How did you organize your newborn's dresser/closet?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by flashy09, Nov 19, 2011.

1. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I have fleece long sleeve onesies, cotton long sleeve onesies, short sleeve body suits, shirts, pants, gowns, blankets.....how did you organize what goes in each drawer? By material? Long sleeves/short sleeves? Did you hang anything up? I have a laundry basket full of washed clothes and not sure what to do with them!

2. Supermaiden

Supermaiden Well-Known Member

We only have drawers so nothing to hang. It has 2 small drawers at the top, one I put vests into, the other sleepsuits. Then under that is his clothes he wears now so size 3-6 and socks. Next drawers are all bigger sizes/towels/blankets. I just arrange by size, not type/sleeve length etc.

3. numum

numum Well-Known Member

I have 4 shelves up top is dresses and dungarees then 4 piles on 2nd
    short sleeved vests short sleeved tops long sleeved vests and long sleeved tops on third is babygros trousers towels and blankets and lastly on bottom tights socks muslins bibs and shoes.

4. Bartness

Bartness 1st time mommy to Jaxon.

I did pajamas in the top drawer, the long pants in the second, and onsies in the third. Then i put stuff he'd need to grow into in the fourth. His closet was organized by size and style.

5. whit.

whit. Mommy of 2!

I hang the clothes that are Sophia's "outing" clothes - meaning clothes I'd put on her to go out of the house & her sleepers.

I do it by size, NB, 3m, 6m, ect..then I do it by..

Pants, Onesies, Onesie OUTFITS, Long Sleeves, Long Sleeve Outfits, Sweaters, Dresses, Sleepers.

6. stepmum

stepmum Oliver's Mummy

I have all his outfits hanging in the wardrobe, his sleep suits/PJ's in a drawer, his vests/bodysuits in another drawer and socks in another. Blankets and towels I have in an ottoman in our room which is separated into two, house stuff and Oliver stuff.

I keep all his next size stuff in our wardrobe until it's ready to do a rotation lol, it's quite the military operation.

7. mummytori

mummytori proud mummy

In the wardrobe I have clothes to grow into and gro bags, then we have a 5 drawer dresser with his changing mat on top, top drawer is changing stuff, nappies, wipes etc, then next drawer is tops, t shirts an jumpers, next one is vests, bodysuits an sleepsuits, next one is trousers, dungerees, socks 'accessories' etc, then the bottom is towels an cot sheets/blankets. I'm a bit obsessive about the organisation an will bite OHs head off if it gets messed up LOL :)

8. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

I sorted them into body vests, sleepsuits, socks, bibs/muslin cloths, hats, jumpers, t-shirts, trousers, dungarees and cardigans. Coats/jackets went in my wardrobe.

9. LauraLu

LauraLu Well-Known Member

*Socks/hats/keepsakes in the top drawer

*Onsies in the second drawer

*Sleepers/PJs in the third drawer

*Pants in the last drawer

*Hang "out fits" and sets

*Towels in the linen closet

10. Pixiegirllily

Pixiegirllily Mummy of 1

Have 3 draws, top draw is the current size she's in so 0-3 the basics. 2nd draw same size but outfits, next draw next size up and socks, bibs etc xx

11. Babushka99

Babushka99 Well-Known Member

I have a shelf for vests, a shelf for tops, shelf for trousers, shelf for pjs and outfits hanging, giant box of knitted jumpers and box of accesories and a box of socks and tights.