How did you tell the OH's parents?

Brosey

Reaction score
Did your OH tell them himself, without you there? Or did you do it together or did you have to do it on your own? Was it in person?
You always hear stories of how you told your mum and dad but never how OH's parents found out :D

At first I wanted OH to tell his parents without me because I was so scared of them but then I realized that wasn't fair of me and that would make me a coward. He was strong enough to be there for me when I told my parents and I had to be strong enough to be there for him. 4 days after his 17th birthday, I was up at his house for a small get together and towards the end my OH, Zach, asked his mom to come down to the basement, that we wanted to talk to her. I sat on the floor and he said, "Mom. We're parents." And she said, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" And started crying. And then I started crying. She then asked what we were going to do and my OH said he was moving out and we were keeping it, etc. Then his step-dad walked downstairs and his mom said, "They're pregnant." His step-dad said, "Well. You really need our support now Zachary. It takes a village to raise a baby." Then he got a beer and left. (Haha.) And that was about it. His parents have been supportive the whole time and our relationship is much better, our LO has brought us all close.

I was really nervous as I worried they thought we were too young. OH's mum took it very well until she realised she would become a young grandmother! :haha:
We told his dad around the dinner table, he was shocked and went outside for a fag. 10 mins later he came in (after pacing the garden) and made jokes and was happy again! He really wasn't expecting it lol :p
His parents have been so so supportive, they've bought main items we need and both created room for us a LO for when we visit them.
I've never been so scared in my life before telling them though :L :L

We'd known I was pregnant for about 3 days when I was rushed to hospital with a suspected ectopic, his mum was at work at the time. By the time OH got home from the hospital his mum obviously wondered where he'd been and where I was lol (was 4am). So he told her.

I'm not sure of what was said, I think OH didn't want to add to my stress. But she seemed happy. With our first pregnancy we didn't have time to tell anyone as I miscarried withing days of knowning. x

I took a digital pregnancy test and we wrote "Tessa is.." on the test next to the window that said pregnant lol and gave it to his mom on her birthday. She pretty well expected it to happen eventually though and already called me her daughter in law so she was pumped to find out and says that it was the best birthday present ever =]

FOB was in charge of that! Not me :haha:

told his mum together, he told his dad at the pub.

It was just shocking how he blurted it out to his mum tho :( she didnt say anything till the next afternoon(he told her at like 3am, silly moo!) she was happy.. i just wished he would have waited till the next day

For Jaymee He took his mom out for coffee and told her , for his dad he took him out for lunch and told him.

for this baby , we went out to his dads for a Swim and BBQ and after all that we just said you like Jaymee right , well your going to be a grandpa again, and with his mom we bought her a Picture frame that said Grandkids and sat her down and she didnt get it at first but his step dad did , and thats how we have told them

For both my kids, me and OH told his mum and step dad together.

The first time (pregnant with my daughter) we told OH's mum and his older sister while we were in the car on the way to the supermarket. They were a bit shocked, but happy for us. In fact I was the one who blurted it out in the end because OH was just going round in circles and not actually saying that I was pregnant :dohh:

For my second pregnancy (my son), we took OH's mum and step dad out for dinner and told them there. They had already guessed anyway and were very happy for us and congratulated us. :)

They have always been fairly laid back and supportive. It's my parents that are the tough ones to tell! :haha:

xoxox

My OH wanted to tell them by himself, we both thought it would be better this way.. And it was for us :) xx

i took a test in my mums house with out any1 knowing even my boyfriend, i had to go to work and never left the test long enough so i put in bak in the box and left it until the next day, thts when i told my boyfriend tht i took it, then i foned my mum to let her know, she told me to take the other 1 so i did and it came bak tht aii was preg, she was upset to start of with as she is also trying bt nw she is excited, my dad get called papa elf of all my family it soo funny coz hes only 5ft something hehe, xxxx

My OH texted his mum 'Guess what Yazz is preg..'

His mum took it pretty well, my SIL had told her she was preg half an hour before!

My OH told them without me. His parents are very unpredictable so for my safety he didn't want me there. They ended up being really excited and supportive.

OH was so excited he went to his parents and told them about 5 mins after dropping me off after our doctor appointment to confirm the pregnancy. I would have like to have been there but he couldn't wait and they were thrilled!

yehh we had to do it over the fone to his parents, as his mum stays 105 miles away and his dad stays in sypris, xxxx

We told mu OH's mom together (we went out to dinner at a crepe house with her, one of his brothers and his brothers girlfriend) and we told them all together. Either OH's mom told his dad, or he did it himself. I don't know. I wasn't involved in that end of it (his dad scares me).

OH drove home and immediately told his parents after we found out (he was leaving the next morning) and I couldn't go with him because I had to go to work. He said he was shaking and just said he needed to talk to them and they guessed it right away and were thrilled!! :)

My parents on the other hand... whole other story haha

We told them that I was pregnant together. They had just come back from holiday and then when we found out I was actually 25 weeks along oh told them on the phone! Took a couple of days to come round then got really excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->