the guy the first time we saw each other in September, but he was kinda off limits since he was roomies best friends man. Haha. Confusing, right?

Anyway, I started to like him, a lot, the more time we spent hanging out as a group. I never said anything to anyone except my best friends back home. I didn't think anything could ever come of it since his woman was always talking about how happy they were. I ended up having, erm, relations, with 2 of his friends over the months :blush:, then they went down to their hometown for Christmas. Over that time we would talk over msn, and he even called just to talk. When they came back we all hung out since we had all become really good friends and missed eachother. Over new Years there was a pretty bad storm and they got stuck at our house for a few nights, then we went on a roadtrip to his hometown for the night. It was fun.

When we got back home I was talking to him and his gf on msn, and he told me that she asked him if he liked me. I didn't know what to say since she had just asked me if I liked him. I asked him what he told her and he said that he told her the truth -- He liked me, a lot. I eventually admitted to him that I really liked him as well, and I told her too, but only because she kept asking. Later he came and picked me up so that we could talk face to face. She kept pushing him to pick, 4 days later he asked me if I'd be with him. We've been together ever since. It was 2 yrs on Jan 9th.

Even though it was hard since we were all friends and we got a lot of people angry (his mother wouldn't accept me and I wasn't allowed to his parents place for 3 months until he took me for a surprise visit), she treated him really badly, and was very controlling. I swear he almost put the car in the ditch one night when I told him that he didn't have to ask permission to hang out with the boys and that he could go alone. Haha. She now is with someone that she loves and we're all happy. So I say Cheers to Soulmates, and the struggles that make it all worth it in the end.

Sorry for such a long post, but that's my story of how I got together with my DF <3

I met my OH when i was 15 (i'm now 26) and he was 19 (he is now 30), he was working in the Trafford Centre in Manchester.

I actually went to see a guy i really liked but he had football practice and wouldn't miss it for that one day so me and my best friend (who is a guy lol) went to the Trafford Centre so we wasn't bored and Mark (my OH) was working, my best friend actually talked to him loads, i didn't even speak to Mark then and when we left i was talking my best friend i thought Mark was really cute and wouldn't mind his phone number... but i was too scared to go get it. So my best friend went and get it for me :) It was funny coz Mark thought i was my best friends girlfriend.

I didn't have any credit on my phone though, well not enough to ring to talk or text so i rang and hung up! lol Mark rang me back and we started talking, the weekend after Mark came to Halifax (about an 1hr away from Manchester by train) to see me and after that he came every weekend (he did think i was older til my big brother did the whole big brother routine saying don't hurt my sis etc) then after about a month he asked me out and we have been together ever since :D

Online in Bearshare (dont laugh!) :blush:

He messaged me saying i was gorgeous, we talked on MSN for about 2mths then met up . . we've been togeteher ever since :cloud9:

I met mine online too, he was my final attempt at online dating as i had met so many losers. He's a lovely guy and im so glad i gave it another chance! Nice thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->