how do u know when baby is head down

karenh24

3rd tri
Reaction score
so today my babys movements have all been really low down and just feels different how can you tell when baby is head down.i know there still plenty of time so he'l prob move again just wondered

I actually don't know if you can feel it. I only know mine is because I was told during an ultrasound to check fluid levels.

thanx, i've got a scan in 3 weeks so will know then was just curious

Sorry I have not got a clue...we were told he was head down at 20 weeks then when I was at labour ward 2 weeks ago with bleeding they confirmed this but I try to feel like the Midwives do..but I have not got the foggiest how they feel where what is :haha:

How did you go about getting a scan booked in? I have a MW app tuesday and I want a scan due to the bleeding but not sure if they will give me one?

My midwife just told me, I didnt no you could feel head being down, although when I was having Freya sometimes I use to fall to my knees cos I use to have some sort of spasm or something? Works out baby was on a nerve

Sorry I have not got a clue...we were told he was head down at 20 weeks then when I was at labour ward 2 weeks ago with bleeding they confirmed this but I try to feel like the Midwives do..but I have not got the foggiest how they feel where what is :haha:

How did you go about getting a scan booked in? I have a MW app tuesday and I want a scan due to the bleeding but not sure if they will give me one?

My consultant booked it, i was having cervical scans due to a previous loss at 22 weeks. i stopped having those at about 23 weeks and then my consultant said she'd book me in just to check on baby, growth, position etc
Im sure if you mention it to the midwife she should be able to refer u for a scan, i can understand u'd be concerned so im sure she'l understand as well

I knew when I didnt feel her jumping on my bladder anymore. No more urges to go pee bad and no more sharp bladder pains. Doctor confirmed it and the ultrasound tech. Oh and her heartbeat was below my belly button but Im not sure if that matters or not.

My consultant booked it, i was having cervical scans due to a previous loss at 22 weeks. i stopped having those at about 23 weeks and then my consultant said she'd book me in just to check on baby, growth, position etc
Im sure if you mention it to the midwife she should be able to refer u for a scan, i can understand u'd be concerned so im sure she'l understand as well
Sorry to hear about your loss. and Thank you, yeah will put it to her on Tuesday.

I knew baby was head down because when he was breech I could feel his head right under my ribs! Now I feel feet :) Him being head down actually made me have to pee more! His head is down there which is A LOT more pressure then his little feet! I've felt like I have more room too.... when his head was up under my ribs it was hard for me to bend forward because of his head, now I feel like I have more room up there. I think he is also engaging too which is causing the frequent urination and more room up top!

the past 2 days all his movements have been really low down, i never know which way round he is i cant really tell by his movements my consultant told me on the last visit he was transverse which i could tell because i was feeling kicks and punches on both sides n now no clue

I felt what felt like him trying to escape so assumed I was breach but apparently he is head down (confirmed by scan) and his head bopping or him putting his hand above head is causing the kicks down there x

yh i have that feeling like his tryna escape down there will be interesting to see where he actually is when i get my scan

Do you ever notice light bumps down in your coot area? When my baby has hiccups it feels so weird because her head is like right at my pubic bone. Also when I lay on my side and she moves I think its her hands, shes OBSESSED with those things, I can feel them way down there as well and its weird.

Do you ever notice light bumps down in your coot area? When my baby has hiccups it feels so weird because her head is like right at my pubic bone. Also when I lay on my side and she moves I think its her hands, shes OBSESSED with those things, I can feel them way down there as well and its weird.

Yh that area is where im feelin theses movements for the past 2 days lol where as when he was transverse they were on the sides

Than chances are baby's head is down. My daughter went down around 26 weeks.

You will probably get movements higher up which will be the feet etc. Also when my first baby was heads down (towards the end) I could actually feel him like he was moving head from side to size very low down (extremely strange feeling) :)

x

Thanx everyone, my placenta's anterior so i think thats why i can't tell where he is as much

I think LO is still head down, he was a week ago at the scan. I can feel a big lump (the butt) near the top of my uterus.. small flickers (arms?) down low and bigger kicks around the middle of bump. But they flip back and forth at this stage, two weeks ago he was butt down and I had no idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->