how did you tell

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mommyx1, Apr 5, 2011.

1. mommyx1

mommyx1 my oven is on

i am waiting to see if i am pg this cycle but I wanted to ask how you ladies told your husband and if you already have one child how did to tell him or her. I have a two going on 3 DD and i am not sure how to tell her and helping her understand. Any thoughts?

2. jessica.p

jessica.p Mother of 2 and TTC #3!

I found out the evening of my husband's one year anniversary of being in the Navy. I told him I had a surprise for him since it was his anniversary, and I just held the test behind my back, told him to close his eyes, and when he opened them I was holding the test in front of him. I think he almost cried but managed not to and we had a good hug :) Sorry I know that probably doesn't help lol

3. bonsaibaybee

bonsaibaybee Well-Known Member

Mine's funny lol I was 17 dpo and just had a feeling one night to take a test... So I went upstairs, took one, and saw the most beautiful positive ever :) I was in shock and trying to decide if I should do something special or just tell my husband... My happy, blabbery nature won and I had to tell him as soon as possible. I picked up the test, came downstairs to find that he was playing a dancing game on the Kinect. I just watched him for a bit while he jumped around and laughed and then in the middle of a move, I blurted out "babe I'm pregnant!" and caught him so off guard lol I love it because it was so random and we still laugh about it :)

Now we are working on how we are going to tell our parents on Friday after we get the results from my blood test tomorrow :)

4. CheerCoach

CheerCoach Well-Known Member

My daughters are much older....I actually had them read the results cuz I couldn't look. Then the 3 of us took off to the store for more tests...you know just to be sure lol. When hubby came home I had a line of BFP's on the bathroom counter :)

As for your DD, I was pregnant w/2 DD and told 1st DD that she was going to be a big sister. As my belly grew and Kaitlyn began moving I kept Brittany involved...she would feel her sister kick and we looked at baby photos often. She was a great sister-to-be...and when her lil sister was born she was the most proud sister ever :)

5. EstelSeren

EstelSeren Married Mum of 2!

Since I'd had so many negatives already this cycle and had only tested on a whim really, I saw the 2 lines appear and then just ran into the living room with the test, thrust it in front o my husband's face and said, "Hon, am I seeing things?"! I wouldn't believe it until he confirmed it! So I never really told him! In fact, he pretty much told me! :dohh:

Beca :wave:

6. MissyBee

MissyBee Well-Known Member

My boyfriend was with me when I bought the HPT, and I broke the news to him after getting a result by crying and yelling profanities. Wasn't such a great morning :(

7. we can't wait

we can't wait Mom of 4

I found out I was pregnant while my OH was at work.
    When he came home I handed him a bottle of advil & said "you're going to need that." When he asked "why," I said "Because I'm probably going to give you a lot of headaches over the next nine months." He didn't get it at first... but then he realised what I meant & we just smiled & hugged each other.

It wasn't a bug surprise to him, because we had been TTC. If your OH isn't half-expecting it... I would probably opt for a less dramatic route. :haha:

This is my first... So I don't have any experience telling children. good luck! x