how do i make myself forget how desperately i want to be pregnant?

Destiny08

Reaction score
its silly really. i havent even been trying that long. but i have a history of depression and this whole idea of not having a period, possibly not ovulating, having to wait till i have been off implanon for 6 months before the dr will do anything, watching my 2 closest friends get pregnant and have their second babies...is really getting me down and well...its started feeling a little like im getting back to the depressed stage. and well. ive been off anti depressants for a few months now and i dont want to go back there!
im not gonna stop trying. but how do i take my mind off it? how do i like...carry on with my life without bursting into tears when my friend talks about her 1 week old or my other friebd talks about her 13 week pregnancy scan or her sister in laws last 4 weeks of pregnancy? :( just really down...

I constantly feel the same way... We have been trying 9 months now. My only advice is to keep busy, busy, busy. Get so focused on something else you love that you don't have time to think about it. That is the only way I survive.

Baby dust to you hun.

I completely understand. I have tendencies to be depressed too and TTC has completely taken over my life. The way I look at things though is that everything happens for a reason even if we never know what that reason is. I also believe that when things are meant to be they will be.

You need to remain positive, you will get pregnant when it's meant to be. That's what my husband and my mum keep telling me.

Ladies, I understand depression and I know that ttc is definitely something that adds extra stress and anxiety. Please take it easy on yourselves. I know that is easier said than done, but you will really benefit ttc-wise and personally. I agree that you should find something else to get involved in. Find something that has nothing to do with ttc or babies or people who will talk about babies. :thumbup: Make sure you take some time out every day to focus on something else in your life that you can see progress on or something that makes you happy. Talk to people in your life whom you trust if you have serious thoughts or at least to people on here. Understand that it's not your fault and that ttc is very hard for some people and that you will overcome this. :thumbup: I also recommend spending time away from people or things that remind you about ttc or babies too much especially if it is upsetting to you. I'm not saying completely avoid friends/family, but try to distance yourself when you know it will bother you. I also suggest coming up with a list of attainable goals that you can accomplish over time. Some can be small and others large. Try to hold yourself to accomplishing at least one a month. Feeling success and staying busy will be more fulfilling. I hope each of you get your BFP very soon. Remember people are here to talk throughout the process. :hugs:

thanks for all the replies :) im sure my friends will understand to be honest if i explain it to them! also got my husband to sign me up for the gym last night :) i weigh 34lbs more than i did when i got pregnant with DD. and 8lbs more than i did at 9months pregnant. so im determined to lose that weight (without being excessive ofc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->