How do you clean your washing machine....

PinkRuby

Reaction score
OH is convinced theres a smell and to be honest ive never cleaned it :blush: so what do i do im guess it goes on a hot wash but what do i put in it?

Everyone in our area gets smelly washing machines but its from the water (as its literally everyone) so we just clean ours every few washes :) some people use white vinegar but I personally use pure lavender oil :)

This site has some good tips

https://www.naturallysavvy.com/cleaning-green/green-laundry-tips

I was wondering this! My washer was brand new, but it's getting annoying now.

I clean the drawer and seal 1st with a cloth and red hot water and bleach, then I put the machine on a full cycle 90 degrees with no clothes.

I clean the drawer and seal 1st with a cloth and red hot water and bleach, then I put the machine on a full cycle 90 degrees with no clothes.

exactly this. i clean the filter out too, found a £20 note in it the other day!!!! :D

I clean draw and then very hot wash with dish washer tab inside (read to on google) x

My son has really bad sensitive skin and eczema so I can't use anything like bleach and cleaners in my washing machine so I have to use the natural methods :) x

90 degree wash with white vinegar then :) natural, will remove smells and clean........get your Kim & Aggie on :lol:

how much white vinegar do you put in?

i read on google that you can use bicarbonate of soda does that sound right? would it be ok to use bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar as i think it could do with a good clean

you'd have thought it got cleaned everytime you do a wash seeing as it does rinse cycles!!

we use bicarbonate of soda or soda crystals, i give the whole inside and clean and put some paste on the seal (to get rid of mould) and then put some more in the tray and put it on a 90 degree wash x

I clean the door and rims first and anything i can physically see to clean, then i do a 90 degree wash with bicarbonate soda.

People clean washing machines :shrug:

I have never cleaned a washing machine in my life, really feel like I should now though :blush:

I didnt know i was supposed to :haha:

Mine doesnt smell though. In my last house it did but not here. Something to do with the water i think.

I pull the drawer out and clean that when i see a build up of the detergents though.

I clean the door and rims first and anything i can physically see to clean, then i do a 90 degree wash with bicarbonate soda.

How much bicarbonate of soda do you put in and where do you actually put it? Thanks :flower:

I put bicarb soda in mine on a hot wash. Heard white vinegar or lemon is also meant to be good. :flower:

I use a hot wash mostly, just with normal washing detergent. you can buy washing machine cleaner fluid, which works well. it is worth getting a descaler if you live in a hard water area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->