How do u know what your cycle length is? Or is that a dumb question?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by Clucky as, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Clucky as

Clucky as Well-Known Member

I'm still fairly new at this I stopped the pill April 1st. And I am desperate for a child. I see them everywhere, do u ever feel completely surrounded? The whole cycle length, chart watching temperature taking thing, I don't know where to start. Can someone give me some pointers please? I've been told buy friends just to relax and not think about it . Haha that's really funny how an u relax when u are tcc any way any advice at all would be appreciated

2. BH040

BH040 Well-Known Member

I haven't done the bbt charting thing but to figure out your cycle length you count from the first day of your period, not spotting but full blown af and count until I think the day before your next period starts and that is your cycle length. Most people ovulate between 12 and 21 days after the start of their period. So if you want to use an OPK, I for instance started on day 11 and continue until I get a positive test or test until day 22 just to be safe. Not everyone ovulates every cycle unfortunately. Good luck! I hope that helps at least a little.

3. Clucky as

Clucky as Well-Known Member

Thanks that does help a little, I think I'm fairly irregular so it will be hard to do all that stuff. At least having a little info and a fair bit of baby dancing lol. And we might have a bit of luck. I'm gonna give the temps and stuff a go after I get af this month.