How do you deal with colds?

Hopeful

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm experiencing my first cold while pregnant...and wow, it sucks! I've been up for two nights because I'm so congested and I slept on the couch last night so I wouldn't bother my husband too much with my sniffles and coughing.

I've been in tears twice because nothing seems to be relieving my symptoms. I've tried showers, baths, herbal tea and I've been in bed so long my body is aching.

I'm very much against taking any medication right now so I'm curious:

What have you found to be effective safe cold remedies during pregnancy??

Try to eat foods rich in vitamin C.Orange juice is good .I hope you'd feel better soon.Its very good that you are against any medication.Some other remedies I know is you stay in bed and you find someone that can rub your back with vix,alcohol.Then u feel warm and that is the time u must stay under your sheets until u sweat.Sweat removes fever.Another solution for sore throat is gargles with chamomile, or salt=lemon and water.Hope I helped!

Becareful with herbal teas - Im pretty sure theres some herb tea/drinks you shouldn't have - Not to scare you but I would say stop those until you've looked it up.

• For a cold with a stuffy nose, try a steam inhalation. With a towel over your head, lean over a bowl of hot water with two or three drops of eucalyptus oil or Olbas oil added and inhale to help clear the congestion. • For a sore throat and cough, make up a soothing drink of hot water, honey and lemon.
Also vicks over a steam bowl of water & lozengas are said to be safe :D

Thanks ladies!

Just as I was posting my husband walked through the door with a bag from the pharmacy...chicken soup, anti viral kleenex, saline nose solution and some breathe right strips. He went to the pharmacist to ask for suggestions...that's why I love him;-) I hoping tonight's sleep is more restful.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks ladies!

Just as I was posting my husband walked through the door with a bag from the pharmacy...chicken soup, anti viral kleenex, saline nose solution and some breathe right strips. He went to the pharmacist to ask for suggestions...that's why I love him;-) I hoping tonight's sleep is more restful.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh what a sweetheart! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->