how do you cope with been tired and no sleep????

emiliasmummy

Reaction score
i am so tired 5 and hal weeks of only about 4hr sleep a night and now a week of 6hr broken sleep .... im a zombie and feel like i cant fuction anymore how do u ladies manage to act normal xxx

lol i have honestly drank my weight in the stuff i dont have blood cells no more just caffine ones x

Not very well at all :(
I said to my OH when he came in, she's all yours for 2 hours I'm going to sleep, I don't care what she does just do not wake me up! Sounds selfish but I felt like a new person after.
Can you have someone watch her for you?
Hope you get some sleep soon xx

I have to limit my caffeine as I'm bf :cry:

Some days I have no idea how I will get through but I always do! I just try to be kind to myself and relax while Isaac catnaps (I mean, sleeps :dohh:)

It gets easier xx

Try and get the odd nap in during the day if you can. I get so tired I feel hungover. Can't blame LO though as she sleeps 11 hours at night, it's just me who can't sleep. I keep waking up virtually every hour throughout the night and I feel absolutely shattered by the time the morning comes.

well for me its redbull redbull redbull but im finding its not working anymore, im absolutely shattered, like urself i only get a 4 hour sleep at most im so drained, i do all the night feeds as OH works nights so its taking its toll on me with 2 other kids to look after also, its been 7 and half weeks and im really hoping that soon LO will get into a longer sleeping pattern soon but if she is anything like my eldest daughter she wont sleep through the night till she is 1 year old lol xx

I keep telling myself " I am full of energy" over and over again. I haven't had a full night of unbroken sleep since my 2nd trimester so I am beyond tired. Lately I've realized I am abit more irritable and quick tempered so I have to keep an eye on that lol x

Luckily Isobelle has STTN since 9weeks old UNTIL now!! :cry:

So I am back to feeling like I have a newborn and cant function at all, I feel like I have a hangover, if only!!

xx

In my case breakdown in tears at my mums, then have chocolate spread on toast & a nice cuppa.

Broken sleep is just horrible, and I think I reached my breaking point today :cry:

My LO goes to bed at 7pm then we go at 8pm, she then sleeps til 5.45am but wakes at 11pm an anytime between 2-3.30am for a feed.. she then has a hours nap around 7am which i then get back into bed until she wakes lol.

coffee, showers and getting in bed and taking naps with Ivy! If I am reaally tired I'll take Ivy out for a walk as being out and the fresh air always seems to perk me up.

(I haven't had more than 4 hours sleep in a row for nearly a year so I know what I'm talking about :rofl:)

redbull and lots of it. i constantly feel hungover. i get 5hrs max of unbroken sleep atm, its better than 2hrs :haha:

redbull and lots of it. i constantly feel hungover. i get 5hrs max of unbroken sleep atm, its better than 2hrs :haha:

Redbull too I think I might turn into Gazza with an addiction to it :blush:

I take pro plus in the mornings. I used to have berroca too, which really perked me up! But I had to stop because I noticed it was turning my milk luminous green. For any formula feeding tired ladies though- I highly recommend it!

Other than that the old husband coming home to find me in tears and mumbling incoherently normally bags me a few nights of him helping me so I can catch up.

Other than that the old husband coming home to find me in tears and mumbling incoherently normally bags me a few nights of him helping me so I can catch up.

Heehee, same here. I'll survive for a couple of weeks and then be blubbing like ... erm.. a baby at meltdown point. Hubs will take over and I'll go to bed at 8pm for a couple of nights until I feel back to a point where I can cope again.

I'm sure it must get easier.. hopefully before they reach teenage years!

V
-x-

Fresh air helps me to wake up, lots of caffeine, Im sure if i didn't drink i would get withdrawl symptoms. Lol

i find it hard now Im back at work...... But showers help going to bed by 9pm lol, never really happens though.sleeping when lo sleeps.

I think the last time i had a decent nights sleep was July 2010

One thing that helped me (LO is still not STTN but is doing much better) was to make a morning ritual - every 5:30am wakeup, OH + I had a pot of coffee before he left for work and then I put LO in his jumper and just sat down for a bit, lol.

Plus, low expectations :) Then I was either pleasantly surprised on a good night or not disappointed on the bad ones.

I think I'm just used to it, because although there are some days I feel ridiculously tired, most days I feel ok :shrug:
I haven't slept a whole night since 2nd tri so I think my body has adjusted to functioning on much less sleep.

Cliche alert! It does get better. My LO has only been waking once a night since about 8 weeks and we sleep until about 7 / 7.30. Before that he woke a couple of times in the night and was awake to start the day from about 6am
If I'm sensible and go to bed early I can get 5 or 6 hours of unbroken sleep before he wakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->