How do I tell?

x_manxie_x

Reaction score
Ok I realise this sounds really stupid :blush: but how do I know if I'm having contractions?? Ive had lower back pain most of the afternoon but it's constant and every so often I get quite a sharpish pain in my lower abdomen which then dies down...and my bump does feel tight but I'm not sure whether it's just the way the babys lying. I've had loads of pressure there for ages so I can't tell whether it's just that :dohh: oh I'm awful :rofl: but it is my first baby so I haven't a clue what to expect! Any suggestions would be appreciated x

Hi there! I was wondering the same thing don't worry... I've been super healthy my all pregnancy but since 2 days I have exactly what you describe (lower back pain, sharp pain in the abdomen, tightenings), I also feel miserable, with nausea, mood swings and my baby is lower... But how could we know?? lol! I said to my LO, until the water breaks I'm not going to the hospital, because those things can be a sign that's it's gonna happen in a week,or 2 or in 2 days.... So my advise to you (to me) take every symptome as it comes and wait for a big sign of labour before thinking that this is it, it's near now lol! Like this we don't get too decepointed ;-)
I just hope we're close and those BH will be the real ones soon!
Take care! xxx

well... sounds like me.. right now mine are BH, but I did go into premature labor.. contractions are tight.. if you pook yourself right next to your belly button does ur fingers make an indent? If its hard it won't do much of an indent.. ull have pressures..i didn't have backpains when i went into premature labor.. but i do now with BH.. wierd. keep me updated. hope this helps some... also talk with ur doc.

I have had this for three weeks and still now joy. The midwife says it is the body preparing.

I have had this for three weeks and still now joy. The midwife says it is the body preparing.

Super :hissy: :hissy: I hope it won't be that long I'm due in 3 weeks lol, come on little man lol!!
Like you said joy of the pregnancy isn't it?? xx

Yep sure is, but to be honest he has to come at some point so even if you do go overdue don't stress to much. Life goes too quick to be wishing it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->