How do you feel about your family being complete?

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
As the title says!
I feel good about it some days, others not so much! If my DH said "let's have another" I'd have my clothes off in a flash :haha: but realistically I know 3 is a good number for us. And there's no way he'd ever say that! I long to be pregnant, even though 6 weeks ago I was pregnant and so over it; I think I'll always be broody for pregnancy.
How do you feel? Happy to be done with ttc/pregnancy/waiting to find your children, sad :)hugs:), or in-between?

I think there's a part of me that's upset. It's going to be final for us (oh is having a vesectomy) but there's a bigger part of me that's glad. I guess I just want to enjoy our family now. Watch them grow, not to be in the baby pause status if that makes sense. I don't want to be pregnant again, I don't want to go through it all and labour, mentally preparing my self for that and the newborn stage which I find mentally hard. Plus it's logical,I only really wanted 2, I sometimes worry how we will afford them all in the future. It's hard having three, I can't imagine having a fourth. A little sad I'll never have a girl, as much as I love my boys, I'd love a girl. But I can't guarantee that.
Plus it's 2 years and counting since I last slept through the night.......

I'm just happy. The idea of ttc, loses, pregnancy, a baby that isn't Orion, him not being my baby etc all terrify me. I feel so complete since Orion :)

Several weeks ago I was fine with being done and my dh getting vasectomy, but with it being tomorrow morning I am not. I am very sad and feel like I'm in mourning for the babies I've lost as I've had 5 miscarriages 3 of which have been since my last son was born and for the baby I will never have. Especially seeing since I always saw myself having a daughter and won't ever get that chance. I've been crying most of the time since last night. My dh doesn't get it. I wish he would have just got the vas back after I had Len like he was going to do before chickening out so I wouldn't have had 3 more losses and wanting one last rainbow.

:hugs: I'm sorry hun xx

I'm waiting for my date for my tubes clipping. I'm so over the baby stage, my youngest is 2. Some days my gut aches like it did after our losses and other days I can breath freely. Bit in limbo right now. Just waiting for the op date and I'll probably feel completely different.

I struggle sometimes, and the only way I manage to deal with that feeling is just by being selfish really, and think about the things I couldn't do if we had another. This year I threw myself into projects to take me away from it.

I know, deep down, in my heart, we are complete as we are. But my mum had my sister 16 years after my brother, and that plays around in my head.

We've said that if in 10 years we regret the decision, we are going to foster or adopt. Its to dangerous for me to carry another.

At the moment I am ok, I think it being our decision helps as opposed to one of us saying no.

I actually think my husband is going to be more broody than me.

On the whole I just feel comfortable with my 4, i didn't ever think that would happen but I do. Youngest is 18 months so not sure how ill feel when she is older.

Several weeks ago I was fine with being done and my dh getting vasectomy, but with it being tomorrow morning I am not. I am very sad and feel like I'm in mourning for the babies I've lost as I've had 5 miscarriages 3 of which have been since my last son was born and for the baby I will never have. Especially seeing since I always saw myself having a daughter and won't ever get that chance. I've been crying most of the time since last night. My dh doesn't get it. I wish he would have just got the vas back after I had Len like he was going to do before chickening out so I wouldn't have had 3 more losses and wanting one last rainbow.

:hugs:. I hope that once its done it is easier to accept not having any more and move on. I'm sure I'll feel like this once DH gets his vasectomy. If it really feels like the wrong decision maybe you could ask your DH to delay? I know it probably seems too late but if you think you'll regret it then I would :hugs:

Our family is complete with Our two boys. I am a little sad every time someone I know has a girl as I would of loved one. I love my boys to bits and Wouldn't change them for the world tho. I too have got involved in the local youth club to get me out, and seeing more people. I am enjoying my free time in the mornings now tho

I'm devastated about being complete. I know practically and financially we'd never cope with a 4th plus ds3 ended with an emergency c section and him being in neonatal for 2 weeks and I couldn't bare to go through that again. But I'd love just one more, most of my friends are only on their first so I have to watch most of them go through more pregnancies plus I would have loved to have my daughter that I'm now never going to get

I am happy that our family is complete. I loved being pregnant and labour but wouldn't want to go through the stress of early pregnancy and loss again xx

I'm very happy with our one girl. :thumbup:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a parent, our girl was a surprise for us. :blush: But we rolled with it. I love her, I love all things about her. With her special needs tho, she's our only. I just don't have it in me to try and juggle another when she already needs so much from us. :)

Which I don't mind doing. But there's never been a naggle in my mind, even when I was fresh out of having her that I would want another. I had my tubes tied when she was about 5 I think? Best decision ever. :thumbup:

I do get grief though about having her as an only child and that she'll "never know" the joys of having siblings. Drives me up the wall if I'm honest. Not all siblings get along. And really how fair would it be to another baby if literally the only reason why we did it was so Claire could have a sibling? :shrug: Makes no sense to me if I'm honest.

Probably because I am so very, truly, utterly done with having more children? :shrug:

We're very happy being done. I'm 36, DH is 42 and he also has a 15 year old son from a previous relationship. Our boys are 4 and 2.5 months and I'm definitely happy and content being done. I think when Jack was this age, I was already broody for another. But not this time. It was a rough pregnancy and sleep deprivation with another child in the house sucks! DH is going for the snip soon.

I'm happy with my family, it feels complete now. I've got a consult for a sterilisation this month which I'm a bit nervous about, but OH refuses to get the snip so I feel like it falls on me to do something. I am slightly worried I'll hit 35 and want another but won't be able to though.

Happy! I feel like even though this pregnancy is flying by and my mental health has been a bit shaky i've really appreciated the milestones of it because I know this in my last chance to. I know OH would have more if I agreed to it and I wish he could be on the same page as me in that respect but i'm hoping that will come in time.

:hugs: to those struggling with being done :hugs:

Afm, it's complicated.

Lo was always going to be my last even from planning her, then with the rough pregnancy (I suffered with awful spd from early 2nd tri and ended up needing crutches and in agony and miserable, also carpal tunnel syndrome) the decision was nailed. The birth has thrown me completely off though as it hurts that my last birth experience was so completely rubbish whilst at the same time it's not even worth thinking about doing that again.

I feel my heart us full. I love and adore my two babies. They will always be my babies. I try t explain to my oh I'm finished having babies, our family is complete. But there is that ache of not having another. But I am completely done. My two keep my plenty busy.

I feel a bit sad, but I know its the right decision. Age, health, finance... everything is against having another baby. I suppose that some sadness is something that will always be there to an extent :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->