• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How do I motivate myself! ?

lora123

Reaction score
I spend all day on here, another baby forum and watching baby related programs on tv and reading baby things online etc! !
How can I motivate myself to put my excitement aside for a little while and do something else! ?
I'm in the middle of doing a course, but can't bring myself to sit down and focus on it!
Luckily I'm back to work in a week as I feel like I'm wasting my life with not doing anything constructive - any tips. .. or am I just really crazy? !

If this is ure first ure probably jus really excited lol. Its my second and I have times when I'm looking at baby stuff all day lol. I'm sure u'll start pulling it together and have a routine again.

Congrats on the pregnancy :)

Yes its my first pregnancy :)
Just wish I could concentrate on my coursework. .. I'm gonna fail at this rate!

You know if you really need to do coursework could you set little goals and treat yourself after with a program or a half hour on here?
It's probably a sign you need to take it easy anyway as first tri is exhausting so don't be too hard on yourself. Xx

I'm like this too. It's a double-edged sword. I want to focus on the baby stuff and it makes me happy. Then I feel bad for not being motivated to do other things that I legitimately need to do, so I feel guilty. And guilt breeds procrastination! Baby stuff makes me happy, the other stuff is bumming me out- So the cycle continues...

I tend to be an all or nothing kind of person. It's hard for me to shift my focus when I'm really into something. I combat this by setting small manageable goals and by remembering to be gentle with myself. Nobody can be harder on you than you after all.

Maybe breaking things down into bite sized pieces would help. Or, setting a timer and scheduling your time? <---hard to stick to, but worth a shot!

Sending my best!

I'm glad others feel the same!
I will finish my course in august.
It's mostly distance learning - so home based study. Which means lots of self motivation which apparently I'm lacking at the moment!
Tomorrow I am going to sit myself down before lunch and get some done in the morning. At least then I should feel a little less lazy!
The tiredness has really hit me this week too, after lunch I just wanna curl up for a nap, so hopefully morning study will mean I can nap guilt free in the afternoon!

I'm glad others feel the same!
I will finish my course in august.
It's mostly distance learning - so home based study. Which means lots of self motivation which apparently I'm lacking at the moment!
Tomorrow I am going to sit myself down before lunch and get some done in the morning. At least then I should feel a little less lazy!
The tiredness has really hit me this week too, after lunch I just wanna curl up for a nap, so hopefully morning study will mean I can nap guilt free in the afternoon!

Lol ohh okk. Well u have about a good month to pull it together. Thats the only thing about the first trimester the laziness and exhaustion kicks in lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"