how do people feel about others touching your bump? *slight rant*

I've never had anyone but DS and DH touch my bump and wouldn't want it any other way but last week my MIL kinda tapped it (in a jokingly manner) and I instantly felt dirty, like she touched my bits! :haha:

anyone who knows me well woudlnt even bother to ask if they can as they know the answer will be a firm NO!

Last time i was in the place i used to work i was chatting away to some of the locals and one of the older said 'can i touch cos i cant remember what it feels like' i almost fell over... as did the rst of them, they told him he cant ask things like that (he's not a friend he was a bloody customer and a creepy one at that). We all laughed it off but about half hour later i was adjusting myselft and he said 'oh is she moving' and lent in to feel bump... i took a huge step back and told him to f-off. Then the other told him you just dont do that especially someone like him and to someone like me (i will point out that i was told he was sent to prison 40+ years ago for something to do with children too)

Everyone hesitates to touch me, even my mum... Hubby is ok and SIL waits til i say go on but never asks.

in my opinion.... My body-my space-my bump-my baby-I'M NOT A FREAKING BUDDA AND I WILL NOT BRING YOU GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

xx

At first it was just OH touching my tummy, and when I went to see mum and brother, they sat their for a while seeing if baby would kick,
But theres been a few women recently who are friends of MIL who just came up to me and touched my stomach.. I didnt know what to do..
I dont really like MIL touching my stomach as it is, but for her to just like invite her mates to touch me? I felt kinda dirty.. =/
It freaks me out even if my friends touch my stomach,

I thought I would have more of a problem with it, but I've actually been okay with it. Only with my family though. My brothers and sister and best friend are allowed to touch all they want (I put it to us being so close while growing up...I mean, we took baths together, eat and drink after each other...so I guess that's why it doesn't bother me). And then my mom is always touching and talking to the baby. Other than my immediate family and best friend, no one is allowed to touch, and I let them know that. My dad doesn't touch it though. We've never had a touchy feely relationship, no hugging or anything after I hit puberty, lol. But I still know he's excited soo..

Was awkward and didn't like it at first. Didn't expect ppl to even attempt it - but they did!

Now I'm due any day it makes me so so cross. But i've got more and more protective over our LO - nobody but my OH has right to touch my bump and I invite anyone else - only been my parents/in-laws to feel when she's moving.

Now I deal with it by crossing my arms over my bump and making it clear it's not an option.

Got 'got' by a completely stranger at the shops which left me stunned and then cross. She walked passed us in the car park and touched my bump and told me I would have a boy - (shows what she knows!)
How rude is that! Her hands were like lightening! I didn't get a chance to body check her or put her in a head lock ;) lol!

I've decided to get assertive tho because some ppl will assume they can touch her/hold her when she's born and that will just not be happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->