How did you meet??

puppymom32 - I love your story! It sounds like something out of a movie! You two look very sweet together in your photo

puppymom32 - I love your story! It sounds like something out of a movie! You two look very sweet together in your photo

Thanks Lori,
Being apart was a hard go but it was so worth it. Sometimes I do feel like it was an old war movie or something. Now we just need to have a baby to work on the sequel.

I was at a night out and my friend got blind drunk. I left the party and was chatting to oh in the street. We then spotted my friend unconscious on the road and the police in attendance. She was about to get arrested and OH, who was a police man, told the police he would take her home and look after her.

He did this and was a complete hero. And that was that!

My DH and I met off the Internet! We both posted ads to meet someone and we both passed up each other's ads!! Then, for me, as a last resort I went for DH and found him to be the ONE!! We've been together 9-10 years and married 1 year!:flower:

Me and OH met in biology class at the age of 16 and then got together two years later after I got soaked by an idiot driver one day and he gave me his jacket. He still hasn't got it back lol

I was at a night out and my friend got blind drunk. I left the party and was chatting to oh in the street. We then spotted my friend unconscious on the road and the police in attendance. She was about to get arrested and OH, who was a police man, told the police he would take her home and look after her.

He did this and was a complete hero. And that was that!

Crypto,
I like men in uniform too. Lovely story you have your friend to thank.

My DP and I met through a mutual friend. DP was forming a band and friend was the guitarist. They were looking for a backing singer and my friend asked me if I was interested. Since I was already lead singing in another band I wasn't, so me and friend went round the local flats to use the payphone (No mobiles in those days eek). Anyway I told this guy I didn't want to be in his band and wished him luck with it. Fast Forward, he turned up at one of my gigs and I met him properly. He told me more about his band - they were doing their own stuff, it was all very exciting. I was doing cover songs so I thought, what the hell provided it doesn't get in the way of my gigs then there was no harm so I joined. About 3 weeks later my band had a meeting, tore shreds off each other and split up. Back then DP, Friend and I were all dotted around the town in bedsits then future DP's ex girlfriend who had a large flat asked him to live in it and get some flatmates as she was going to London to work. The 3 of us were due to move in when Friend got a job offer he couldn't refuse and also went to London. So me and DP moved in together. I had my own room for over a year but never slept in it!!! That was 26 years ago.

Some great stories! :)

I met my OH at work.....he was my team leader! ;) Once we started seeing each other properly things got a bit awkward at work, so I left to work for a different company (as had been planning to leave for a while anyway) and we've been together & very happy since then.

Me and my DH met at work, i was going out with his mate to start with, so we was always seeing each either at work or down the pub. It was then at a mates party that i realised i was with the wrong guy. Me and his mate soon split up then the path was cleared for me and hubby to get it on. So five years later, married for 4 years and 1 darling son later here we are ttc baby #2.

Mine's a little unusual...I started at my current work place in Oct 2005 (I'd just graduated from Uni) and my DH worked in the same building but for a different organisation. We both worked on first line support service desks and I used to tune in to his voice (it's very deep and manly sounding). I used to hear him 'comment' on certain calls he'd had and I'd be laughing from across the room. Then one day in Feb 06, he came up to me (nothing unusual, we used to have to share information from time to time), pulled up a chair, lent forwards and asked if he could take me for a drink sometime. I remember he was shaking like a leaf! Now I'd never had anyone ever ask me out up to this point and so said yes (I was feeling brave and I fancied him). We exchanged numbers, spoke the next day and arranged to go out for dinner 2 days later. I took the day off work and threw up for most of it as I was so nervous. We went to a really nice restaurant and just chatted and chatted and it just felt, well, easy and natural. It apparently took him 3 times to ask me out that day, had wanted to for 3 months but was scared I would say no! I should also note that it was his final day working there so if I'd said no, he needn't have ever seen me again :rofl: bless! Anyway, I went back to his for a cup of tea and managed to spill it all down my WHITE cashmere jumper and covered his navy sofa in white fluff. Again we chatted, had a bit of a kiss and arranged to have a second date 5 days later. However, we ended up meeting before this as we both needed to see each other. 4 years later, we've been married for 18months and are TTC #1 and I couldn't be happier, he really was/is the one :) And he never lets me forget that white jumper, hehe.

What a lovely thread!

Mine isn't so romantic but here it goes. It was a Friday night and we played a late softball game. My team and I all went to the local bar called the Zoo (for good reason) It was almost closing and I say this guy who had the most amazing blue eyes and a camo hat that I thought would match my uniform. LMAO Me and about 4 other girls walked up and struck up a conversation. I was trashed so he gave me a ride home and walked back and got my car. I had to work the next morning(oh I should say that it was his home I went to) He even went and picked up my DD at the babysitter. :dohh: DD and I slept in his spare room and I just got up the next morning and left early as I had to be at work and DD had to get to the babysitter. I spoke to a friend who's husband worked with him and she said that he wanted my phone #. I gave it to her and he called the next day. All in all it was about two wks in between. We dated for about 2 months and I thought he wasn't treating me very good so I broke up with him and dated another man. That lasted about three months and we broke up. He heard about it and shall we say the rest is history. We've now been married for a year and together for 4. He still has those pearcing blue eyes and makes me smile. I don't think we would have made if I hadn't broken up with him the first time. He treats me better now than then. He makes me happy almost everyday.

Thanks for letting me share.

depends who's asking lol...parents? at a party...they still wouldn't approve.
truth is we met through a chat room, I was complaining about a so-called relationship I was in, we became good friends very quickly, talking for hours on the phone. He asked me a question - does he make you happy? I didn't have to think about the answer and he questioned his own happiness at the same time.
2 weeks later we were both single and met up. He proposed a week later, and again a year later.
That was 8 years ago, been very happily married 3.

Me and my OH met when we were 8 in Year 4 at school. I really fancied him and used to play aliens with him in the playground, then i left in year 5 :(
We met again in year 9 when we were 14! We were best mates for a few months before we got together, i already had a boyfriend but i had fell in love with my OH. My boyfriend and OH were mates at the time and my OH persuaded him to finish me...So he could have me lol!
We've been together ever since, apart from a 2 week break we had when we were 16 because i was moving to Portsmouth from South Yorkshire, But he ended up coming with me :D
We have been through a lot! We slept rough for about a week so we could be together! OH's mum had kicked him out and we couldnt have him staying where we were living as it was sheltered accomodation so i slept rough with him!
Its been a rough ride, but its made our relationship so strong! :D I love him more than ever! xxx

Aww I love reading these stories!

DP and I met on tinternet. I had split up with my fiance a month before and was just looking for a friend. DP had split with his fiance 2 weeks before and needed a friend. We spoke online for a week - with loads of emails too. He lived a few miles away and I asked him over to watch a dvd, he was apprehensive and said no. I made plans with another friend and then DP messaged me to see if he could still come over!!! Too late!!

We arranged to meet at the cinema the next night. We saw Hostage and then he dropped me off at my house, he came in and we chatted for hours and hours, he left at 3am and had to be up at 6am for work!! Over the next week we went out everyday - as friends but I had completely fallen for him. I couldn't do anything though he was still upset about his break up. 2 weeks after we met he told me he loved me and he now knew what love was. We have been together ever since - 4n half yrs now, and only spent 3nights apart - when i gave birth to our daughter.

xxx

Awwwww. I love all of these stories!! Thanks for sharing!!!

i love this thread... so fun to read all the stories!

i met my dh when we were 13 in grade 8... we had a couple of classes together that year and the next and i always had the huuuugest crush on him!! i even scrawled me+him on my hand every day for a while.. sometime in grade 8 i realised he wasn't into me but always was friends with him and giggled in class and wrote each other notes and stuff... lol. i moved away after grade 9. i was back the next year (was 16) and my friend who i was visiting dared me to call him out of the phone book and ask him out! i did, and we ended up spending the day walking around downtown montreal together... it was so much fun and i remember thinking that i was totally in love with him but lived 5 hrs away!

in my 20s i often thought about him and wondered if he was 'the one'... sounds insane, but obviously i was right, eh? looked for him online all over and couldn't find him.

fast forward 14 years, i'm living up north in a tiny little town with about 4 traffic lights and i found him on facebook! i nearly spat out my coffee when i saw his friend request... we ended up chatting for hours that night, then on the phone every night for a week then i bought a plane ticket and flew out to see him in vancouver! we spent a week together and as soon as i got home, we talked and decided he should come live with me up north then move to the city in a few months together... awwww!! :D

i was mad at him but now maybe i'll forgive him... feelin all mushy for him again ;)

My DH was the drummer in the band I went to go see on New Year's Eve Millenium. I didn't know this at first however...he was just a cute guy talking to the bartender who I was friends with. I just joined into the conversation. We hung out all night (except for when he was on stage playing) and our first kiss was midnight 2000! I ended out spending the night with him in the bandrooom in the basement of the bar (my mother would be so proud to know this lol). The band left the next afternoon to go back to Toronto (I lived about 5 hours north of Toronto) and although we had exchanged numbers I figured it was likely a one night stand. He called me the next night and we talked for hours. Next thing I knew I went to visit him a couple weeks later and then moved to Toronto four months later. We finally got married in 2005 and are finally ttc #1.

Been with Paul nearly 3 years, in a couple of a weeks. Met through friends and stuff rli, would hang out sometimes ,all of us. Then got eachothers numbers and emails bla bla and got closer and he asked me out :D been together ever since, split up couple of times but all good now :D
xoxox

We met in a chatroom on WAP (internet on mobile phone) called mopilot.
I was newly single, and Thea was 13 months old. We got talking and one night he called me and it was the most difficult conversation, so made excuses and got off the phone. Thought well that was that, he'll never call again. Until he began calling everynight!

After 2 weeks we decided to meet up, and fell in love. 6 months later, Thea and I moved from Lancaster to Liverpool and 6 months later we found out I was expecting Georgina.

Now over 5 1/2 yrs later, and we're still madly in love :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->