Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Electric steriliser
cold water sterilising
boil
microwave
dishwasher

Just read a lil bit about dishwasher method! At first I thought you'd need to sterilise after but now its looking like you don't that does the job!

In which case I wasted £40 LOL

was going to cold water sterlise this time round but once i brought the stuff i changed my mind, so i have now brought the back to nature steam sterolizer kit

x

Steam, Tommie Tippee!!

Dishwasher??? ew no thanks they make steralisers for a reason!!!!

Just think of the bacteria in a dishwasher!!!!!!

xxx

I hope my dishwasher is clean - I eat off my plates after that. Its not uncommon (search google) 80c water and steamed 'after' wash cycle!

Never heard of doing it that way!!

I'll have a look!

xxx

I did mine cold water

Avent sell dishwasher ok bottles
You buy bottle racks for dishwasher etc

Not sure if its for so earlier mind hence I asked & I think I'd boil teats but wondered ... :D

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/sterilising/

Cleaning your baby's bottles in a dishwasher is becoming more popular but the right temperature for sterilisation will only be reached on a hot programme of 80 degrees C or more.

Avent steam steriliser.

Can I just say its been a god send, used daily for the past nearly 19 months.x

I used the microwave one till 6 months now i just bung the bottles in the dishwasher.

Cold water steriliser, Tommee tippee closer to nature and milton sterilising tablets.

Cx

I used the Avent microwave one, it is sooooo easy and quick. I stopped using it around 13 months and i now just wash in the dishwasher.

Avent sell dishwasher ok bottles
You buy bottle racks for dishwasher etc

Not sure if its for so earlier mind hence I asked & I think I'd boil teats but wondered ... :D
Don't know if this will bother you, but when you put the Avent bottles in the DISHWASHER** (Corrected myself) the food stains the lids mainly and also the while plastic screw bit. It's not a problem, but doesn't look too hygienic. Also, be careful no one puts them on the bottom rack, as this causes the bottles to crack.. we had to buy a whole new set of bottles when someone did this.

I would always sterilise after running them in the dishwasher, just to be on the safe side.

We use the Avent Steam Steriliser, it's great.. does the job.:happydance:

Found this link on someone elses link lol: https://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Policyandg...etopics/Maternalandinfantnutrition/DH_4123674

Pretty good read.

Cold water steriliser with milton fluid. It can also be used as a microwave steriliser but our micro is on top of our fridge freezer, so I don't fancy getting the steriliser out and a face full of boiling water (ouch!)

Don't know if this will bother you, but when you put the Avent bottles in the steriliser the food stains the lids mainly and also the while plastic screw bit. It's not a problem, but doesn't look too hygienic. Also, be careful no one puts them on the bottom rack, as this causes the bottles to crack.. we had to buy a whole new set of bottles when someone did this.

I would always sterilise after running them in the dishwasher, just to be on the safe side.

We use the Avent Steam Steriliser, it's great.. does the job.:happydance:

Found this link on someone elses link lol: https://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Policyandg...etopics/Maternalandinfantnutrition/DH_4123674

Pretty good read.
Lids & teats I think I'd boil! I was also wondering about the dishwasher rinse then sterilising :D However as someone pointed out the dishwasher is hotter than a steriliser and I hope it does what it says it should as far as cleaning & steaming goes for my own benefit lol BUT over all I bought a digi tippee steriliser so I'm using it lol but was curious after I read about it.

Lids & teats I think I'd boil! I was also wondering about the dishwasher rinse then sterilising :D However as someone pointed out the dishwasher is hotter than a steriliser and I hope it does what it says it should as far as cleaning & steaming goes for my own benefit lol BUT over all I bought a digi tippee steriliser so I'm using it lol but was curious after I read about it.
I didn't mean steriliser by the way, I meant dishwasher LOL:dohh:

Don't know if this will bother you, but when you put the Avent bottles in the DISHWASHER** (Corrected myself) the food stains the lids mainly

I was going to say the same thing. Our Tommee Tippee bottles and bits went a weird orange colour after going in the dishwasher. I've been handwashing then steam sterilising ever since.

I was going to say the same thing. Our Tommee Tippee bottles and bits went a weird orange colour after going in the dishwasher. I've been handwashing then steam sterilising ever since.
Yea it's nasty isn't it? every time we were in public I found myself trying to hide the bottle as I didn't want people to think we were a dirty family lmao.:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->