How did you meet??

Liz2

Reaction score
I love the threads that keep our minds off of AF, Ovulating, CM, and all the other crazy stuff that comes along with TTC. So...I am going to start yet another.....How did you and your partner meet??

I actually went to school with DH and didn't even know it. Him and my ex husband used to play basketball together, shows how much I payed attention at the games!! lol. Years after high school and a little after my ex and I were married we ran into my DH and his ex wife at a football game. Turns out my ex husband used to date his ex wife. Small world! lol. They invited us over for her b-day party. We hung out all night and talked since our ex's were dancing together and I thought he was cool but I was married and so was he so there wasn't any feelings. Our ex's didn't like that we hit it off so well and forbid us to ever hang out again!!! Fast forward a couple years, I was divorced and moving away...he showed up at my going away party with another friend of mine and I found out he was getting divorced too. We talked all night and he called me the next day....and asked for my sisters number!! WTF?? I didn't hear from him until about 5 months later he called again, turns out he wanted to ask me out when he called before but choked last minute and asked for her number since she had been with us that night. He never called her, I still make fun of him about it to this day!!! lol.

Me and Dee met in the queue to see Pink three years ago, but I was with my girlfriend at the time and she was with her friends and I thought she was cheeky cus it was pouring with rain and all her friends were huddled under my umbrella outta the rain but she wanted to stand and get soaked and ignore us! Then we met on a night out about 6 months later and both thought to ourselves 'Thats that cheeky girl from Pink' but we got talking, had loads in common, and the rest is history! Well, I still had a gf at the time, and everyone said we'd get together, but we ignored them, and awhile later when I was single, we did! Her mum was trying to set us up while I was still with my ex too, which she didnt know until about a year ago,lol.

My and my DH took a computer science class together in university almost 9 years ago. I thought he was cute and needed help on an assignment. Bribed him with some Timmy's and we spent the night working on my assignment. I feel for him that night and we were dating less than 2 weeks later. (I sucked at computer science and switched majors :) )

that's a really cool story Liz2! makes me believe about "destiny" even more! Looks like you and DH are meant to be together from the very start.

Me and the love of my life met via internet. Although I always refuse to tell this is how we met when asked by our friends and family. I signed up into a dating site with no intentions to meet anyone but play the cool game they have which I am very addicted to, called CONNECTIONS. Under the game screen is a pop up chat where paid members get to talk to anyone online (I wasn't a paid member, was only using it for free LOL!). So this guy kept popping on my screen, asking how are you etc etc. I never replied until one day, I was bored out of my wits and decided to finally respond. Turned out, he lives just 5 minutes away from my place.

He asked if we can meet and I was very reluctant at first. I just moved here and barely know anybody except people from work. I said I'd meet with him but it has to be at 7-11 close to my place. LOL! Odd place huh? I wanted to meet him where there will be lots of people in case he turned out to be some weirdo. We grabbed some coffee and decided to walk around the neighbourhood, we passed by my place a couple of times but I never told him where I live. I made him dropped me off a couple of blocks away from the house for the first few times I was seeing him.

Then feelings developed and after gaining my trust, I gave him my address to finally go out with him on a formal date. A date so memorable to me. There was HAILSTORM that night. I was nervous that he wasn't going to show up because of the bad weather. It was raining blocks of ice as big as golf balls. At 7pm, the bell rang. There he was standing outside our door, completely soaked in water with the biggest smile on his face, asking if I am ready. :)

From that moment, I knew, I met the man of my dreams. One who will always be there for me in any type of weather.

I met my OH at our local pub where i worked, we were friends for a year or so and we both starting liking each other more than friends, and we fell in love! :)

my hubby advertised for a drummer for his band on myspace and I replied. I went along, got to know all the guys and then just kind of gradually fell in love with him. I remember one night sleeping on his sofa and writing out a text message telling him how much I liked him but not sending it because I didnt want to ruin his band. But one night he was drunk and I guessed so over MSN I told him I was shopping for undrewear,. sent him a link to the sexiest I could find and he said "so when are you coming over then?" went round the next day and the rest is history!

x

I met my hubby through a triathlon forum. I was complaining about having a sore bum after riding for 4 hours on a club ride, so he pm'd me and it went from there. We have been together almost 4years and married for 2 :happydance:

that's a really cool story Liz2! makes me believe about "destiny" even more! Looks like you and DH are meant to be together from the very start.

Me and the love of my life met via internet. Although I always refuse to tell this is how we met when asked by our friends and family. I signed up into a dating site with no intentions to meet anyone but play the cool game they have which I am very addicted to, called CONNECTIONS. Under the game screen is a pop up chat where paid members get to talk to anyone online (I wasn't a paid member, was only using it for free LOL!). So this guy kept popping on my screen, asking how are you etc etc. I never replied until one day, I was bored out of my wits and decided to finally respond. Turned out, he lives just 5 minutes away from my place.

He asked if we can meet and I was very reluctant at first. I just moved here and barely know anybody except people from work. I said I'd meet with him but it has to be at 7-11 close to my place. LOL! Odd place huh? I wanted to meet him where there will be lots of people in case he turned out to be some weirdo. We grabbed some coffee and decided to walk around the neighbourhood, we passed by my place a couple of times but I never told him where I live. I made him dropped me off a couple of blocks away from the house for the first few times I was seeing him.

Then feelings developed and after gaining my trust, I gave him my address to finally go out with him on a formal date. A date so memorable to me. There was HAILSTORM that night. I was nervous that he wasn't going to show up because of the bad weather. It was raining blocks of ice as big as golf balls. At 7pm, the bell rang. There he was standing outside our door, completely soaked in water with the biggest smile on his face, asking if I am ready. :)

From that moment, I knew, I met the man of my dreams. One who will always be there for me in any type of weather.

LOVE IT!!!:thumbup:

I met my boyfriend through mutual friends. I fell out with one of my best friends over him because before we went to see him we agreed that if we both liked him after spending the day together, we'd both stay away because it wouldn't be fair on either of us (seems so immature now, seeing as she had a boyfriend already anyway lol!)...so what did she do? Sprawled herself all over him like a leech!

I was pretty annoyed but I let it go because I thought, oh well I'm only 16, plenty more fish in the sea and I value friendship more than a boy etc.

The next day, my OH rang and said he really likes me and wants to see me! He said he fancied me and not my friend and he thought I didn't like him because I was quiet the night before (of course I was, I was jealous and annoyed that my best friend was flirting with him lol). Anyway, he asked to meet me again alone so we did and we got on really well and then he asked me out that night and I said yes. I told my "friend" and we haven't spoken a word since (because she said I broke our promise! Cheeky cow...). My OH hasn't spoken to her either.

3 and a bit years on and we're so in love, its like the first year of our relationship was young puppy love but now there's no stopping us :happydance::cloud9:

Linz- Great with the sexy underwear!!! lol

Pimms - You talked about your sore bum and he was interested!! lol. Too cute!!!!

Not a romantic story like many of yours, but I'll share it anyway.

My undergrad nursing job was at a psychiatric hospital on a locked unit with patients that were often violent. One patient was fighting and my DH had to hold him down while I tried to remove his prosthetic leg which he used as a weapon. I had no clue how to remove the leg, so I had to fumble around with his pants while Jeremy struggled to get him to hold still. :blush: Afterwards he asked me on a date. I thought he must be out of his mind because I was covered in sweat, wearing scrubs, no makeup... let's just say I was not at my most attractive.

Long story short, I switched jobs but kept the guy :winkwink:

Lori - That is so a romantic story!! lol. Not the taking the guys leg off part but the rest of it is!

Lori - That is so a romantic story!! lol. Not the taking the guys leg off part but the rest of it is!

Ha ha! Something about me having to reach into some other guy's pants kind of wrecks the romance, but we've more than made up for it since!

Through a place called Social Connections. They set up all sorts of fun stuff to do and you pay to join in. So everyone met a brewery and we took a bus to a Detroit Tigers baseball game and took the bus back to the brewery. From there, people either went home or kept the night going at the bar or on the town...a group of us chose to go get greasy hamburgers.

I really hit it off with someone else but that guy didn't call me until a couple of weeks later. In the meantime, my OH called me and we dated exclusively from then on.

We always go to a Tiger game every year around the day we met, he even proposed to me right before we went there last year.

Funny things is, I freakin' hate baseball.....wouldn't go to a game except it's part of our history now.

Good thread.

I went on a girls holiday to Spain for my 18th Birthday and met OH there on the first night. We had a holiday romance and it continued once we were back at home. His house was 5 minutes away from my house but we had never met until we were both in Spain with friends <3

there is some lovely threads on BNB today so heres my story

I met OH on holiday it was a holiday romance, I lived in Blackburn he lived in Birmingham..... before you get carried away dont think it was lots of hot sun, soft sand and romance it was Prestatyn and it rained !

I was away with my first hubbies mum and SIL. I had just the week before split with first hubby. Well the last night me and SIL decided to go and get extremely drunk and these two blokes chatted us up - wahey get your coat i had pulled. :haha:

Anyway few drinks and dances later we exhanged numbers and as he lived in Brum and me Blackburn didnt expect anything to happen, got back to Blackburn, ended my marriage properly and Noel rang me. We chatted for ages then he came up to stay and wouldnt stay at my house (he is a gent) he stayed in a local hotel. We met up went out for the evening and I stayed with him that night. From then we met up regularly he would come to me, me to him in Brum and then in the Feb we made a decision that I would move to Brum as the parting each week got harder and harder so I put the house up for rent, quit my job and moved !

10 years later we are still together, still in Brum bought our own house 5 years ago, got married 6 years ago and Laura our daughter is 8.

Ohhh i loved writing that story made me realise what a lucky gal I am !

Such a good story Lili. Well here's mine! Me and my oh met whilst at university. I had signed up for environmental science, and he signed up for geography. I had seen him around campus but actually always thought he was gay (I know funny!) so never really spoke to him. It was only when we both had to attend the same fieldtrip to cumbria that we had started talking. first night we all went to the pub as a group and to say I got drunk would be an understatement. He and my room mate had to practically carry me home. So for the rest of the trip we got talking, on the wednesday we both had to go on seperate trips and it was then i realised that I liked him.
On the thursday he was in our common room talking to some sixth formers (who shouldn't have been in there) I was having none of it told them to get out and sat up with him till 2am just chatting, but it wasn't until the friday when I made my move I was too scared of rejection on the thursday, and the rest is history! We have now been together for 5 and half years. All thanks to a trip to cumbria!!

DH and I met in Okinawa Japan. In the states he is from Texas and I am from Ohio we are like 900 miles away from each other. We both were in the Marines and stationed there. I did not want to go to Japan as I had never really been away from home and was dreading it. Once in Japan I had a BF at the time and he was buying me a car from one of his friends. George was with his friend while I was looking at the car. George smiled at me and winked. I have always loved his smile. I broke up with my boyfriend the next day. He told his buddy the after we left that I was gonna be his girlfriend. I had no ideal until later that he had said that.
We spent a year in Japan dating and then he got order to GA and I got order to CA even further away from each other. He asked me to marry him anyways and when we got back to the US we were married in a quicky ceremony. Spent the whole first year of our marriage separated and then finally got together. We have been together ever since. It will be 13 years of marriage in April. Naturally I made him move back to Ohio with me once we both got out of the Marines.

These stories are so nice, mine is very very boring. Went to my friends house went out to the local pub and my friend introduced me to my oh, she was dating his cousin, nothing happened that night apart from getting very drunk. Didn't see him for about 2 months, could not remember what he looked like cos i was sooooooooo drunk the first time i saw him, my mate had to point him out to me, we still did not get together properly till 2 years later in 2003, thats when i fell pregnant with my little boy, which was totally unplanned, but getting pregnant give us the push we needed to get serious. We eventually got married in April this year.

me and hubby met on the internet on a dating website... I was new to the area and knew no-one outside of work, thought I would give internet dating a bash. Hubby signed up for a laugh, being egged on by his mates at work... I moved in 6 months later, we got engaged after going to Miami for the weekend and married in a Scottish castle 2.5 years later :thumbup:

and I love him to bits!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->