How do you deal with jealousy and sadness of others pregnancy?

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Were not super long term into trying to concieve but after a chemical pregnancy in August im finding my self very jealous and upset at everyone around mea pregnancy anouncements .

I really really want to be happy for them but its really emotional for me and im having a hard time dealing with it . :(

I have been trying for a yr and a half and last year had 2 losses. I conceived my son in a yr and 3 months of trying so its getting frustrating. Im in the same boat. I have buddied with ppl on here some of them now on my fb and they have had their babies. One of my friends is due to have her baby in december and i just find it really depressing. At one point literally there was someone gettin pregnant every week or at least it felt like it. Then i get the questions of when u trying for no 2. Obviously i dont tell them of my 2 losses or it would be super akward but just say oh im trying. My only advice is to congratulate even when its hard be excited and eventually it gets easier i know thats false but u really dont mean it but in a way u are still grieving and u are happy u just wish it was u as well and there is nothing wrong with that. It gets easier but for me its not totally gone away

I have a 3yr old and I am currently pregnant, however I went through 2 losses this year before I conceived this current pregnancy and of course people all around me were getting pregnant. Even my SIL who had to undergo 2 rounds of IVF for her children (she had been having unprotected sex with her husband for 10yrs during that time with no pregnancies) fell pregnant naturally!

I just told myself that this is my journey and that is their journey so I never compare my life to anyone else's. That's what helped me anyway. I'm a huge believer that we map out our own lives before we are born so I trust that whatever happens, is what I wanted to happen in order to grow in this life. All the best with your journey and I hope you get your BFP soon xx

Thank you . I was feeling guilty for feeling this way. Its so hard to want something so badly .

I'm in the same boat. Im really nervous my SIL will become pregnant before me.

I was in the same boat with many of you. We've been trying for a very long time. I was jealous of all pregnant women and new baby announcements. I broke into tears many times. There was a point when I was even jealous of the people who had CP's or miscarriages.

I would say unfortunately the only cure is time.

Now, my instagram is filled with beautiful pregnant bellies and babies. The images make me happy and inspire me to keep trying.

I was in the same boat with many of you. We've been trying for a very long time. I was jealous of all pregnant women and new baby announcements. I broke into tears many times. There was a point when I was even jealous of the people who had CP's or miscarriages.

Now, my instagram is filled with beautiful pregnant bellies and babies. The images make me happy and inspire me to keep trying.

Good on you, that really shows strength of character! Good for you xx

Thank you . I hope i can get there. But right now its so hard . Its frustrating for me how easy it is for some people

Thank you . I hope i can get there. But right now its so hard . Its frustrating for me how easy it is for some people

I realise it probably looks easy for some people and there may be people you personally know that have fallen quite quickly or easily however you don't know how easy it is for everyone. You might see a pregnant stranger, or several walking down the street and think 'roll eyes - another pregnant person' but the truth is they could have been trying for 5 years or had 10 rounds of IVF. I stand by my original comment, the less we compare ourselves to others, the easier it becomes.

I'm not being judgemental, I hope it doesn't come across like that. I'm just offering you a different perspective.

I've technically only been trying since May so whilst it looks like it happened easily for me, I had to go through 2 losses to get here. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->