How do I get her to sleep? :(

Destiny08

Reaction score
I am literally at the end of my rope lol. my daughter is now 3 months old, and for the last week or so, getting her to sleep has been a nightmare. she's always gone to sleep in between 6/7pm. I've had to rock her, but then she lets me put her down.

Recently that just wont happen :( I try to rock her to sleep as usual, but she wants me to stand, and she now weighs around 15lbs and I can't stand for that long. but I do! and she goes to sleep, but the SECOND i put her in her crib, her eyes are wide open and she cries until i pick her up again. and the process starts again...it seems the only way I can GET her to sleep is to leave her to cry until she totally exhausts herself and is just too tired to wake herself up when i put her to bed...but i HATE that :( i hate hearing her cry...

what can i do to get her to sleep? please help me :cry:

Do you use a dummy? My lo has a tendency to wake up when I put her down but I find the if I pop a dummy in her mouth she closes her eyes again and will sometimes fall back to sleep.

What worked for us was when we put Lo in his cot I would still hold him for a few minutes but his bum and back would be on the mattress so that would take the brunt of the weight, he would fidget but continue sleeping as he thought I was still holding him (i guess technically I was) it makes your back ache a bit bending over but better than holding 21lbs of weight lol. After a fee mins is slowly release my arm under his legs then do the same with the arm under his neck. I had to do this for a week or so but now he goes down without having to do this x

My LO's the same age and I've had the same problem as you for a few weeks now. She used to fall asleep feeding but not anymore :(
She cries until I pick her up and she only wants to be held upright facing away from me (so she can watch tv! :dohh:) getting her to sleep is a nightmare I have to lie her in my arms and walk briskly round the house for ages. She cries and cries for about 10 mins then just when i'm about to give up she finally falls asleep. my back gets so sore and she's only 12lbs so I really feel for you!

A dummy and a comfort item, teddy/blankie etc helps.

I used to put LO down awake and then she'd start to cry then I'd put one hand on the top of her head & one on her tummy and very gently 'rock' her like that shushing etc. She always cried for a bit but I figured she was ok as I was there with her. Gradually moved to just holding her hand & now she will go off herself with a bit of grizzling sometimes. I have started to mute the monitor (for 2 mins) so I can't hear the grizzling as it makes me feel really bad! I can see from my monitor she is ok though & then when she wakes up she is so happy & smiley again so it's worth it!

Thanks for all the advice - I'll definitely try the rocking!
She absolutely refuses to take a dummy :( I've got 6 different dummies of all different sizes including the MAM ones and cherry dummies and she just will not take it lol.

it also helps to know im not alone! :haha: maybe its the age
thanks again! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"