How do you get around London with a baby?

RedRose

New mum :)
Reaction score
We are off to London tomorrow for two nights. We are planning a trip to the zoo on Saturday.

What's the best way to get around do you reckon? I'm not sure about a pushchair on the tube on a Saturday? How would we get up and down the escalators?

Can we take a taxi with a pushchair?

I literally have no idea!

Wear a sling on the tube (but you'll boil). Are there some lifts? I can't remember, haven't been into town since LO came along!

Walking is pretty good in London, everything is a lot nearer than you expect. xx

I looked into this as I wasn't sure. But all tube stations have lifts available although I've never seen them so I guess you'll need to ask. We never did get there yet, so I don't know through experience. :shrug:

We take a carrier with the pushchair for underground stations without a lift. There really aren't very tube stations with lifts. You can go on TFL website and get a list of stations with lifts.

Or just walk if the sun is out!

Have a fun day:flower:

i've taken buggy on tube in fri rush hour so yep its dooable! but take a sling too as LO may decide they want carrying as unsure of surroundings. there are lifts in lots of stations but main ones not all the little side exits for tube

defo recommend buggy and sling...buggy can at least carry your coats if nothing else :)

Good idea, will check if the tube stations we need have lifts.

Will also check the distance from the hotel to the zoo. I'm a bit worried about walking too much in the sun cos I overdid it last time and ended up with heatstroke! Was so ill.

Have now got a sun hat :thumbup::haha:

ETA This is a great example of why we need a fold up buggy, and not just a massive travel system.

hiya, its really easy to travel in london with ur buggy. If you use journey planner for your trips it will tell you the quickest route and different routes you can take if there are delays.
https://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

& you can see what stations have disabled access which means its ok for prams too. Also I just bump my l.o up stairs if there are only a few and someone has always offered to help me. You can go in black cabs with ur pushchair you don't even have to fold it. xx

hiya, its really easy to travel in london with ur buggy. If you use journey planner for your trips it will tell you the quickest route and different routes you can take if there are delays.
https://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

& you can see what stations have disabled access which means its ok for prams too. Also I just bump my l.o up stairs if there are only a few and someone has always offered to help me. You can go in black cabs with ur pushchair you don't even have to fold it. xx

Thats fab, thank you! :thumbup:

I live in London and it's a NIGHTMARE taking public transport with a buggy. Wear if you can! Even with a car it's a nightmare in london as traffic is diabolical at rush hour, and theres congestion charge etc...ugh. I love London but this is one thing I despise about it! Good luck! Avoid rushhour and the utbe should be decent, try to go to stations which say they have lifts (you can look on the map to check which ones do) if you're not comfy risking the escalators. Hope you enjoy yourself and bring lots of water for the tubes as they can get really hot!

I think it should be fine on the tube. My DH for one helps anyone we see struggling with a buggy on the steps (now it will be me he helps! :haha:) I'm sure he's not the only one.

Have a good day out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->