How do you cope with your family being complete when you don't feel done?

I'm struggling with this at the moment.. Really hoping the fact it not long given birth means it's hormones. Just had number 4, a gorgeous girl after 3 lovely boys. I was sure I'd feel complete but I just don't feel she's my last!! 5 children is a lot!! We have a 4 bed town house with enough space for them all at 4, my two boys share but it's a big room and we'd probably move by the time they're older anyway plus we like nice holidays abroad and it's already going to become very expensive. I'm a teacher but am really considering a career change so studying again.. Just praying a few months down the line this feeling goes! Dh would have one more so if I feel
This way in a year or so we will but kind of hoping I don't! X

My eldest 2 are horrendous atm. Way worse than a toddler or baby. Jade is easy! That keeps me going, that I have to have teen agers yet!

im not going to try and convince him, he was happy to stop at two! So I've pushed my luck a little bit already. Just things like booking a holiday, it's so much more expensive with each child so I think three is enough. And my mum reminded me the other day I'm going to have three teenagers, all doing GCSEs and a levels at the same time etc. it's gonna be busy! is your oH a definite no?

See these are all such practical reasons, I keep picturing myself with 3 teenage boys and they always seem so big and tall in my head that having another child just seems stupid! I think my oh would be a definite no so that's probably my answer anyway. Plus our marriage is really not good at the minute so even thinking of having another baby (even in the future) is ridiculous

I'm struggling with this at the moment.. Really hoping the fact it not long given birth means it's hormones. Just had number 4, a gorgeous girl after 3 lovely boys. I was sure I'd feel complete but I just don't feel she's my last!! 5 children is a lot!! We have a 4 bed town house with enough space for them all at 4, my two boys share but it's a big room and we'd probably move by the time they're older anyway plus we like nice holidays abroad and it's already going to become very expensive. I'm a teacher but am really considering a career change so studying again.. Just praying a few months down the line this feeling goes! Dh would have one more so if I feel

Hearing your story just makes me even more convinced that I want another, I have 3 boys and would so desperately love to have my baby girl and every time I hear of one family getting their precious girl after 3 boys my heart melts a little bit - I'm so happy for you. Plus im a teacher too so if you can do it so can I???

We definitely don't feel done but we don't have any other choice as I am unable to get pregnant due to my tubal ligation (bilateral fimbriectomy) and reversal isn't an option around here, even if we could afford it and definitely can't afford any other options. It's so hard as OH wants another so badly and I can't give him another :(

Hearing your story just makes me even more convinced that I want another, I have 3 boys and would so desperately love to have my baby girl and every time I hear of one family getting their precious girl after 3 boys my heart melts a little bit - I'm so happy for you. Plus im a teacher too so if you can do it so can I???

Of course u could do it :) I'm only 3 weeks in but things really aren't as hard as I thought they would be. It does help that my older two
Are 9 and nearly 8... . We don't do anything different to conceive her so it's very possible to get that girl after 3 boys!! Good luck if u do go
For it at some point! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->