how do you cope with broodiness???

skyesmom

Angel Mommy
Reaction score
hey girls, i'm new in the wtt boards, it took ages for me to recover from the two losses we had over the past 3 years in order to dare facing another pregnancy...

...i've been broody ever since my first pregnancy which ended in a m/c, it was hard but manageable. the second loss was beyond devastating, and dealing with depression left me no chance or strength to deal with the baby fever... but now that i've healed and the pregnancy doesn't feel as scary, the broodiness is ramping up and driving me insane.

i feel like my body has been ticking each missed cycle off and telling, screaming, yelling: you are wasting time, another egg is wasted, and so on. times around ovulation and right before my period are the hardest.
i feel emotional and almost physical pain from longing for a baby in my womb and in my arms.

of course i talked about it with my oh and he's warming up to the idea more and more i must say, but i'm afraid of telling him how much this is driving me insane as i don't wanna scare him off.

any suggestions on how to deal with this???? i just want the 2014 to bring us our forever baby!!

I really think guys struggle to relate to how all consuming the need for a baby can be- even more so web you've had a loss. The only way I cope is trying my best to enjoy things I couldn't do pregnant or with a baby. Fingers crossed for you in 2014

Sorry about your losses.
I'm the same with wanting a baby.
So want to try now, but the times not right.
I think a big part of it is silly hormones programmed in us to want babies lol

I'm sorry for your losses. That must have been awful.

I wouldn't be too scared of showing your partner how much this is on your mind. My partner knows all of my inner crazy and it hasn't scared him off which is how I know he's the one for me! He would rather know what is bothering me than have me bottle it up, even if we can't do anything to change the situation.

While we wait to have kids though I like planning non kid friendly holidays and I sort of treat my cat like a fluffy baby (she does not appreciate being rocked but has learned to put up with it!).

So sorry for your loss hun. I've struggled with broodiness since our first loss in 2007 and there are times when it is better than others. I mainly deal with it by concentrating on why we're waiting. We aren't in an ideal home and want to spend some time together seeing the world. Some days I think I would throw all that out the window just to have a baby in my arms. But when the time comes, I want it to be as perfect as possible. I want a home with a drive and a garden - not in the town centre with 4 flights of stairs! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->