How did you meet your OH???

I met my husband at work. We were working at a radio station, he was reading the news and I was the Head of Music. I was fairly new to the station and trying to lay down the law with naughty presenters who insisted on swapping the playlist about. One day, The drive-time jock did exactly this and played the wrong track so I marched into the studio and gave him a bit of a talking to. My OH to be was about to read the 4 o'clock bulletin and when I'd finished my rant and walked out he turned to the presenter and said, 'wow who's the new girl? She's feisty!' A few weeks later he asked me out for a few drinks and the rest is history! X

Aw, such great stories! So romantic! Making me well up (which doesn't take much at the moment) :blush:

Met mine at work. I'd liked him for ages but didn't realise he'd started to feel the same about me. He invited me for lunch on more than one occasion but I was SO nervous I ended up making a feeble excuse and not going. Well thankfully he persevered and we ended up going for a lovely day out and it all went from there. That was six years ago. We got married last summer and our almost honeymoon baby is due in a month. Can't wait!!

We met at school! He was in the year above me, I went to girls school and he went to the boys school next door. I didn't think much of him at first, he was a bit skinny and dressed badly! But when he went to uni I missed him and decided that was that! We got together at my friends eighteenth, he'd been plucking up the courage to ask all weekend but didn't manage it. In the cars on the way home (he was infront with his friends and me behind with other friends) he posted a note on the window saying 'will you go out with me' I posted one sayig yes! The next day we went on a date to see finding nemo lol. Now nearly eight yrs later were married baby coming in august!! Never looked bak x

Aw I love this thread!!!!!

My DH used to be my boss :blush: :haha:

We met when I was 18 and he was 23. I'd gotten a weekend job in a new branch of a well known retail company to help pay my way through medical school and he'd just been promoted to supervisor and moved to the new store.

We were both with other (exceedingly non-worthy) people at the time and didn't really talk much to each other apart from when he used to have to shout at me when customers complained about me ( I used to be a bit stroppy back then). I used to think he was a bit of a nerd, especially when on the first day in training for the job his mobile went off and it was The Imperial March from Star Wars, lol.

So eventually over the next 2 years, we broke up with our partners and mixed together in our work social group but I never ever thought of him in *that* way until hegot attacked on a night out and lost a ton of weight and looked all vulnerable when he came back to work. And for some freakin' bizarre reason that's how I started to fancy him!!!! :wacko: :haha:

Over the next year we started to become really good friends, we'd often have conversations on MSN for hours and things got more and more flirty over the next year.

Because my ex had been a gimp to me, I was terrified of getting hurt and I think subconciously I knew we were heading towards The Real Thing I got a bit scared, so things didn't happen for a long time until one day in the staff room in work DH decided to go for it (I had led him a terrible dance really, so glad he didn't give up) and gave me a little smooch!:cloud9:

I initially said I didn't want a serious relationship and just wanted a bit of fun...that lasted a week (lol) before I stopped being a pansy and admitted how crazy I was about him and he said he felt the same and we decided to give it a proper go instead of casual shagging.

I knew 3 weeks in (at the tender age of 21) he was my soulmate and I would marry him. I'd spent the past year trying to fight it because I was terrified of getting hurt again but we both said over that year we fell in love over MSN (and looooooots of flirting in work).

Needless to say noone in work was surprised when they found put we were together though we managed to keep it a secret for a year, lol!

We got together 7 years ago (our anniversary is just after our LO is due). We got engaged in dec 2006, moved in together march 2007 and got married dec 2008 (we had a Christmas themed wedding).

We've been through so much together, my going through medical school and the tough times working as a junior doctor (lots of nights and weekends seperating us). His mother's cancer (cured) and his nan dying, my nan dying, debt, car accidents and now my mother's cancer (she's dying).

He's been my rock throughout the past 7 years, he's my soulmate, my best friend. We both said today we can't remember life before we got together. He's going to be an amazing daddy and I know every day I'm lucky girl that he decided to take that chance and snog one of his minions in the staff room :haha:

MrsPop, what a wonderful story!! So happy for you both:)

7 years ago I got a text which was meant for someone named Danny,after alot of "I'm not danny" "yes u are", my fone rang so I could prove this was the wrong number,I instantly loved his voice as I'd always had a thing for the scouse accent and apparently he instantly loved my voice because from that day we spoke for 7 hours every night and text about 50 times a day for the next 10 months,learning everything about each other and declared love before meeting one another,he then travelled the 240 miles from merseyside to Brighton for the weekend,the following weekend he moved in with me.the rest is history  xx

WOW i_want_one....your brave lol, thats so cute though :winkwink: :hugs:

great to read your storys everyone..the nosey bugger i am !

i was liveing with my mom at the time after commeing out of my first seriouse relationship the wk before and my brothers girlfriend came to the flat in tears as he'd finished with her the night before and she and mum got on well, i was on the sofa rough with food poisoning from a disasterouse date the night before and somewhere in the convo i agreed to go out on a night with her and her friends sometime. a few wks later she phones me to say she had met an old school pal called alan and was i interested in a double date as he had a single friend who she thought i might like,
so the following weekend we go to this guys house to pick him up and as he opens the door this scruffy looking dog comes bargeing out of the door followed by this guy, pritty damn good looking but looked like a rocker with scruffy jeans,long hair and totally not the kinda guy i would go for..anyways we hit it off, had a great night and a bit of a snog at the end of the night then unbeknown to me as we were a good few miles from our town we were to stay at his house...so i ended up staying in the same bed as him...nothing happened but by god did he try his damdest lol( he still says he knew from the moment he saw me that we would get together, and that i shoulda put out, but i was a good girl back then and no way was i sleeping with a guy on the first date regardless!) , in the light of day i woke up pulled back the covers and couldn't get outta the bed fast enough as it was bloody filthy... i left that day vowing i wouldn't be seeing this bloke ever again urghhh!

He phoned me the day after, the day after , the day after bless him...god loves a tryer lol! then this nikki and alan had become an item and were encourageing me to give him another go as they were all going camping and he was going too so for the first time in my life i went camping... it was an hilariouse weekend with me packing my latest fashion and heels lol i tottered round that campsite in my platforms, tights and mini skirt and perfectly straightened hair (oh how i laugh at that little scene nowadays compareing how we camp nowadays lol), anyways this chris and i ended up in the same tent one night and erm started to get down to it, after a bit of seriouse snogging and gropeing i thought 'what the hell' and just as we were about to 'go for it' the tent was zipped open and in launched a shaveing foam pie... i was mortified as it went all in my hair that i spent the rest of the night in with the girlies in there tent and went home the nxt day.... long story short it was a good few wks before we eventually got together (well untill he wore me down lol).
this nikki and alan had a whirlwind romance and we all went up to gretna green just two mths after they met to watch them get married, it was lovely though it was to be 9 yrs later when chris and i would marry...and here we are married and expecting our first child 13 yrs later and nikki and alan are amongst our closest of friends , they are the ones who've given us there nursery furniture that there two children have outgrown and its nikki i av to thank for my being pregnant as it was her who gave me the book i followed on tracking my cycles and got pregnant 3 cycles later...its a funny old world!!

gosh this is really long....erm sorry lol!

Love these stories!!

I met my OH while travelling.... i set off on a round the world trip last June, flights all booked to go to South America, New Zealand, Oz, SE Asia and India. I´d had enough of England and working in London and had been travelling before and thought there is more to life out there!

Got to Peru in August and met my OH on the first night in Peru, had the most amazing connection.....went off to do the Inca Trail and thought about him the whole way through. Saw him again when back from the Inca Trail and he asked me to stay with him a bit longer before moving onto the next town which I was due to do the next day...... ummed and aaahed and thought it was crazy and I couldnt possibly stay with this stranger so decided to get the bus with my friend I was travelling with, phoned him to tell him I wasnt staying and he turned up at the bus station to stop me from leaving! said I would stay for a couple of days, turned into weeks,had the most amazing time ive ever had, showed me a whole new world! postponed flight 3 times and then decide what the heck you dont find your soulmate twice im staying for good! decided in October we wanted more than anything to be together forever and have a family one day....was pregnant within a month!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::happydance::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I worked as a taxi driver for 4 years. In my first year I did a pick up....and it was him. We just talked and had a laugh in the car, and I dropped him off at his parents house.

A couple months later, I was on a night out, was rather drunk and spotted a seat next to some lad, so i parked my bum there. Got talking, nothing happened but gave him my number anyway. Didn't think anything of it.

2 weeks later on another night out, I was stood at the bar waiting to be served. Someone said 'Les is this your number?' - shoving the phone infront of my face. It was him. We hung around during that evening - he was terribly drunk and i was have cut.

Anyway, at the end of the night he was going to walk back to his parents but I ordered him into the taxi :haha: He's never been away since. We'll have been together 3 years this boxing day. We got married in February of this year and our baby is due at the end of July.

He's been a pain in the arse, but I love him all the same :cloud9: :happydance:

I dont really think mines too exciting at all. We met through work, literally saw him 2 times in 9 months as we were on different shifts.
I went through a breakup of a 6 year relationship in Aug 09 and went out with folk from work and bumped into him in town .. again we didnt speak the next day he added me to facebook and that was our first ever chat. I had absolutely no interest, (though id always thought he was cute) but he was persistant I remember the first time he tried to kiss me and I really told him off so we would go out as friends and watch football?! then he started leaving me notes under my keyboard at work and the rest is history. :)

I met my hubby online on a game! We met through mutual online friends on there and starting talking to each other. It really clicked and we had a great time. Also, his voice made me feel all gooey and in love! It was really nice finding someone I could be so open to and he seemed real genuine! This was July 2008. He promised me after a couple of days he would fly over in October to meet me as he lived in the UK and I lived in the Netherlands. I was so excited about this and was literally wishing the days away.

Then at the end of the week we first met he said: I am NEVER going to survive until October, can I come over next weekend? I obviously nearly screamed 'Yes!' :happydance:. He came over to meet me on the 25th of July and honestly I've never been so nervous and excited in my life, it was as if it was 10 Christmasses at once!

When he walked out of the Terminal he spotted me and we kinda flew into each others arms and he kissed me. It was like we were a couple seperated for a long time, it felt so comfortable and normal, even though we had never met.

He stayed for just under a week and at the end he asked if I wanted to come home with him for another 2 weeks as he really didn't want to leave me. I went with him, met his family, had a lovely time and never felt so damn happy in my life.

At the end of October 2008 after the most horrible time of being apart for so long, I packed my stuff and moved over to the UK to live with him and his mum+Stepdad while we were waiting for the keys of the house he had bought so I could come and live with him. We got engaged in July 2009, married in August 2010 and now having our baby girl in a few weeks time.

It all sounds so perfect, and honestly it is :). He's a brilliant loving man and he'll be such an amazing daddy. I feel blessed at how my fairytale love has gone!

I'm nearly crying now just because he makes me so happy :D.

I loved all your stories and they made me sob a bit! I'm a sucker for romance !

University :) I went back to university at the grand old age of 24 and needed to find somewhere to live. He was studying for his PhD at the time and was looking for two flatmates. And the rest is history, so they say. We have been together ever since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"