How do you cope - YOU being poorly?

my oh was away workin for a month (just got back) and i was very ill for a week and had no help with zane but he needed me so i tried my best to push thru it! didnt help he wanted to bounce on my tummy wen i was feelin very very sick :S

:hugs: Hope you feel better soon. Luckily the two times I caught (well I guess lucky) colds were the US thanksgiving so Stan was able to work from home that week--it was so quiet and over Christmas when we were in Texas

theres a horrible flu type virus going round at the minute and i got it last week really bad, fortunately my OH was on leave from work still so he looked after the kids and I basically just rested and fed Lucas...... I hate being ill, with Lilly I had to just get on with it and take rest whenever I could, no clue how i'd cope with 2 of them now

Ive had days when Ive felt rough as but Ive just had to keep going with him because theres no one around to help a lot of time time. My family dont live round here and OHs arent always around. The worst was when Seth had gastroenteritis, Matt was hallucinating in the other room with it, so I was looking after both of them and every few minutes having to go into the bathroom to be sick myself. It was horrendous. Not actually sure HOW I did it lol

Hope you feel better soon hun :( The joys of parenting lol

xxx

I ring my Mum... (and then she ends up getting it too :blush:). Don't know what I'd do without her though.

I also stick the TV on quite a lot if I need to flake out when I'm poorly. Bad Mummy!

That sickness bug is awful. We've had it (twice) and C ended up in hospital on a drip for a few days because she got deydrated. Awful!

Hope you both get better soon.

You just cope (somehow), when I'm sick I let Kathryn watch more tv then usual, put her from jumperoo to play mat to walker, nap/rest when she's napping and hand her to DH when he got home. Oh and I drugged myself up with lots of tylenol and cold meds. What's really bad is when you and your LO are sick at the same time, I don't know how I managed that one while DH was at work, but he had the next day off (don't think I could have done more thatn one day of that in a row!) and by the next day I was feeling better, so it was easier to care for Kathryn.

i normally just tend to spend the day in, try to do the bare min and give maddi lots of cuddles on the sofa, sleep when she sleeps (together :blush:) and watch tv :blush: and call on my mum if possible, hope you feel better soon honey :hugs: x x x

I had a virus a few weeks ago and i couldnt just be ill and crawl off to bed to sleep it off, bless steve he set me up on the sofa but between feeding harry and having dylan prod and poke me with his doctors kit it wasnt exactly restful!!! :lol:

Wll im feeling a bit better after some rest, my main worry was that id been vomiting every half an hour to an hour throughout the night and this morning i just didnt want to pass it on to her, OH has been an absolute godsend, bless him he is shattered.

Now he know what it feels like though :lol:

Both me and Bethanie have had that sickness bug twice now.. it was ok to cope when Sonny was around but when he had to go to work it was so terrible. Everytime Bethanie was having sickness/diarrhea, it set me off gagging and it's so hard to care for a little one when you're ill, let alone when they're ill as well. Then you've got to clean up everywhere and everything they've been sick on.. too much to take sometimes!
I've also had it with my morning sickness (thank god thats gone), where i've been feeling so ill and sitting around gagging/falling asleep.
It's better when they're a bit older, as you can put the tv on for them a bit and they understand that you're feeling rough.

Glad to hear your feeling abit better. Its awful being ill when you have to look after LOs. Just before christmas we was all really poorly for about 2 weeks we couldnt get rid of it. It was so draining, luckly Ellie was happy to sit on my lap, whilst Benn was to poorly to play so was happy to sit watching dvds. I dont know how we coped nobody would come and help because they didnt want to catch the same thing. I just hope we dont get like that again in a hurry!

I'm lucky enough to have my parents, because i live at home if i'm ill, they have him, like in a couple weeks, i've got 2 ops in the space of a week, one of which will leave me in pain / groggy etc for up to 2 weeks :(

I medicated!

I had a nasty cold last week (and still a little sick now)- thankfully not a flu! The worst it got as a bit of hot/cold/sweaty flushes, I took my own temp out of curiosity and I had a very mild temp.

I just took HEAPS of cold and flu medication - the maximum strength, dose and daily allowance, of a cold and flu medication that was suitable for breast feeding.

Without the medication I wouldn't have survived!

It was a family affair also - Jasper got sick first, then me, then my OH! At least my two boys recovered really quickly! I'm the one who's normally got a poor immune system, but addd BFing and sleep deprivation I have no immune defense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->