How do you do it???

Madilyn68

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks with my second baby. I have been increasingly nauseous ever since my expected ovulation. My firstborn is 14 months and lately has had some nasty stool... I'm alone with her all day as my husband works, and I'm getting to the point where changing her diapers is nearly ending with me vomiting. How do you do it? Does anyone have any tips for overcoming this? Just the thought of trying to change one makes everything start to come up. I feel like such a wimpy mom right now! :cry: Between the nausea and the exhaustion and irritability, it's getting really difficult to take nourishing care of my toddler. :wacko:

Try chewing gum when you change DD, breathe through your mouth, etc.

It is not easy, I am experiencing it with DS right now although luckily when we are home together is after work and DH is usually there to deal with the really gross ones.

Try peppermint (mints or smell an essential oil). It really helps with nausea. I don't have that issue anymore as mine is out of nappies now, but I commute by train every day, which lately is smelling strongly of stale urine. Really awful.

Try chewing gum when you change DD, breathe through your mouth, etc.

It is not easy, I am experiencing it with DS right now although luckily when we are home together is after work and DH is usually there to deal with the really gross ones.

I will give the gum a try! It's been hard on us because when my husband is home I ask him to change them but he has always hated it so he gets frustrated and it builds tension between us. I once thought having one kid was hard! HA!

Try peppermint (mints or smell an essential oil). It really helps with nausea. I don't have that issue anymore as mine is out of nappies now, but I commute by train every day, which lately is smelling strongly of stale urine. Really awful.

I used a lot of doTERRA peppermint through my previous pregnancy because I had some serious morning sickness the entire pregnancy... it did help me quite a bit! But for some reason it won't do a thing for me this time around.
Your train commute sounds absolutely horrible! The thought of that makes me sick, I can't imagine doing it myself!

Madilyn - Since you use Doterra oils, can you make a roller bottle with fennel (or digezten) with wild orange, then filled with FCO. This is the best blend for my upset tummy these days. The wild orange definitely cuts the strong fennel scent.

I agree, peppermint has done nothing for this second pregnancy for me either, except making me want to hurl at the thought of it, because I used it with my first pregnancy.

Seeing the doctor and getting medication was the only thing that made my days bearable, I tried ginger, pressure points/sea bands, b6 and various other natural remedies but none of it did much good.

Just re-read! I thought you had constant nausea! get one of those face masks for DIY and put some essential oils or use a swimming nose pincher!

I just barfed my way through it! It was awful because we cloth diaper so I had to change the diaper and then clean the poop out of the dirty one. Most of the time I could hold it down until the process was complete and then run to the bathroom and throw up, but sometimes I had to throw up halfway through. It helped to change the diaper outside if that's a possibility for you. Good luck, it will get better!

I used the peppermint oil and rolled it on under my nose if I really can't handle it (still nausea in 2nd tri) I plug my nose. It's definitely hard but you'll power through it and adjust to it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->