How do you explain your morning sickness to your other children?

Itsychik

Reaction score
So we haven't told my oldest that we're having another baby yet (would like to wait at least until our first mw appointment tomorrow) but he's been asking questions about why I'm vomiting so much, why I'm wearing certain things (like the 'anti-sickness armbands') and so far I've just been telling him that I've been feeling a little sick, but I was curious what other people tell their children? How do you answer the curious questions?

What a great thread, I will be keeping an eye on this in case anyone has any useful tips. I've been wondering this myself x

My kids haven't seen me vomiting this pregnancy but i have told them that mummy isn't feeling very well at the moment, and that i should start to feel better soon. Im 12 weeks but still not ready to tell them yet as this baby wasn't planned and we had told them we weren't having any more lol so after my scan at 13 weeks ill show them the scan pics and tell them.

I am just blatantly honest or make up a little story that sounds plausible and my son seems understanding :lol: (He is 4)
I told him I felt sick and like throwing up because of the baby. So he concluded the baby must be pushing on my stomach.
When I am tired and need a nap I am telling him making a baby is a lot of work...he also thinks that when I sleep the baby sleeps too and babies need a lot of sleep.
When I eat lots the baby is hungry of course and when I pee often the baby needs to pee. My progesterone tablets are baby food as well as my prenatals.
My stomach hurts because the baby is growing (which is true)

The only thing he does not understand is that I can't lift him up due to complications I had.

I actually told him I'm sick because baby growing inside. Every time he sees me vomit or feel unwell he asks 'mummy, is the baby making you sick?' LOL

My 6yo has not asked, my 3yo presumes I am unwell an tells me to go and lie down and watch cbeebies lol and my 1yo stands next to the bath tub copying the noise I make heaving thinks it's a game lolol

My son knows that having a baby in your tummy makes you feel sick sometimes. I always make sure to say every time though that the baby isn't doing it on purpose, but growing babies is hard and can make you feel sick. Honestly if he was older I probably wouldn't have told him about the pregnancy but he's just old enough to understand everything I say but if, heaven forbid, something happens during this pregnancy, he will be a little confused and then move on. If news of a mc was going to devastate him, I would wait til a safe point to tell him.

I've just been honest with my 4 year old ! Honesty is best policy ! There at the age now where start hiding lieing they know about it and I never want any trust issues as little as it sounds ! But there also you g enough if anything happend you can easily make a shorty that's not that bad

I just told my eldest straight away theirs a baby in mummy's tummy and I might well feel sick- I'm still a bit too early to be sick. He's only three so if anything were to happen I can say this baby wasn't ready to stay but hopefully another one will soon and he won't question it. I have to admit I was so excited to tell him I'm useless at keeping secrets lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->