How do you get through the MS stage?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by honeybee2208, Jun 2, 2011.

1. honeybee2208

honeybee2208 Member

Hi everyone... I wondered if you could tell me how you cope through the sickness stage? Im 32, 4th pregnancy. I had a miscarriage back in feb, which was a very emotional time. I had only a few symptoms that time and no morning sickness at all. This time its full blown!! i know i shouldnt moan but ive tried everything i can think of to make me feel a little better. Ive been feeling sick and throwing up since the beginning of week 5. Im shattered and i cant seem to do anything. All i want to do is lie down and breathe my way through the horrible sickness. Has anyone else suffered bad? anyone got any good advice? also when did everybodies MS subside? pleassssee give me some advice....thankyou xx

2. DG1984

DG1984 Mommy to Noah

I've had really bad morning sickness since about 6 weeks...I have found that nothing makes me feel better. I'm on medication but all it really does it helps me keep food down. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone! I try and remind myself it's a good thing that I have the morning sickness, but some days I just want it to go away!

3. heres_hoping

heres_hoping Angel mummy to Robert

Sorry you're feeling so awful...if it helps you at all, my worst weks were 6-8, 9 and 10 still bad but light at the end of the tunnel, and this week just mild nausea, still not nice but much more bearable/ignorable.

Since I was going for acupuncture when TTC (and I worked for me after just 4 sessions!) I was completely sold and carried it on to treat my MS in my worst weeks. I was expensive (£25 per session-went weekly) but I'm sure I wouldn;t have coped at all without it.

Cheaper alternative are the travel sickness bands- I've been using theose the last two weeks and they have helped to a lesser degree.

Otherwise, just try to eat little and often, I found I was always worst on an empty stomach, so nibbled on a little of whatever I felt I'd keep down. Oh, and ginger ale helped a little too.

Hope you feel better soon x

4. pupsicle

pupsicle Mummy to a daughter

I sucked a lot of mints :) worked for me

5. honeybee2208

honeybee2208 Member

thnx ladies for your replies. At the minute im on Metoclopromide but they dont seem to be making any difference what so ever. The only thing that seems to work for a few hours is sucking on a ice lolly. Cant wait until it eases off. Just want to enjoy being pregnant but finding it hard because i seem to spend most of my time in the toilet..lol. If im not being sick, im constipated! Ive tried nibbling on bits of food but to no avail. Also tried crackers too. I feel like a moaner and my other half is probably sick of hearing me moan now!lol... Im gonna try sucking on mints to see if that works.....xx

6. chloe85

chloe85 expecting no two!!

mine is getting bad I had it awful when I was pregnant with my son until 26 weeks and lost a stone and a half, this time I feel bad and all I want to do is lie down all day but my son is almost one so no chance of that I've found eating little and often seems to be working at the moment and I'm going to try travel sickness bands just hope it doesn't last as long this time

7. doxie.chi

doxie.chi Well-Known Member

I had to go to the Hospital 3 times in the last two weeks for IV fluids...They really helped. We've also tried lots of medications and Zofran really helps me, I would not be able to do it without them. I wish you the best of luck, and my doctor told me that women who are this sick have great pregnancy outcomes, I dont know how true it is but it made me feel better. Its all worth it, I hope you feel better. Also I tried hard ginger candy and gingerale, it helped a little bit

8. doxie.chi

doxie.chi Well-Known Member

Also sea bands, I was still nauseas, but I didnt vomit with them on

9. mummylove

mummylove Well-Known Member

I had MS from 6 weeks it was so hard i was sick after everything i ate but i just thought well if im this bad then everything must be going fine the sickness died down about 11 weeks i am still its all worth itsick sometimes but after seeing my baby today

10. catcatcat

catcatcat Well-Known Member

I had it till 24 wks with 2nd pg, didnt have it wil mc now been praying for it and its here ive been gagging all day with a watery mouth i dont know how i will fill in school holks but im pleased ive got it !!!!! Mad. Ice lollies are helping

11. mummylove

mummylove Well-Known Member

Its like we are never happy lol we moan if we aint got MS and we moan we do lol

I suppose its a gud sign when u av it. I never had it with my last pregnancy which was a MC and when i got it this pregnancy i was happy i was still scared tho and moaned about being sick lol