How did you tell your OH's?

Gray001

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
I found out this morning that I am expecting baby 2 (still very early days) after about 18 months of trying. This will probably be our last baby and because it took a long time I would really like to do something special to surprise DH.

How did you tell you OH or do you have any good ideas?

My second pregnancy I found out near Christmas time so I bought my husband a Christmas card that said daddy on the front and I wrote on the envelope "this is more than a Christmas card" (just to make sure he'd actually read it haha). Inside I wrote a message from my son saying I'm going to be a big brother. It was cute. First pregnancy I was in shock so I just waited till he got home from work and said "I'm pregnant". Haha. This pregnancy I ran in from the bathroom shouting look at this test.
It's worth doing something cute I think :)

Haha Talia that is what I did with our first!! Intact I think I woke him up about 6am to tell him I had just taken the test!!
I was thinking maybe writing on 1 of ds's t.shirts 'I'm going to be a big brother' or something along those lines.

That's cute. I've seen things online where women bought loads of baby related things (nappy cream, wipes, dummies etc) and unpacked them in front of their husbands and said it took a while for the penny to drop haha. I quite liked that. You can actually get I'm going to be a big brother tshirts cheap off eBay, I got one for my son for £5.99 :)

I'm no help with this one. I found out I was pregnant with this baby our first cycle trying again after a previous mc. I'd taken a test a few days before when I was absolutely sure I was pregnant and it had been completely negative. I sobbed and spent the whole weekend feeling so depressed and worrying that the even though I was so sure I was pregnant that the d&c had caused some infertility and I would never get pregnant again. So when I felt really sick the following week and took a test just so I could stop having any hope for what I was sure would never happen, and it was very much positive, I pretty much just burst into the bedroom while he was asleep and said, "WAKE UP! I'M PREGNANT!!" I thought I would have thought of something more creative than that, but I was in such shock. With our first, I planted the pregnancy test in a flower pot out in our greenhouse and asked him to come out and see what I was growing. Obviously, I still had energy back then to be creative.

I walked out of the bathroom holding my positive digi in my shaking hand and showed it to DH. Nothing cute or sweet about it. :haha:

But in my defense, I was shocked. And that's an understatement.

I'd been tested a few days before and told I wasn't pregnant. I had no symptoms and I was using an almost expired digi that my kids ripped open. I couldn't just toss an expensive test like that without peeing on it first so I used it even though it was only a one hour hold and I'd just drank a quart of water. Oh and did I mention it was bedtime and I don't get bfps with anything but fmu?

I was 100% certain the test would say NOT Pregnant so when the Pregnant showed up, I didn't believe it. I kept waiting for the Not to come up too but it didn't. I almost fell over when it hit me that I really was pregnant.

Oh and DH's response? 'Huh.' and a shrug. :rofl:

My husband is a man of habit and routine, and every day when he gets home from work he walks outside with our son and gets the mail. So this time I put a sealed envelope in there with his name on it and the positive test inside. He definitely wasn't expecting it! I think using something personal is a nice way to go.. incorporate it into a food, activity or even time of day that you know he likes. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"