How do you cope with nausea in regards to getting out of bed and ready for work?

EBAUERHAUS

2 baby boys!
Reaction score
I am 12 weeks, 2 days, and my nausea is just getting worse.
It's changed from coming in waves and sometimes even disappearing during the day to (after about the 10 week mark) just always being there. I'm throwing up now, too. The first time I threw up was at 9 weeks.

I don't have sick leave right now, so I can't just take work off, and besides that, if I'm just always nauseous there hardly seems to be reason to take work off because I can't do that forever...

So, anyway, mentally I'm starting to get a little worn out and having trouble with coping. I don't want to be at work and I can't stay home.

"They" said this would all be wearing off around 12 weeks.

How have you dealt with morning/all day sickness and work?

I had to eat and drink straight away before I got out of bed. I used to get my husband to bring me toast and water. I also had crackers next to the bed in case I felt sick in the night. I had to eat small amount very regularly all day too. I mean like every hour or two. I sacked mint humbugs in the car, nibbled plain crackers and drank elderflower with sparkling water or fizzy ginger. I found something carbonated helped my stomach. I tried to up my protein as that's meant to be better but I definitely ate more carbs. Some nights I could only manage egg noodles with a little soy sauce, and more than once I cooked for my kids but couldn't stomach eating what I'd cooked myself, mainly when it was strong flavours like curry or mackerel. I hope it passes for you soon. I felt rotten still at 12 weeks but was improving by 14.

Honestly, it was incredibly tough going for me. Although I did take some sick leave and I thankfully could work from home sometimes. Not a huge amount made it better to be honest, my anti-sickness mess did stop most of the vomiting but did nothing for the overwhelming, all day nausea. My OH made me breakfast before I got out of bed, usually something sweet like toast & jam/jelly. I had a cool shower every morning as getting hot made it worse. But I enjoyed freshening up with a shower. After that, it was basically powering through. Not pleasant. The commute was a killer. I stocked up on plain biscuits and crackers to eat at work which I did all day. I also found sour chewy fruit sweets helped a bit. Most days, I cried in the car at lunch time. It was mentally exhausting!

For me, the biggest help with work was telling my manager early on. He was so supportive and kind about the whole thing. He reduced my work load and ignored my work stats for a couple months while I struggled to cope with life! Obviously, this all depends on your job & those you work with!

I hope it passes soon for you!

Thanks all,
I may have to buy myself some more mints and maybe find some less sweet ginger soda to carry with me. I do love carbonated drinks but haven't been able to drink them as my tummy hasn't been able to handle the sugar.
I'm wearing my Seabands, again, for the first time in a few weeks and can't really tell the difference.
It really is mentally taxing... I find even looking at my computer screen makes me want to hurl sometimes. :/ I think it helps to just talk about it and see what everyone else is doing.

So, I try to keep something edible by my bed at all times and even ate a little after I took the dog out around 5am before going back to sleep. Carbs are definitely easier for me as a go to snack, usually, just because they're easier to just keep beside you.
I take my multivitamins at night, as I've heard those can mess you up if you take them during the day.
I drink as much water as I can manage - though the past week it probably hasn't been enough.
I've taken Vitamin B6 and Unisom every day since 7 weeks, I believe. I ran out of Unisom today and don't know if I'll be able to go get more.

Life is just hard sometimes, I guess.
I'm not worried that after I have the baby I'll be looking at this pregnancy and be like, "Well, none of this was worth going through that."

I'm just excited for a baby. I just wish I was extremely rich and could just go home when I'm not feeling it. Sigh.

I had horrid morning sickness with my first pregnancy and couldn't take it. I tried ginger along with other things but it didn't help. My OB put me on zofran and it helped so much as long as I kept up with it I didn't feel nauseous and I stopped vomiting. My morning sickness didn't go away until around 15weeks. I had again this time and went straight to OB who put me on it again and so far so good. It's the only thing that helped me.

My next appointment will be when I'm 14 weeks, so if it's still going on at that point, I may ask for some medicine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->