how do you co-sleep?

I just put Hayden between me and Mark...though sometimes that's not recommended because alot of the time dads aren't as aware but Mark is completely aware of him being there it's completely safe with Mark being there :D But I put him below my pillow and he slept really close to me

I place LO on which ever side I plan on feeding next and have my body in a c-shape around him. I look for pics and found this one as similar to the position I sleep with LO.

https://www.betterforbabies.com/images/TresTria_co-sleep.jpg

are you not worried that you will squash him? i want to give it a go but not sure. thanks for pic? x

I never put him between me and OH cos OH would squish him, lol, he sometimes almost elbows him when I'm feeding him in my arms! If i co-sleep I try to be on the middle of the bed or if OH isn't here then I lie on one side and have LO in the middle of the bed. I face him obviously and then lie parallel to him and he lies with his head/neck on my upper arm like a pillow. I used to curl round him but he doesn't like it now cos he likes to stretch out and he's too long for me to do it so he kicks at me til I straighten out next to him. I also remove all pillows from the bed apart from one under my head, and I have the duvet over my body and then tucked under me so there's no way he can get in it/under it/suffocate etc. I'm VERY paranoid about co-sleeping so go to extreme lengths to avoid hazards, lol, it doesn't have to be that difficult!

hey hun i used to do it occasionally and the pic above is exactly how we slept, i was so aware she was there i never even moved whilst sleeping the only reason we stopped was she kept getting too hot! xx

are you not worried that you will squash him? i want to give it a go but not sure. thanks for pic? x

No, not worried about squashing him because my knees were bent and my arm in front, so I couldn't roll that way. I found I would always wake up in the position I fell asleep in. Also, I'm a fairly light sleeper so I'd always wake when he starts fussing and just have to put my boob in his mouth, then fall asleep again. I was normally asleep before he finished feeding.

i do it now n again when i cant settle him bk in the cot but i dont sleep properly its awful im so aware hes there, if hes in between us im worried OH slinging his arms bout :?so i havehim on my side, which hurts my back cos i darent turn round, i defo prefer him in the cot x

I have Ozzie in an Arms Reach Co Sleeper cot (not me in pic :D)

https://www.inhabitots.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jillpeteycosleeper11.jpg

I don't curl round Dexter anymore cause he's getting too big and doesn't like it. I sleep at one side of the bed and he sleeps at the other. He'll roll/crawl to me in the night for boob, then he rolls away to his own side again lol.

Oh, and he's always slept under the duvet with me. He'll kick it off if he's too hot, but mostly he's quite happy under there. :)

ah im so worried im going to squish my baby or something! wanted to give it a try though as hes not settling anywere else

i sleep on the outside of the bed and her in the snuggle nest on the inside, im single so have a double bed so plenty room, just have duvet over me.
https://www.safetots.co.uk/uploads/product_detail/Vkw_snuggle nest.jpg

she wont settle in her cot yet but im going to try the snuggle nest in the cot soon,

I tried this this mornign for the very first time. Have always been terrified I'd squish him, but LO woke up mega early and I was too tired to get up and amuse him so put him in the bed to sleep instead. Other posters were right - you are very aware that hes there, I don't think I moved a muscle the whole time...and we all got a lie in yay!!!!!

As time goes on you become more comfortable too. I was always worried in the beginning but now it doesn't even cross my mind that something could happen to my LO. He's also very big for 5months -- 20lbs. I share covers with him but in a controlled fashion by using the leg closest to him and pinning it down. I <3 co-sleeping.

We are probably awful but it works for us. :haha:

I got this big 4 sided changing pad at my Baby Shower so we put it between us on the bed and Baby Jack sleeps on that. LOL (See picture below but we do not use the seatbelt, obviously. LOL)

https://base0.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=https://img.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1000601_92040_A_400.jpg&size=20&dhm=f908fb09&hl=en

Now he is a bit better about humoring himself so once we get a monitor, we will put the little man in his crib in his own room.

I place LO on which ever side I plan on feeding next and have my body in a c-shape around him. I look for pics and found this one as similar to the position I sleep with LO.

https://www.betterforbabies.com/images/TresTria_co-sleep.jpg

Thats virtually how i do it but jax is higher up, & led on my arm ( the one under her head ) & you really dont move an inch You wake up exactly how you fell sleep the slightest movement he makes im aware of. I find i sleep better actually with him next to me, where as when hes in basket i get little sleep as im listening for him or i keep checking on his movements or breathing. Sometimes during night ill get him off my arm, I have double bed so ill sleep at one side & hes in middle with his head where a pillow would be & hes under my duvet with my arm over him inbetween duvet & him.

I don't curl round Dexter anymore cause he's getting too big and doesn't like it.

My LO is starting to getting bigger and doesn't fit like he used to. But if I leave one leg bent (the one on the mattress), and the other straight, he just kicks his legs up to rest on my thigh, which ends up being the perfect position for him to let out any gas. He usually wakes us both up in the morning with some loud toots! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->