how do you bribe a midwife?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by loopdido, Dec 11, 2009.

1. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

i have an appt tomorrow morning where I will be 39+4......i have had 2 hind water leaks since 36 weeks and lost my mucous plug with some blood 11 days ago. I have had periods of regular painful tightenings during the evening and nights which go on for a few hours then mysteriously stop several times, but lead nowhere. My cervix is quite low and shortened, it feels slightly open on the outside (yep I can tell, haven't stuck finger in or anything, lol).

anyway back to the original question, how do you bribe a mw to give you a sweep? They don't usually do it til 41 weeks, which will be the 22nd dec for me, bit to close to Xmas if it takes a while to get going/start anything......they usually set induction dates for 10 days passed due date, which is Xmas day for me, so they said they'd leave me 14 days, which is 29th! I don't like the idea of being left that long overdue and hate the idea of dissapearing Xmas day and if i go naturally then and missing my lil man opening his pressies!:cry:

It's just gonna be down the the mood of the mw tomorrow isn;t it!:dohh:

2. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

dont know if sweeps worked for you in the past but havent worked for me yet!

But i wait with anticipation the answer because if bubs isnt out by monday i want them to do something before thursday (next appt)

3. claire99991

claire99991 Mum of 2....

you could just ask her really nice if she could check if your cervix was favourable for a sweep and explain whats happend and u dont feel comfy going 14 days overdue, you never know they might have a look and see a sweep would really help things move on a little. xx