How did you meet your OH?

We met when we worked in Wm Lows Supermarket while we were at uni. I worked on the checkouts and he unloaded the delivery lorries. Love over the freezers..... I was only 20!! We have been together 15 years this summer!!!!

We met online, on couchsurfing!
We live in the same city and are thus in the same group for that city and he had just moved there and was looking for people to hang out with.
So we met for a coffee :)

i met my OH the first time i ever went to a pub!! lol
i was 18, it was my mums 40th b'day, he happened to be there with his best mate.
he walked past a few times, sang a few lines from some songs to me, let me win at about 10 games of pool......lol a few weeks later we were practically living together and have only spent a few months apart since that day '9had a bit of a break due to probs with his ex :growlmad: )
just over 3 yrs later we are stronger then ever!
he is my best friend, my soulmate, my everything and i am happy to say im his pre-wife!!
(one of his many nicknames for me, we're not even engaged!!-i think he's too lazy!)

I was working behind the bar in a pub and had been single for 18 months, I wasnt interested in meeting anyone else due to a really bad brak up with my ex.

Some freinds of mine got talking to me about this girl who liked me etc, I agreed to meet her. It turned out she had been told the same thing. So we were set up on a blind date.
She came to the pub as I was working, we met, neither of us knew what to say as we were both very shy but we somehow managed to get a date, we went to the cinema and on to maconalds.
We fell in love and got engaged 6 months later and finally married in August 2000, weve been together 16 years now and have just had our first baby.

ive known my OH since i was about 11 we used to live down the same street and we used to play out together at the park somtimes:blush:

we didnt speak to eachother alot and then when we turned 15 i got chatting to him again became basicly best friends and we started officially going out when we turned 16.:cloud9:

we've now been together nearly 5 years, were partners,soulmates and bestfriends:happydance::cloud9: x

Me and my OH met while we were homeless in lincoln! We both was using a night shelters services at the same time and just clicked.
Now 2 years on, we have a beautiful baby boy, both have full time jobs, a nice two bed house and earn a decent wage between us.
Sounds romantic, but it was a lot of hard work and a long struggle to get us both back on our feet again!

We met online too! Via Facebook :dohh: lol.

My son's sperm father's sister is married to a guy that John (my OH) knows from years ago. So she was a mutual friend on FB. I commented on one of her status updates and John got in touch with me as it mentioned the area we're both in. We chatted online and on the phone loads before deciding to meet. The rest is history :rofl:

Aww they are all so romantic <3 mines is a lot less romantic lol

Basically met OH in first year of secondary school when we were 11 and we hated each other (apparently I was too loud doh!) A few years later one of my best friends really liked him but he wasn't interested she cried a lot over him and I didn't see what the fuss was about lol. Fast forward to december 2006 we were both 16 and were out drinking with a bunch of mutual friends I got drunk just kissed him I don't know why but I did and the rest is history we have our gorgeous 3 year old our own house he works full time and I'm a full time student! And hoping for bubs no2 in a few years time x

Oh and in 3rd year of school when we started getting on OH sat infront of me in maths and we constantly talked and our maths teacher kept saying 'steven stop turning round she's not interested' haha he was wrong x

I met my OH when I was out clubbing with my friends and we hit it off from there.Went on a few dates and now we have been together 5 years.xxx

Me and OH met at college through a friend just after he turned 17. His ex girlfriend was giving him a hard time and he was really upset so I took it upon myself to cheer him up. I have been in love ever since !

We met online! On Plenty of Fish, actually. We chatted online for about 3 weeks, then on the phone for a couple of weeks. It took a little over a month before we met in person because my husband is a sissy and was scared. :haha:
We've now been together for almost 5 years, married for almost a year and a half. :cloud9:

My friend and his cousin are together and they set us both up. We met when my son was 4 and half months old at the park and got on from there :)

i was the live in groom at a livery yard and we had to change farriers as my boss p***ed our old one off, hubbie was the new farriers apprentiss, he asked me for my number as him and his boss had a bet going that he couldnt get it!, went on a few dates and 4 years later and here we are :D

awww i love reading these posts! <3

i met my other half 2 and a bit years ago, he was my really good friends/also next door neighbours brother!!
id been split with my ex for about 7/8mths and neighbour/friend told me i should go on a date with her brother - i told her 'no way' my ex was a loser (long dom violence story) and even though we'd split he was still harrassing me! i was also a single mum to 3 girls and had them to think about, but she said she thought we were a good match....
a few days later she told me on the school run that over the w/e her brother had come round and happened to see me in the garden playing with the girls - he asked his big sis to set him up on a date with me... we decided it would be good for me to ''experiance a friendly date'' and a few nights later i went to the pub with him and we hit if off !
my ex also left me alone from this point and so he also ''saved'' me :)
we have had a little boy now (he also gave me my boy after having 3 girls!!) and i knew he was the one the minute i met him and to top it off hes fantastic with my other girls and thinks of them as his own.
i dont live next door to my ''mate/neighbour/practically sis-in law'' anymore but we see each other often and laugh about how she never thought id make her an auntie!!

We met 6 1/2 years ago working together in a pub ... he worked in the kitchen and I worked as a waitress ... we've been married for just over 4 months and have 2 gorgeous kiddies :cloud9: x

i met my OH online too haha bebo if i can remember lol he sent me a message (fit) haha and dont normally msg back but fort hmm hes a looker winkwink and after talkin on msn a while i traveled 100 miles to visit him n not long after that moved in together we have been together 3 yrs now n have 2 gawjus lil boys :)

I first met my other half about ten years ago when I went to church with a friend of mine. Then one day after school I asked him if he could give me a ride home at the time I was in 9th grade and he was in 10th. So on the way we stopped at McDonalds and had something to eat before he dropped me off. We started dating a little while after that. We dated that year then when I was going into my 10th grade year and he was going into his 11th grade year we broke up.

After I ended up graduating we got back in touch and started dating again he proposed shortly after that and we started planning our wedding. While all that was going on I started asking myself if I was really ready for a commitment as big as that right out of high school settling down and starting a family. I ended up realizing I wasn't ready to grow up just yet and make a choice like that so I gave back the ring and broke things off and we went our seperate ways again. He ended up finding someone new and shortly after proposed to her which I must say absolutely broke my heart even though I was also dating someone else at the time. So one day I got up the nerve to send him a message via myspace telling him that I was happy for both of them (that was a big lie) and how I wished him the best and I went on to tell him that I still loved him and would always love him and I asked him to think of me from time to time and that I would do the same. He responded telling me pretty much the same stuff.

A few months after that and a couple of days before they were to walk down the aisle he called the wedding off and broke up with the girl he was to marry. We stayed in touch for the longest and shortley after my relationship ended with the guy I had dated for about two years. My OH and I started talking again and the rest is history. We aren't engaged again as of yet but I know it's going to happen this year. We are going to start trying for our first child here in a month or two and I couldn't be any happier then I am now. We have had a long history together and have been through a lot but I wouldn't want it any other way. He is my best friend, my soul mate, my first love, my first for everthying!! And I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him.

*I'm sorry that my story was so long ladies and gents hope everyone was able to get to the end without falling asleep!!

Everyone else's stories are lovely and so romantic thank you for sharing everyone.

The first time we met he was applying for a temporary job at the company I worked for so he had something to do until his date for joining the Navy came through.

I put his application in the bin.

The second time we met was at a friends house, I was leaving as he arrived, didn't recognise him and didn't give him a second glance.

The third time (was the charm) I was at a party at the same friends house with someone else as my date. DH walked in halfway through looking for a sofa to sleep on because he had come to visit his parents for the weekend and found the house locked and empty because they had gone on holiday.

We got talking, he came up with a rubbish excuse for needing my phone number and the rest is history.

Seven months after we started dating we were married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->