how do i know i am making milk

bexxie

Reaction score
HI
Bit of an odd question. Have got the latching and posistioning sorted and love it but my boobs dont feel FULL,can anyone tell me are they meant to? Shouldnt they be huge by now?

Babe is content enough she feeds for 1 hour and that is right breast then left then maybe right again depending which breast i started with.

I can see milk is white when she is done so know it is there but well this odd having small boobies when they should be like big

lol @ me you must think i am mad

bex.x

My boobs never really got masive - only if I missed a feed and I got engorged but no Pammie look here. The fact that baby is content after a feed is a sign that she is getting all she needs, also look for is she giving plenty of wet nappies, is she alert (well as alert as a newborn can be) and is her weight gain steady. Remember frequent feeding is very very common in the early days. She is getting yuor milk supply up when she has growth spurts. :)

thanks beanie

i just gave her a 1oz top up of formular after bf non stop,she maintained her birth weight which is ace so must be getting my milk,am going to a bfn place today so should be helpful.

thanks

Boobs only get huge if they are engorged with milk. This won't happen if they are a frequent feeder! Frankie was a frequent feeder at first but has now settled to 3-4 hourly feeds and 6 hours between 11pm and 5am, so don't worry. She gained loads of weighht at first and now that has steadied too!

Hi I was giving melie 2 bottle milk (sma) a day and one at night they were 3oz's. Now I am expressing if early then i cant see why (everyone says not before 4 weeks) I am getting 2oz's from each breast and this I am doing every three hours and bunging her on when she demands a feed.

Feeling better now I can see what I am making,and Melie is now 9lb 1.5 oz so am well chuffed.

Bex

I was not told not to express, I was encouraged to express....I know you are not expected to get a lot out before one month/4 weeks as it takes that long for your milk to be established! But my HV was pleased when I said I got 2oz expressed.....she weren't as happy as me tho I felt like partying, as I just couldn't BF with Jade, it just wasn't to be :(

But you are doing just fine babe, and I know now you have those uncomfy pains so YOU now know that all is OK now too for sure ;)

As long as baby is following the growth chart and has plenty of wet nappies then they should be doing fine on the milk produced.

still have my milk lol she is feeding once a day

this was one thing that haunted me for a few months and my boobs were never that full...they would have their odd days where they felt heavy but that was when i first started feeding him on solids...then he didnt want so much milk...

your baby would let u know if u were not producing...thats for sure...and as long as long as she is putting on weight ur doing okay..!!!

stop worrying and enjoy...good luck!!

and now i realise this is an old post...never mind breastfeeding older babbys is good and if you are still feeding your producing enough...hee hee :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->