how do people feel about others touching your bump? *slight rant*

kes_a

Reaction score
ok so i may sound like a total cow but im one of those people who really doesnt like other people in my space.im not a very huggy person and i dont particually like people touching me.it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

only person im happy to let touch and cuddle me is my husband.

so yes i HATE people touching my bump.esp when they havnt asked if its ok.and it really grinds on me when my MIL touchs me and my bump as and when she feels like it.i dont evan let my own mum touch my bump.not that my mum would with out making sure im fine with it.

makes my skin crawl when she starts talking all cutesie to my bump going 'come on Cody move for nanny' always makes me laugh how he never does though.evan if his awake haha

i don't like it, its for my and DH.
my sister is 11 and one day she had her hands on me constantly i actually told her to get the hell off of me. I felt bad because i made her a bit upset but i couldn't fing stand it.
shes always nagging me to feel or look even yesterday i simply said no way. Most people dont ask or touch me tho dont know why i just am lucky i spose lol. 2 old ladys like to feel my bump but i only see one of them (my bosses mum) once a week and my boss just rolls his eyes and we have a laugh after and the other i have seen about once a month..

p.s i am glad i live no where near MIL or extended family lol that might be another story if i did..

I luckily haven't had many people try and those that have I don't mind. There are some people that I really wouldn't like to touch me though, such as my MIL so I know how you feel.... Hey let's think ourselves lucky that we are pregnant through winter so mainly when were outside and in public we have coats on as I have heard alot if women getting strangers touching their bump.

Can you not ask your hubby to drop some hints to his mum saying you don't like people touching your bump? At least you don't have much longer left now then your body will be yours again and not everyone elses to touch :) xx

Your tummy is a part of your body that most people, most of the time, wouldn't dream of touching - but when you're pregnant, you're right, it does seem like it becomes public property! There's something magnetic about it that attracts people, and makes them want to stroke you....

I remember being incredibly freaked out when an old women started rubbing my tummy in Tesco's when I was pregnant with my son. I'd like to think I'd have the balls this time to say "Please don't do that" but I'm a chicken and would probably just flinch and grimace until they stopped!!

I'm ok with my son and husband touching my bump, but no one else really... In fact, I was looking up spa treatments earlier, and at one place they offer a 'Yummy Tummy Treatment' where a therapist rubs oils into and massages your bump - the thought of that makes me really cringe!!

im so glad im not the only person who feels like this. ive been lucky as not many people have wanted to touch bump.a few ladies at work mainly but they have always asked and have always been polite and quick about it which i dont mind to much.
i dont live near the MIL thank god or i would prob end up snapping at her like i did her ex husband once.she knows i dont like people in my space so dont no why she feels she has the right to do it.

only other people i dont have issues with are the midwives but i think thats because they do it to check his ok in there and they dont get all broody about it

i don't like it, its for my and DH.
my sister is 11 and one day she had her hands on me constantly i actually told her to get the hell off of me. I felt bad because i made her a bit upset but i couldn't fing stand it.
shes always nagging me to feel or look even yesterday i simply said no way. Most people dont ask or touch me tho dont know why i just am lucky i spose lol. 2 old ladys like to feel my bump but i only see one of them (my bosses mum) once a week and my boss just rolls his eyes and we have a laugh after and the other i have seen about once a month..

p.s i am glad i live no where near MIL or extended family lol that might be another story if i did..

yes im the same it was always something special between my husband and me,until the MIL came along one day and ruined it for me with her need to smother bump and not take her hand off until she felt something grrr it really upset me not that i could say anything

Its more akward for me than anything.. Like I sorta dont know what to do. The girls at school are always touching it and half the time theyll come from behind me so I dont even know who it is....

Some arsewipe guy tried to touch me tummy when i was out last week, i nearly took his head off

its so rude isnt it.if people really want to touch that bad they should politely ask first.its just manners.how would they like it if we went and started rubbing our hands over them lol

I'm definitely in the 'don't touch me' camp. I absolutely hate it. I'm not particularly touchy feely at the best of times so I don't see why people think they have a right to touch me now I'm pregnant.

I have been known to growl (loudly) at people touching me without permission! Thankfully the MIL seems to have gotten the point, and no longer tries to touch me haha.

i wont be seeing the MIL until after his born now.and the husband told her we wasnt having visitors and was going to go see people on our terms :happydance:

My FIL who I don't like and he doesn't really care for me either has touched my bump twice and I froze in shock the last time and my MIL yelled at him not to do that and I started to laugh I am so thankfull that she did that!

I love my OH, sis and mum touching my bump, same goes for a couple of close friends and it doesn't bother me either but I wouldn't stand for a total stranger coming up to me touching my bump.

Last week a work colleague touched mine so I touched hers back (she is not pregnant). She was like 'oh I guess you're sick of people doing that?' so got the message across loud and clear. I'm happy with DH and my mum touching to be honest but not MIL (I'm sorry but don't feel as comfortable
With her as I do with my mum) or anyone else. My tummy is still part of me thanks very much

Strangers and a few general acquaintances at work are off limits for me. Otherwise I've let my family (parents, sisters, younger nieces and nephew etc) feel her kick--they are 12 and 9 and they really love to feel her, and I like to share that with them. Close friend are fine with me and some of my coworkers who are friends. But yeah, I haven't had a stranger do it and dont' think i'd like it. People do take liberties with pregnant women with touching their bellies. It's so weird....like your belly is public property?

Last week a work colleague touched mine so I touched hers back (she is not pregnant). She was like 'oh I guess you're sick of people doing that?' so got the message across loud and clear. I'm happy with DH and my mum touching to be honest but not MIL (I'm sorry but don't feel as comfortable
With her as I do with my mum) or anyone else. My tummy is still part of me thanks very much

Never thought of that response...that's a good one!

nobody has touched mine(yet), but if they do i will be swiftly moving away from them!. our tummies are still our bodies and i for one dont like my personal space invaded, im just not like that!

I dont like mine being touched unless its me or OH. She will only move for him anyway! I had a guy i used to work with try to touch me so i stepped back and he didnt reach and he obviously felt a bit awkward as he hid in his office for the rest of the morning.

I don't have problems with people touching my bump but no guys and no touching without permission. Once I've given you permission, touch away!

Despite this, no one has asked me in all this time I've been pregnant! How odd!

I dont like it either the only people that can touch my bump is me, My mum and the midwife!...Some person tried touching my bump the other day on the bus and well I dont think she will touch ANY pregnant women bump again without asking after I had ago at her saying that im not public property... I was having a bad day that day =]

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"