How do you cope with the insomnia??!!

charlie15

Reaction score
I am coming up to 32 weeks and am so over this not sleeping!! Every pregnancy I get insomnia, but I feel this one is worse, I am living on 2-3 hrs sleep a night and I am exhausted.

Does anyone have any ideas for things that help them? I really feel with me it's more hormonal than anything else. I am uncomfortable now when I go to bed, but that has only readily just kicked in. Had enough! :sleep::cry:

I take half a Unisom and that helps me sleep. I think you should ask your doctor or midwife what you can take. i have always suffered from insomnia (since childhood) so I rely on something to help me sleep or I will only get a few hours of sleep.

No ideas here but just wanted to say I feel your pain. I've been like that for weeks now and it's horrible. Between pregnancy insomnia and SPD pain, sleep just isn't an easy thing right now. Maybe try a warm bath before bed? To see if it helps. Hope it gets better!

Urghh it's so awful isn't it? I find listening to the radio or a guided meditation ( they have loads on YouTube) helps me a lot as just lying in dark silence makes me worse. Distraction seems to be key! X

Urghh it's so awful isn't it? I find listening to the radio or a guided meditation ( they have loads on YouTube) helps me a lot as just lying in dark silence makes me worse. Distraction seems to be key! X

It's funny you say that, I have the Windows and curtains open and a small light on! Have not tried the radio yet though, may give that a go tonight!

I'm also coming up to 32 weeks and experiencing the exact same thing. I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I agree that it is AWFUL. I've never had insomnia before so I'm beside myself that this is happening.

I rub a combination of pure Frankincense oil (1 drop) and 1 tsp of coconut oil into my temples before bed, and anytime I wake up and it helps get me back to sleep. :)

Unisom, ask your doctor but it should be safe.

Well I amazingly managed 7 hours last night! Bath with lavender and lavender in my room with camomile tea! Also likely helped that my OH did not wake me at 6.30 when he gets up for work as he had the day off, so he did the school run ��

However not feeling so optimistic tonight!

I have never heard of unisom, will see if it's available in the UK.

I'm also coming up to 32 weeks and experiencing the exact same thing. I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I agree that it is AWFUL. I've never had insomnia before so I'm beside myself that this is happening.

It is awful! I have always seen it as natures way of preparing you for a newborn! But I got more sleep with a newborn, albeit broken!

I woke up at 3.30 ba haven't been able to go back to sleep! It's the worst 😫

I seem to be having this already at only 12 weeks pregnant. It's driving me mad

I had it bad in the beginning and then it went away about 20 weeks before coming back big time this last couple of weeks. I'm so tired today I can't function!

Yep I have had it since very early pregnancy. But for me it slowly gets worse as I move along! It sucks :hugs:

Yep I have had it since very early pregnancy. But for me it slowly gets worse as I move along! It sucks :hugs:

Oh no I hope mine eases what with my 11 month old waking and me not sleeping I feel like a walking zombie already

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->