how did you tell OH???

lauram

Reaction score
hi everyone,
just wondering how everyone told their oh's that they were pregnant??
currently in waiting to try for another 6 weeks, so only dreaming of this at the mo!!
xxx

I gave him a present as we were apart from Valentines Day and I told him it was for Valentine's Day. It was a box of Rusks.

I laid out the four positive pregnancy tests I'd taken that morning on the table and pointed to them. He thought that because I'd bought them from eBay that they were faulty so we both took another. Mine was positive, his was negative... but even then he didn't really believe me, even though I told him there's no such thing as "a little bit pregnant", it's a yes you are or a no you are not thing!

It took him a fair few weeks to believe I really was pregnant - he was cautious because his sister had suffered miscarriages and pregnancy loss (early and late).

I had the pregnancy test ready to go, and we were just sitting watching TV (actually, I think he was playing a video game), ANYWAY.... I said I was gonna go pee on it cuz I just wasn't feeling right, and we had just gotten back from our honeymoon 3 weeks before.

I peed on the stick, came back into the livingroom, and watched him play his game. I don't even think I waited 3 mins, and I said "Screw this, I gotta go see!!!"
I walked into the washroom, took a deep breath, and looked at the stick. It was positive!! How could this be?! Our very first time trying, and it worked?!?!?!?
All I could say was "Oh my god, oh my god" as I walked into the livingroom. He didn't believe me, and was laughing cuz he thought I was lying. I said I was being serious, and he still didn't believe me!! I sat down, and showed him the test. I think his jaw hit the floor!!! We both just sat there with wide eyes, and didn't say anything for about 2 mins. LOL...... I said "Okay, now what?" We both started laughing, and cried a little bit (happy cry)..... then we told all our parents, and some of our good friends.... we were WAY to excited to keep it a secret for another 2 months!!!!!

He was working so I took a photo of the test and emailed it to him!

My boyfriend knew I was going to the doctor's to find out for sure... so he made me promise to call him as soon as I was done. He was at work driving over this bridge at the time LOL (pregnancy was a surprise to both of us.. not that he'd drive off intentionally I should clarify lol I'm just proud of him for not swerving or anything upon hearing the news :))

https://img1.photographersdirect.com/img/13827/wm/pd1082587.jpg

I waved the positive test in his face while he was still asleep saying... "look, look at this" and got no response... till I said "I'm pregnant"
I promptly burst into tears and he sat bolt upright and said "oh shite" :rofl:
This baby wasnt planned btw, neither of us wanted any kids, (I have a daughter from a previous relationship who is almost 17) but now we are pregnant, we're really excited :happydance:

told him we needed another car seat in the car....
told him over the phone while he was at work.

with my ex:
on my eldest i told him over the phone, he was in the army and was in germany at the time, my eldest was planned and he was over the moon.
with my youngest i didnt tell him, i knew i was pregnant but didnt go docs, midwives etc till i was 5 n half months because he didnt want any more and would have told me to get rid. i only told him after i went in hosp for an emergancy scan and found out how far i was, i rang him, first words out of his mouth " can you get rid" :( he was an arse throughout the pregnancy didnt lift a finger to help emotionally or financially.
we split when my youngest was 1.

with this one....
OH had been pestering me for a year for a baby, tryin to make me watch baby shows, get broody near friends babies etc he even got the girls doing it to me "mummy can we have a baby" so i gave in, we tried for 3 months (had 2 very late periods) and then got caught, i wasnt late, i tested on the day i was due to come on and it came up straight away OH was downstairs with a workman and i shouted him up and told him, he was delighted and ran about phoning everyone lol
he was cautious though and kept going on about the test being wrong, he didnt quite believe it was happening till the first scan

I had taken a test on the Tuesday morning out of curiosity cos I felt so ill and it was a faint positive so I decided to retest on the Thursday because I had my flu jab booked in for then and you're not allowed it if you're pregnant. So on the Thursday morning I woke up at like 5am and took the 2nd test and it was a definite positive so when he woke up at 6am I was like "look" and he was like "What's that? What does that mean?" and I was like "Erm, that I'm pregnant?" lol. I can't remember his reaction, I think it was a bit mean to catch him unawares when he'd just woken up. It wasn't planned but wasn't prevented either, basically we thought it'd take 4 or 5months realistically to fall pregnant so had a reckless month and played the "what will happen will happen" game and 2 weeks later... lol.

We had been trying since June ( got :bfp: in august) I took test early in morning (around 6am) as i had a long way to drive for a meeting 150 miles away. went in bedroom to tell DH, however, he was really grumpy cos I had woke him up so early - so i thought sod it, I am not telling you!

I drove all the way to my meeting - and all the way back, so excited, and cross with myself for not telling him that morning - was so tempted to just text him!

Anyway - got home and as I had done a clearblue digi it still said 'pregnant', waited for him to get home, and told him to hold out his hands and close his eyes. (he wouldnt for ages as he thought I was going to give him something horrible!)

I just put the test in his hand (the bit you wee on covered obviously!), and said he could open his eyes - his reaction was:
1) oh shit
2) is it mine? ( out of pure shock this question - I hope!)
3) it is right?
4) It all works!

then, after the above - we were both bouncing about excited! - so even though it was all planned ( to the point of OPK's) we were both still shocked at the reality of our :bfp: happening so quick!

I screamed, he came runing upstairs and i showed him the test. We then did another 5 to make sure that we were nto seeing things.

It would have been nice to come up with something to make an occasion of it but when the time came i couldnt hold back.

Wishing you all the luck in getting that :bfp:

:hug:

I bought the test in Tesco on the Thursday - didn't want DH to know I was buying it, in case I was wrong. he happened to be standing in the next queue, buying me flowers (!) so saw immediately!

Waited until Sunday - couldn't sleep so tested at 5am - it was positive - woke up hubby by shouting. He thought we were being burgled! When he realised what I was saying, he said something like 'that's nice', then went back to sleep!

I took the test at 6.20am on a sat morning (my AF due date) and was in shock when it showed positive. We had only started TTC that month. I walked into our bedroom and woke H and said look at this and waved it in his face. He was like what does it mean, I said can you see the cross?? He said yeah, I was like we're pregnant!!! He was so happy, but told me to get back into bed and go to sleep lol. I couldn't and lay awake until 8am when he told me I could get up if I wanted lol.

Cx

We decided to start trying in January, but because of our ages (I'm 35, he's 36) we thought it'd take ages so in November decided to "let nature take it's course".

In December I was feeling a bit off, sore boobs, on and off feeling sick and had some mid-cycle spotting. I went to the Dr and he said he thought it was hormonal, set me up for a smear and swab just to check it all out.

About a week later, when my period still hadn't arrived, we started making jokes about me being pregnant, and then one day I was at work and decided to count out my cycle, thinking my cycle had been erratic over the last year anyway ... I counted it all out and it turned out that every month had been either 28 or 29 days ... and I was at 35 and counting.

I phoned hubby and suggested we meet up at lunchtime to do the test, just "to put my mind at rest". Then I went on the BBC website and looked up pregnancy symptoms ... and had a little laugh to myself that it was a funny coincidence that I had the symptoms but wasn't pregnant hahahahaha ...

Met up with hubby at lunchtime and actually said these words "for the record, it's going to be negative but I just need to check". Went to a chemist and picked up the clearblue digi 2 pack. Went to his Mum's (house was empty), he waited downstairs with the dog, and I went upstairs, peed on the stick, put the lid on, chucked it in my bag and trotted off downstairs. We spoke for like a minute, I thought I'd check the test, not expecting it to be done, looked at it (Pregnant 3+) and said OH MY GOD.

Hubby - who has always wanted children and has just waited patiently for me to catch up - said "WHAT, WHAT???!!" I just handed him the test and we looked at each other ... I was half crying, half laughing and he couldn't stop grinning ... he turned to the dog and said, "you're going to be a big sister!"

we were at a bar on friday night (the night before valentine's day) and i said i was feeling a bit off. waited till we got home and he said take a test, i just know your pregnant. (we were trying for over a year). took the test and yipee!!!!!!! was positive! we were both crying and sitting in shock at the same time

Well, OH and I have had a rocky time with the whole 'baby' topic. I left a relationship of nearly a decade to be with OH cuz I firmly believe that he is the only one I'm supposed to be with...but he already had 2 kids from a previous relationship, and didn't want more (was also talking about vasectomy). From the time we got together, it was a constant debate and the only thing we ever argued about was having a family together.

Well, we had an unplanned :bfp: in September (I was on the pill), and a m/c in early October, and it devastated me! OH had confessed that he didn't want any more kids (he had previously told me that he did)...he said that he lied about more kids so I would stay...I was so crushed. It was an absolute deal breaker if I couldn't be a mother. I had been waiting for so long, and my last partner was not who I wanted as a father for my LO, so I'm so thankful that nothing ever happened there.

I'm also a very firm believer in fate...what's meant to be will be. So, when I m/c, I was so upset, but also knew that it wouldn't have lasted. We still continued to discuss why he didn't want kids etc...and we came to a conclusion that it really had all to do with fear - he was so afraid that if we broke up, then he would have 2 broken families that he was responsible for, and he had a very turbulent childhood himself, so he already has lots of family issues.

Of course, I was fully supportive, and encouraging and we talked a long time about his thoughts and feelings, and he looked at me and said "I'm gonna do it. I'm not gonna let fear ruin my life" and I seriously thought he was breaking up with me! I just looked at him, and he said "I want to have a baby with you", but I still didn't believe him! I sure took him seriously though, when we woke up the next day, and he threw out all my birth control!

I should mention here, that in the previous week, some strange things had been happening with me spiritually (I believe in some stuff that most people don't)...my dog had visited me (she passed last May and was my everything), and 2 days later, a Great Horned Owl landed outside my back step and stared in at me for like 5 minutes straight! Keep in mind, that this was in the middle of the day, in a very populated city. To me, it was an obvious sign (owl's are a symbol of fertility), but I wasn't really sure what it meant that Cinnamon and this owl had visited...I could only speculate.

Sure enough, I started having symptoms and so I took a test. We had just decided to start trying, and I figured that it would take forever for a :bfp: so we were just having fun and going with the flow...letting nature take her course and so on. I got my :bfp: on Feb. 22, and OH was still sleeping, so I paced madly about the house, wondering how exactly to tell...I had wanted to do something special, but I also wanted to shout from the top of my lungs, so I stuck the test in a box, and brought it downstairs with me. When OH woke up, and we were sitting on the couch, I said I had something for him...He asked if we were celebrating something, and I said maybe...I gave him the box, and he opened it...and I sat there holding my breath (I was scared that he was still lying about wanting a baby)...he looked at me, smiled widely and then he grabbed me and kissed me so madly that I nearly fell off the couch once he let me go! I started crying and he hugged me, and had tears in his eyes. He told me that he loves me and we sat in awe for a few minutes. After that, it has been the absolute best experience of my life!

Sorry that it's sooo long, but we have had quite the time getting to this point! ha! I'm just glad that it turned out so well for us!

All 3 were unplanned so...

Number 1.

me - I think I'm pregnant.
Him - yeah right.
me - hinestly.
Him - *goes to chemist to prove me wrong*
Clear blue test - positive comes up almost before I pee on it
both - :argh:

Number 2.

me - *mad thought pops into my head when going into town to buy some new clothes - buy a test cos your pregnant*
Test - positive (oh I got it from boots so that if it was neg I still got points)
me - sweetheart, I'm pregnant *shows test* *throws up*
Him - wow.... *shocked for an hour* awww that's great!!!!

Number 3.

me - you know, I've had flu and I know I can't be pregnant as I have a minera coil... but I'm over 2 weeks late. I think I should do a test then go see the GP cos I still feel sicky.
3 tests later and we sit in the GP surgery before being sent upto the EPAU and as I lie down for the scan I say 'maybe it's just a phantom pregancy'....

I took the test about 8 hours before DH got home. He knew I was a little late, but I said I was going to give it another 4 or 5 days before taking a test. I had this strong urge that day that made me do it. When he got home, he handed me his softball schedule and announced that we would get to go to Florida in October, since they had a tournament, there. That is also where my dad lives and he was going on blah blah about how we could visit and blah blah. I told him to forget going to Florida nad any other plans he had around that weekend and handed him the test.
He didn't really get it at first, so I said "you're going to be a dad". He just looked at me. I think it was shock for him, too. I don't remember much after that. He didn't jump up and down or get upset, he was just shocked. So dumb, like we didn't know how to make a baby?!

i had been vomiting for a couple of days, my friend said you may be pregnant, i went into denial and went to bed.
got up and sneaked out for a test, did it and wirthin a minute it came up positive!!!
i took the test into the bedromm where oh was sleeping and said to him
what does this say???
he replied...... clearblue (pmsl)
i said no the little box,
at this point he sat bolt upright and said wow!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->