• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

how do you bribe a midwife?

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
i have an appt tomorrow morning where I will be 39+4......i have had 2 hind water leaks since 36 weeks and lost my mucous plug with some blood 11 days ago. I have had periods of regular painful tightenings during the evening and nights which go on for a few hours then mysteriously stop several times, but lead nowhere. My cervix is quite low and shortened, it feels slightly open on the outside (yep I can tell, haven't stuck finger in or anything, lol).

anyway back to the original question, how do you bribe a mw to give you a sweep? They don't usually do it til 41 weeks, which will be the 22nd dec for me, bit to close to Xmas if it takes a while to get going/start anything......they usually set induction dates for 10 days passed due date, which is Xmas day for me, so they said they'd leave me 14 days, which is 29th! I don't like the idea of being left that long overdue and hate the idea of dissapearing Xmas day and if i go naturally then and missing my lil man opening his pressies!:cry:

It's just gonna be down the the mood of the mw tomorrow isn;t it!:dohh:

dont know if sweeps worked for you in the past but havent worked for me yet!

But i wait with anticipation the answer because if bubs isnt out by monday i want them to do something before thursday (next appt)

you could just ask her really nice if she could check if your cervix was favourable for a sweep and explain whats happend and u dont feel comfy going 14 days overdue, you never know they might have a look and see a sweep would really help things move on a little. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"