How do I wean from powdered to cow's milk?

EMYJC

Two boys and unexpected BFP!
Reaction score
Bit of a dozy question I know but I am trying to get Lucas onto cow's milk and am wondering when I make the bottle up how do I do it? If a 6 oz bottle e/g and I wanted half and half would I use 3oz water with powdered milk then 3 oz cows or make up 6 oz cows and add 3 scoops powder?? Sorry but I am clueless! x He won't take it currently.

With Thomas I weaned him over a 3 week period. First week he had 75% formula & 25% cow's milk, 2nd week, 50-50, 3rd week 75% cow's milk & 25% formula, then 4th week 100% cow's milk. To make the bottle add however many oz's water you need & appropriate scoops of formula, then top up with cows milk.

Thankyou and sorry to seem so dumb! :) Congrats on the new pregnancy x

i didn't mix the milk at all :shrug: she had formula in morning and at night, i offered cows milk at lunch and dinner.. after a week she was all bottles were cows milk! suppose it does depend if LO likes the taste! x

I started my mixing it 50-50 (3 oz of cow milk + 3 scoops of formula in 3 oz of water), then I started reducing the amount of formula until he was drinking cow milk only. Now he drinks it with no problems.

we gradually reduced the made up formula and gradually increased the cows milk; so we had 7oz of formula and 1 oz of cows milk in the same bottle - then 6oz formula and 2 oz cows milk etc etc. We did this over about two of three weeks to get my lo's little belly used to it then she was on cows milk. she preferred it for a while but now her milk intake is reducing due to full proper meals.

I have started giving Emily one sippy cup a day with maybe 40z of cows milk in it. I plan on introducing milk a little more each week !

my hv told us not to mix milk just to try offering it at lunch x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->