How do OPK tests work?

BusyMomma

Reaction score
My SO and I are TTC and have been for about 3 months. My period has been effed up since going off bc and my cycles are like 14 days, which would explain why I haven't gotten pregnant. This month I decided I'd try OPK's because I had no idea if my body was even trying to ovulate.

I didn't get them until yesterday (day 13 of my cycle) and the one I took yesterday morning was positive. I took another today and the second line is even darker. Once I ovulate, will that line go away? Or does it stay dark during ovulation? I have never used these before and am kind of lost on how they work.

I dont feel like typing it all out but have a look at this website.

www.peeonastick.com

It is the website that taught me EVERYTHING about OPKs before I had personal experience with them.

good luck hun! and a 14 day cycle?? that sounds awful! Might wanna have a chat with your Dr about that one. xx

14 day cycles are awful! lol. I've talked to my doctor about it, he said to just wait it out and give my body a chance to readjust. I got mirena last march and it made me sick so I got it out in May and went on the bc pill I was on before my son. It made me super moody so the next month I went on OrthoLo, which still made me really moody so in July I went on the mini pill. It messed my body up so in the end of August we decided we were ready for another baby and didn't want to deal with all the bc's anymore. Then in the beginning of October I proceeded to go back on bc at the urging of my doctor to help with ovarian cysts and it only lasted 2 weeks before I realized I would much rather deal with cysts than the havoc bc reeks on my body! lol

Anyway, I've done so many different bc methods in such a short time that my body is just horribly confused. I'm trying to be patient and let it regulate itself :)

My SO and I are TTC and have been for about 3 months. My period has been effed up since going off bc and my cycles are like 14 days, which would explain why I haven't gotten pregnant. This month I decided I'd try OPK's because I had no idea if my body was even trying to ovulate.

I didn't get them until yesterday (day 13 of my cycle) and the one I took yesterday morning was positive. I took another today and the second line is even darker. Once I ovulate, will that line go away? Or does it stay dark during ovulation? I have never used these before and am kind of lost on how they work.

The opk will almost always LOOK positive for most women bc we always have LH in our system, the only time it'll be positive is if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line :flower:

Oh, also, don't use FMU (usually)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"