How did you tell work?

lov3hat3

Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2
Reaction score
So i've only been there a month and a half so im worried about how they're going to react. I feel like I need to tell them because they are doing my nut. I left my last job due to being harassed every single day to work either extra on top of my shift or to work on my days off (my sons only in nursery 3 days a week). I got this job, they know that I can only work certain days. Ive only got a 16 hour contract which every week I have worked double that amount for them covering peoples shifts. Yesterday and today my days off and they've rung me repeatedly both days!! and now I have to ring them back because they've text me asking me to. Ive already worked double my contract this week and im working tomorrow night so I don't want to work. Yet I feel like I have to because then I hope they wont take it badly that im pregnant because ive done alllll this extra work for them but its just never ending! Im knackered, I want a day of with my OH as he only has weekends off. :nope: How did you tell work, did they take It well? I really really need this job so im worried :(

So i've only been there a month and a half so im worried about how they're going to react. I feel like I need to tell them because they are doing my nut. I left my last job due to being harassed every single day to work either extra on top of my shift or to work on my days off (my sons only in nursery 3 days a week). I got this job, they know that I can only work certain days. Ive only got a 16 hour contract which every week I have worked double that amount for them covering peoples shifts. Yesterday and today my days off and they've rung me repeatedly both days!! and now I have to ring them back because they've text me asking me to. Ive already worked double my contract this week and im working tomorrow night so I don't want to work. Yet I feel like I have to because then I hope they wont take it badly that im pregnant because ive done alllll this extra work for them but its just never ending! Im knackered, I want a day of with my OH as he only has weekends off. :nope: How did you tell work, did they take It well? I really really need this job so im worried :(

Hello!!! sounds like you had a pants time in your old job!!
you don't have to tell them until your around 25 weeks or 15 weeks prior to starting mat leave. obviously, if you're being over worked it will cause unnecessary stress on you and baby so I would tell them sooner, as soon as you feel comfortable. length of service is irrelevant, they can't and shouldn't treat you any differently, other than to allow for extra breaks and time off for antenatal appts as and when necessary.
ask to speak in confidence to your line manager/boss and just tell them :) xoxo

My last job I found out 2 days after I started , I had to tell them as I was so ill, by 12 weeks I left because i said it was fair to them to pay me to be off ill when I had just started. I was lucky they were so incredibly nice I was honest with them that when I eventually wanted to return to work they found a job for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->