How did you tell your o/h

tardiz

mum of 1 :)
Reaction score
That you were pregnant? I was reading in a magazine about some cute ways people told their partners they were pregnant and it got me thinking...

When I got a positive test I ran to tell hubby who was watching tv, he said 'that's great' hugged me, then went back to watching star trek!!

He has since said (in jest obviously) that had it been dr who on tv he wouldn't have replied until it had finished

Love him <3

After numerous false alarms, I did a test that morning while hubby was still in bed. I came in 5 mins later to tell him - he sort of hid under the covers but I think it was because he was so overjoyed and didn't want me to see him being a little teary. Bless him xx

My hubby was with me, it was new years eve and I had an awful cold so didn't want to take anything incase I was pregnant. We got a test in town then I took the test and covered it while we waited. He actually saw it was positive before me and started smiling, then I knew. I think it's adorable how some people tell their OH though but he actually knew before me!

I got up early the morning AF was due as I had stomach cramp and was convinced I had come on. Did a test when saw I hadn't and when it was positive, I could stop shaking!! My husband is in the Navy and so was away, and I rang him and woke him up at 6 in the morning to tell him!! He was groggy at first, then when it dawned on him what I had said, I could hear him grinning it was that wide! He said he walked around like the cat that got the cream for the rest of that day but had to keep to himself why!! LOL.

We did another test when he came home just so he could see it say positive! Bless him

I opened the toilet door, not knowing whether to laugh or cry, with my pants round my ankles , shaking. I didn't need to say anything else.

I had all these plans of the day i got my bfp, getting a card send or maybe a babygro with i love daddy on it etc. We had been on holiday and id ruled that month out really but tested as i was a week late and sick of the af pains so thought a negative test would let her get on with it. It was a big heavy cbd and came up 3+ straight away i ran into the bedroom with my toothbrush in my mouth shouted dh to wake up and literally launched the thing at him lol. It took a minute and a stupid question for it to sink in and then he was up dancing and screaming in the bedroom whilst i stood shaking in the bathroom in shock lol. Next time ill try and be a bit more dignified lol

My husband (and mum) waited downstairs while i took the test in the bathroom. I came down with a big smile and my husband just said "what??"... silly man! as if i'd be smiling if it was negative?! I sat down and showed them both and the two of them didnt believe it as the line was faint! Bloody typical lol. Just to prove it i took another one, along with a clear blue one. x

I had planned to do something cute and special but as soon as I got even the faintest line on a test I started shaking & ran to the bedroom (where hubby was asleep) yelling that I thought I was pregnant. Of course, he couldn't even really see the line. :haha: But at least he did take my word for it.

aww everyones responses are cute :)

I had dozens of cheapo tests so was doing them all the time.
I'd tried steadying the pace a little and wasn't going to test for another week but thought ahh why not... did it and was totally shocked when a positive line appeared. I dunked 3 more in and when they came up positive i went all high pitched and shouted for my hubby to come into the bathroom. We never moved so fast as to go get the clear blue digital from under the bed.... my husband didn't take his eyes off the test and squealed like a little school girl when it came up 'pregnant'!
I wanted to run out the room and tell EVERYONE but he grabbed me for the biggest hug. We both just kept repeating "omg omg omg omg omg" :D

I woke up wayyyyy earlier than I had to (I think 7:00 am) because it was testing day. I had gotten a BFN two days before but I KNEW I was pregnant because my BBT was still up and I was late for my period and I just "felt" pregnant. I peed on the test and sat there and waited, and waited and there was nothing I could see. And I said outloud, "Are you freaking kidding me?!" but then I walked into the livingroom where the light was better and I saw the faintest line ever. I had taken soooo many tests and seen sooo many snow white windows that the fact I could see a pink line I KNEW it wasn't false. So I went in and climbed into bed with my OH and rubbed his back and arms until he woke up and I said, "I'm sorry to wake you (it was his day off), but I didn't think you'd mind me waking you to tell you that you're going to be a Daddy again!" and he kissed me and we cuddled in bed for awhile. I was soooo beside myself with excitement. And then I showed him the test and he couldn't see a thing lol I was kinda annoyed but I knew it was there and it took another 3 days of tests before he could see the line lol (bad eyesight!)

Hehe, I put the test in his hand in a bit of a shock. Only thought afterwards it was covered in my pee, lol. X

I managed to keep it secret a WHOLE day, whilst I went shopping to find some bits as a gift. I bought a gift box and filled it with:

"I love my daddy" bib and booties,

A baby photo frame which I put a message in saying "Due around 27th July"

My digital pregnancy test with a gift tag attached saying "positive proof that in 9 month you'll be the best daddy around

An absolutely adorable poem I found....
"I dont yet have a face to see, or put inside a frame,
I dont yet have soft cheeks to kiss, I dont yet have a name
But all will change come 27th of June, thats when they say Im due
Im your gorgeous little baby, and I cant wait to meet you!"

And finally a letter from me

I gave him it after dinner and ran out of the room nervously haha
returned to a very smily OH asking "really?" "honestly?" over and over

I sent my OH for the test so he knew i was testing anyway, and he was stood in the bathroom whilst i took the test lol, not very sexy or romantic lol, but we were very excited and happy.

My hubby was with me for the first 3 tests and they kept coming out negative.. So I took one more while he was at work and it came out positive. I went to his work and put the test on the dash of his car (at the speedometer) so it was the first thing he saw when he got in the car... I was waiting nearby the car. He started to cry and ran to me and hugged me.

My hubby bought me the test as he kept saying he knew I was, I didnt think so as I hadnt long had my mirena removed. (put being a week late down to that and the stress of xmas) I did the test, showed him and said I told you I wasnt!! He then turned round and said no that line means you are!!! Oops think pregnancy brain had already set in.

Called him straight away hen I found out, he was having his morning coffee in Starbucks. :) H a ha ha ha...

I managed to keep it secret a WHOLE day, whilst I went shopping to find some bits as a gift. I bought a gift box and filled it with:

"I love my daddy" bib and booties,

A baby photo frame which I put a message in saying "Due around 27th July"

My digital pregnancy test with a gift tag attached saying "positive proof that in 9 month you'll be the best daddy around

An absolutely adorable poem I found....
"I dont yet have a face to see, or put inside a frame,
I dont yet have soft cheeks to kiss, I dont yet have a name
But all will change come 27th of June, thats when they say Im due
Im your gorgeous little baby, and I cant wait to meet you!"

And finally a letter from me

I gave him it after dinner and ran out of the room nervously haha
returned to a very smily OH asking "really?" "honestly?" over and over

That is so cute, you have so much patience and willpower to wait a whole day !:haha:

I did a test late evening and didn't tell him.....the line was very faint. So i got up early the next day and bought the CB digital test. It said Pregnant 3-4. We were getting double glazing fitted that day,....so i was sat on the bathroom floor with workmen busying about the house the other side of the door as i waited for the result.

When they had gone i got hubby in the car, went to mcdonalds for a take out drink and i drove us to the coast (just 5 mins away). We sat there for a while just admiring the view and chatting, having a laugh - we love it up there and go there often together to chill. I handed him an envelope, which had a card in. Inside i had written how much i love him etc.

Where i signed the card I had put:

All my love, Lesley......... and Jellybean 3-4:)

*i then showed him the pic on my phone of the pregnancy test i had done* xx

It was on the day my AF was due and I had already had a negative test five days earlier but hubby wanted me to try again so I did. We walked away from the testing stick and went back after three minutes to check and there was a faint positive. I started crying saying it was a "yes" and he sat there saying he didn't think it was, even though I was soooo sure (having researched and looked at some many positive pics on here). He said he had to see the word 'pregnant' I.e Clear Blue and so he left me on the phone to my mum whilst he went out to get one. When he saw that word 'pregnant' he finally believed it and we sat and had a hug and a cry together:hugs:. Was an amazing moment and I will never forget it. :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->