How do you fit all meals and bottles in?

Callum tends to drink 4 hourly and even though they differ in time from day to day he does tend to drink them between meals i.e. he'll have breakfast at 8.30am and then a bottle about 11.00am, then he'll have dinner at 12pm and then a bottle about 3pm and then he'll have tea at 5.30pm and then a bottle about 7pm xx

Hey there

I remember thinking exactly the same as you when my LO was 6mths & we were starting out on the weaning, I didn't know how'd I'd fit it all in, but I just had a trial & error approach & followed LO's lead & we have a good routine now, (8 mths).

Wake between 6 & 7 am
Milk - 7/7.30
Breakfast - between 8 & 9 (usually porridge with fruit puree or Weetabix with fruit puree & sometimes a bit of toast)
milk - 11/11.30
lunch - 1 ish (meat & veg, or veg/pasta dish with yoghurt, rice pudding or fruit after)
milk - 3.30/4
dinner - 5/5.30 (same as lunch)
milk -7/7.30 then bed!

If I go out I always have a milk & then I either take a banana, yog, rice pud or a pot of ready made stuff, (usually I make his food, but will use jars etc when going out as they're so handy).

Good luck
Jayne

I weaned early (just before 5 months) due to reflux and poor weight gain so i felt it important that he kept up all his milk feeds. I always give my lo his bottle first and then solids during the day but the other way around at night. our day goes like this pretty much:
7am milk
8am breakfast (one cube fruit puree)
11-11:30ish bottle followed by lunch (4-5 cubes of veg puree)
2:30 bottle
5-5:30ish tea (5 teaspoons of baby rice and 2 cubes of fruit)
6:30ish bottle

he hasn't refused solids yet and loves to eat (so i feel confident he is ready)and has only just started to cut back on his 11am bottle some days - i'm waiting for him to do it on his own pretty much. I built all of this up very gradually though starting with just a tiny amount once a day.
he still has one night feeds most nights but we have cut that back to about 100mls and will keep cutting every few days until it is gone.
I loosly follow a well known baby authors plan for weaning as it gives me more confidence (not for everyone) as it helps me know which foods to introduce when roughly as some are more difficult to digest and cause babies to cut back to rapidly on their milk. Its a personal choice but it works for us! Good luck!

Emma hi I see your lo has reflux which milk are is he on, we have the same problem with our lo. Also which fruit/veg puree as they say reflux babies are sensitive to certain fruit/veg any help would be appreciated as I'm just starting the weaning process. x

Hiya - we use aptamil - although up until recently he was breastfed with formula only used as a top up and at that point we were using the aptamil comfort. To be honest his reflux has all but disappeared since weaning so its not really been a problem. I was quite nervous about introducing foods for the same reason as you but it has been fine - i started with just a tiny bit of baby rice and pear or apple puree as they are kind on the tummy and then i progressed through most vegies starting with sweet potato, carrot and parsnip, he now has green beans, brocolli, corgette (sp) and none seem to have caused him any problem so i shall keep going in the same way. I just took it slowly and only introduced new things every few days - whilst watching him like a hawk :haha: I think banana is supposed to be quite good for reflux too but i haven't tried it yet. Good luck - i hope it goes well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->